Tottenham Hotspur vs Southampton | Wednesday 9 Feb | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tonight was a reality check but we ain't out of anything.

A draw would have probably been fair but their firsr half was fantastic.

We have some players who are just not just not up.to it..

Phase 2 is needed in the summer.

Surely Conte's decision to allow royal to play the entire game even beyond the first half has to be under question. We were lucky to be in front and he STILL stays on. Bring on 'fucking anyone' for royal. Sanchez, Regie both absolutely awful players. Romero even caught the bug today but forgive him as he also got us out of trouble a lot of times. Lucus should have stayed on especially with how the game was poised. If we were a couple up I'd understand but we honestly don't have anyone else that does what he does

So what do we do?

Keep the players who keep failing or keep the managers who keep not succeeding?

Conte doesn't do well when he doesn't have the best team in the competition, just look at his CL record. Are we going to give him the Billion pounds to spend to blow City out of the water?

What do we do?

I guess you mean ENIC:

1: They identify a sustainable level of expedienture, hire football people to make football decisions within that framework and let the board members back TFA from football matters. In other words, run the pro football club the way pro football clubs are run

or

2: Sell the club off to owners who actually wants to run an FC.

I'm not a Conte out idiot, but he chose to play Emerson over Doherty. If he chooses that again, he's digging his own grave.

José mentioned that we don't see what happens in training. It's the same wondering why Rodon isn't playing instead of Sanchez. We see a team play once a week, maybe twice. The Manager has to make his mind up based on the overall picture.

We don't have Lambtey coming on if Emerson is crap. We don't have Yves coming on if Winks isn't performing. We have to give the manager the benifit of the doubt. Four managers can't be wrong. At some point we must realise.that the problem lays with the players.

Southampton deserved the win, but it was a bit of an odd game. If Reguilon buries that sitter and Kane scores the header we would probably have won it pretty comfortably.
we was second best over the 90, deserved to lose. poor from conte and poor from the usual suspects..but then expecting any different from them would be madness. hopefully conte fucking learns

I think around about this time 3 years ago poch said we needed a rebuild then he lost his rag at burnley after game. The reason...frustration. Here we are now and were saying we need a rebuild. Why didnt levy listen to poch instead of hiring loads of managers last 3 years. Think poch wanted rid of dier 3 years ago. We cant pin our hopes on dier ffs.
Poch signed the 3 midfield players for around £120 million that Conte has just fucked off for being shit.
As I have said before Poch in the transfer market was shit.
Poch will not be coming back Conte is twice the manager Poch will ever be

Barring a spell in the second half Southampton completely dominated this match and we can't have any complaints about losing this game in terms of result. A midfield 2 of winks and hojbjerg does not allow us to assert any kind of pressure and dictate a game. The only thing we can do is play a counter attack style from a long ball from a defender that's just had the ball passed back to them by winks or hojbjerg. I'd give my right nut to have a team capable to do what Southampton did tonight. Sadly we don't have that and rely on occasional moments in a game and pray we score off of 1 or 2 of them. 5 at the back does not suit this squad we do not have the players here with the quality that conte is used to.

Back
Top Bottom