Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers 2pm Sunday 13th of Feb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because he lacks quality and the effort doesn’t offset his ability to play as an effective part of a fluid front 3

He’s been good this season but still hinders us to play fast attacking football

When we're as bad as we have been the last few games, I appreciate his effort.
When we're a bit better all over the pitch and he runs down blind alleys and hinders us, I'm not as grateful.

The reality and truth is levy dont see players as assets and its not in his dna or logic to spend big in transfer market. Yet he will spend 50m on building a cinema. I support tottenham to watch good football and win a trophy now and again. Not a fucking cinema. He annoys me.
In a nutshell. Levy sees potential in a cinema. You pay out x amount and month on month it makes a certain amount of money until the day you clear initial debt, or you sell it for more money than it cost you.

The problems with players are that they lack that certainty, there's no guarantee a player will make a profit, so it's to him "Risk analysis".

The hit he'll take on Lo Celso and Ndombele will have scared him off, but his intial venture into football with Rangers and David Murray where a £40million investment got reduced to £8million in a few years will always be in his thinking.

Give it a couple of years newcastle will overtake us. First chelsea, then city and now newcastle. Need to move with times and no room for sentimentality principal bullshit. We need a new progressive owner.
A couple of years? Give it another six games and they will overtake us on current form. And they can even draw one of those.

Last edited:
In a nutshell. Levy sees potential in a cinema. You pay out x amount and month on month it makes a certain amount of money until the day you clear initial debt, or you sell it for more money than it cost you.

The problems with players are that they lack that certainty, there's no guarantee a player will make a profit, so it's to him "Risk analysis".

The hit he'll take on Lo Celso and Ndombele will have scared him off, but his intial venture into football with Rangers and David Murray where a £40million investment got reduced to £8million in a few years will always be in his thinking.

Actually, Cinema is a massive risk these days.
Since covid more films are going straight to home release. Long before Covid TV's and home audio got bigger and better.
Last time I went to the cinema was either the last star wars or last Avengers. Viewing numbers around the world are down. Studios seem more keen to push home release with a £20 fee to see it earlier.

he created a lot of chances, but waste them. yes maybe 6 is too much. 5- 5,5

it's early to say. bentancur is a great signing

because he also made some good saves
I mean they are your ratings and my opinion is ultimately no better than yours, I would argue though that if a keeper makes two glaring errors that lead to the oppositions two goals and all but guarantee the loss of 3 points then it's kind of a mute point for them to go on and make a string of great saves, the damage is done.

But as stated that's just my opinion

You clearly don't understand what "Common Good" means. You don't see what mass action can achieve. What do you do if a restaurant gives you shitty food. Do you go there and order a double helping the next week. I don't go to games, because I can't. I used to proudly wear the jersey and I payed a large portion of my hard earned salary for that. I don't anymore. I refuse to be handed scraps for my undying support. Not being willing to stay away from a game or two, doesn't short change me, It short changes you. I mostly stream games so I don't spend a fortune on that. You pay one of the highest ticket prices to get crap. If you happy with that, continue going to games and enjoy the privilege of being at the "Nameless" Stadium.

I'm proposing everyone, in which ever way possible, boycott anything bringing in finance to Levy and Co. Players will realise what is at stake. They know you and, I in whichever way, puts them on that pitch. Owners know where the value of a club lies. Its mostly in the supporters. Without them No FC can survive. Threaten that and they will soon wake up.
what next - we all put bleach in our eyes so we can't watch?
followed by us all cutting off our noses

I mean they are your ratings and my opinion is ultimately no better than yours, I would argue though that if a keeper makes two glaring errors that lead to the oppositions two goals and all but guarantee the loss of 3 points then it's kind of a mute point for them to go on and make a string of great saves, the damage is done.

But as stated that's just my opinion
moot

a mute point is one you never make, .......probably

I count, what 6 players on the edge of the box after Hugo parries the shot didn't even move an inch

Remember we conceded a goal like that against Chelsea (Giroud) and players just stood around whilst the ball was rebounding around the box before they scored and the players didn't move.

This is clearly a mentality issue and this type of mediocrity has been ingrained in the club culture for too long.

Not very big or strong as far CBs go, and doesn't jump very high either. He got bodied by Michail Antonio, and a few others before he got injured. Same problem we had with Toby and Jan imo, lost count of how many headers Toby lost in his last two seasons.

He doesn't seem very communicative, Dier used to always do the "push up" gesture to keep Sanchez and Davies in line, set up walls, set pieces etc. Maybe he'll do better with Dier who can be the physical presence to deal with set pieces and let Romero be the more technical and aggressive player.

If Dier was less slow and clunky, we can push our back line up, and really let Romero loose, knowing that someone else will cover for him when he inevitably loses one of those challenges.
I have to say, I really don't see what all the fuss is about with Romero.

For a start, he's barely played since joining...injury after injury. There was also the situation with the Argentina game he traveled to and got done with Covid restrictions on the way back...not great attitude, especially when you've just joined a new club.

And whenever he did play, I can't say he ever wowed me. I've seen many better CBs in the PL, he's defo not in my top 10. Them last two games, loads on here have let him off the hook, instead blaming (rightly so) Sanch, Emerson, Winksy, Hoj, Doc, Lucas...but Romero really didn't shine either. Yes, it doesn't help that he's surrounded by crap. But is he doing enough himself? I really don't think he does. And as far as I'm concerned, you can't call yourself an elite CB if you're so dubious at dealing with crosses. You don't see VVD flopping like Rom whenever a cross comes into the Liverpool box. In the PL, if you can't defend crosses, what's even the point being on the pitch.

I wish we could still get out of getting him on a permanent, but it's too late. As things stand, I don't see this as 42 mil well spent. But happy to give him more time, see how he improves with more games under his belt but, mainly, with better players around him.

I count, what 6 players on the edge of the box after Hugo parries the shot didn't even move an inch

Remember we conceded a goal like that against Chelsea (Giroud) and players just stood around whilst the ball was rebounding around the box before they scored and the players didn't move.

This is clearly a mentality issue and this type of mediocrity has been ingrained in the club culture for too long.

Without even pressing play on that video i can tell you right now Winks is one of them.

:contesideeye:

Getting to the stage that the only enjoyment I'm getting from going to Tottenham is meeting up with people before the game and the noodles after!!!
Bloody awful performance TBH, hard to remember anything decent.
Just overdosed on chocolate, but don't really feel any better.
I agree with this loads.

Part of me is relieved I can't go to the ground that often these days (I'm now based in Belgium) because paying to watch such poor, lazy effort...no thanks.

But yeah, on the other end, I do miss the pre-match atmosphere, meeting up with fellow fans, chewing the fat, discussing players we'd love to see at Spurs...

When I'm next attending a match, it would actually be great to meet you and some of the other nice, interesting folks I've seen on here like Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor tommyboyspurs tommyboyspurs , Shotgunofmichalebrow Shotgunofmichalebrow , Tomo Tomo ...

Bentancur the only one from the edge of the box who tried to close him down, and even he hesitated for no reason. Without that moments pause he probably blocks the shot.

Feel like only Skippy consistently sniffs out danger in situations like this.

I agree with this loads.

Part of me is relieved I can't go to the ground that often these days (I'm now based in Belgium) because paying to watch such poor, lazy effort...no thanks.

But yeah, on the other end, I do miss the pre-match atmosphere, meeting up with fellow fans, chewing the fat, discussing players we'd love to see at Spurs...

When I'm next attending a match, it would actually be great to meet you and some of the other nice, interesting folks I've seen on here like Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor tommyboyspurs tommyboyspurs , Shotgunofmichalebrow Shotgunofmichalebrow , Tomo Tomo ...

Everybody welcome. I'm the little fat bloke with an entourage.

Bentancur the only one from the edge of the box who tried to close him down, and even he hesitated for no reason. Without that moments pause he probably blocks the shot.

Feel like only Skippy consistently sniffs out danger in situations like this.
I think they were all expecting Hugo to catch that second attempt.

I think they were all expecting Hugo to catch that second attempt.
As they should but the point of good defensive organisation is to be in the right place in case of emergency and then react to threats asap.

I see this in our attack a lot too, Son and especially Kane has a habit of stopping his supporting run early if he thinks Son/Moura are about take a shot. Lamela was great counter example, always ready to run and occupy a defender or tap it in a scuffed shot, whether or not Kane/Son etc. ever showed any intention of passing to him.

Drives me mad hearing how we need to spend 200 to 300 million on players, wolves and Southampton didn’t cost the colour of that and barring son and kane I’d argue none of our team would get into theirs.

In terms of improving our best XI; I'd take Nevez a maybe KWP......

Neither team has a better squad.

Back
Top Bottom