Tottenham Hotspur vs Southampton | Wednesday 9 Feb | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This game beautifully summed up what it’s been like watching this club for the past 30 years. Result was absolutely fair. Maybe 3-7 would have been a more accurate reflection of the play. It’s like the 90s again. A few flashes of hope. A tiny handful of decent players. Masses of crap all over the place too. Also… we’ve gone from Kyle Walker to Trippier to Aurier to Chicken Royale?! FML.

:contefacepalm:
I call him "Royale with cheese", and my pet name for Stevie B is "Burger van".

This is why that transfer window was poor. We still have absolute shite throughout this squad and I've got a feeling we are going to fuck up the top 4 finish yet again. We needed to sign at least a RWB to have a good chance.

Dogshit performance all in all. The Royale with cheese needs taking out of the firing line.

On the plus side, the club is improving despite the odd bad performance and 3 weeks ago we pulled of one of the greatest comebacks of all time. Take the rough with the smooth.

Also, Southampton fans were terrible tonight. Woeful support

Last edited:
Go back to September, it was obvious then that a midfield of Hojbjerg & Winks, supported by Royal would lose more games than they won.

Look back 6 weeks & a team with 9 of the same players, with winks and Hojbjerg again in the midfield, and recall a team that failed to break down a ten man Southampton side.

That we are here really is fucking tragic. And that performance tonight was very predictable, because the absolute minimum was done to sort this shit out, it is fury inducing.

where the money go ? you fucking thief. :levyeyes:

And how come Adams acted like he was shot laid on the turf for over 5 minutes and resurrected like Jesus to score ? And 6 subs = 1 minute stoppage time ?

Mate you will not believe the two years I've had since I last posted. Fuck I've missed you.
It’s almost as if for the last two years you’ve been posting as someone else??

Bad form old chap

We don’t do that sort of thing here

And please don’t believe the rumours that I used to post as a woman called Beryl

Go back to September, it was obvious then that a midfield of Hojbjerg & Winks, supported by Royal would lose more games than they won.

Look back 6 weeks & a team with 9 of the same players, with winks and Hojbjerg again in the midfield, and recall a team that failed to break down a ten man Southampton side.

That we are here really is fucking tragic. And that performance tonight was very predictable, because the absolute minimum was done to sort this shit out, it is fury inducing.

where the money go ? you fucking thief. :levyeyes:
It's almost like THFC is a side project for Levy & co, and it's all about getting more NFL, and concerts at our stadium; I feel your frustation brother.

The Manager will always carry the Blame. Poch did, Jose did and now Conté is. What could he have done differently?
People are protesting because he didn't start someone who is coming of the Juve Bench. Our squad is really lacking in quality. To be honest I would've even preferred Gio or Gil in toward the middle of the second half. Expecting Kulu and Co to come in and immediately fit in from the the Juve Bench is absolute Dreamland stuff.

I honestly can’t think of one manager past or present that would get a tune out of this shower

Conte has performed miracles getting us where we are

At the rate that we do transfers, there is honestly not going to be enough windows for us to get rid of all the trash in this squad before Conte leaves.

How many years will it take before the like of Winks, Hojbjerg, Royal, Doherty, Sanchez, Davies, Reguilon and Dier are all gone? The world might have ended before that day comes.

I’m just glad Daniel and Fabio thought RWB wasn’t a priority this January. We really showed how the right side is top notch tonight. Fuck, this loss really has me in a bad fucking mood

At the rate that we do transfers, there is honestly not going to be enough windows for us to get rid of all the trash in this squad before Conte leaves.

How many years will it take before the like of Winks, Hojbjerg, Royal, Doherty, Sanchez, Davies, Reguilon and Dier are all gone? The world might have ended before that day comes.
Get rid of ? Half that lot will be getting new contracts lined up by Levy as we speak.

:levylol:

Just poured myself a Jack Daniels -this is not going to end well.
Vomiting Marcus Butler GIF by StyleHaul

First off, it has to be said, Southampton are a fucking tough side to play against. Outside of ManC they are the hardest pressing team in the PL - at least for the first 45 minutes of games. Outside of City they are the side I least enjoy playing against right now.

They do tend to run out of puff a bit second halves, but they are still are really tricky opponent, and if they had better quality footballers all over the pitch they would be duking it out up the 3-6th place IMO.

Everyone's bitching and whining about our defenders (me included), but tactically we should expect better from Conte than that first half - it's not like they didn't do exactly the same in the away game before they lost a man.

Generally speaking Conte's has improved what we are doing without the ball, but tonight we were shoddy and his selections and tactics didn't help. He should have started us in the 352, given us more ability to play out and pressure them when trying to play through us, he could then switch to 343 later of needed.

Second half they ran out puff, as the tend to do, and we got on top, scored a great goal, and then pissed it away with some really fucking lazy play, allowing JWP time and space twice to chuck in decent balls into our box, but we should be able to defend "crosses" better - generally we have been under Conte. All three goals our defenders - all of them - were fucking about.

I think on the balance of the chances/game a draw would have been fair (the X/G's agree 1.74 us v 1.73 them) but I can't grumble at losing either, the manner in which we lost control after taking the lead was piss poor.

Romero's great at charging out but I was less than impressed by some of his defending in our box. Davies, Sanchez, Emerson and Reguilon all did plenty of sloppy shit. So many times I see our defenders marking "space" not people in dangerous situations (and Dier's even worse for this). but make no mistake this is not just about defenders - it's about how we defended as a team.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom