Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers 2pm Sunday 13th of Feb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he became disillusioned with the project due to lack of needed investment . Before he left he talked about uncertainty of his future , for me , it’s clear why he said that .
I don't think he'd be very impressed with the investment since he's left. He'd never come back to work under the bald dwarf.

I count, what 6 players on the edge of the box after Hugo parries the shot didn't even move an inch

Remember we conceded a goal like that against Chelsea (Giroud) and players just stood around whilst the ball was rebounding around the box before they scored and the players didn't move.

This is clearly a mentality issue and this type of mediocrity has been ingrained in the club culture for too long.

That is such a nonsense statement, you do post some poorly thought out comments at times.

Have you never played football?

Even if Hugo made no errors, we still draw the game 0-0 which for top four hopefuls, not good enough.

We need to be beating teams like Southampton and Wolves.

This obsession with Poch. He went because we had turned to shit....what is going to do if he comes back???
He left because he warned Levy that unless investment in replacement players for the ageing team was made, the team would become un competitive.

Which is exactly what has happened.

Surely you can see that? That and the fact that the club bought him players he didn't want or sanction, as far as I am aware.

Even if Hugo made no errors, we still draw the game 0-0 which for top four hopefuls, not good enough.

Who knows.... They'd have probably left a few more gaps to exploit if they didn't get a 2 goal head-start.

Echoes of the CL final in that respect.

Agreed but he won’t and should he when he’s on £3 million a year and not really accountable because Joe doesn’t give a fuck about the team and looking forward to a NFL franchise and main events like boxing and music concerts

We’re absolutely fucked imv
Might as well be owned by Mike Ashley.

Who knows.... They'd have probably left a few more gaps to exploit if they didn't get a 2 goal head-start.

Echoes of the CL final in that respect.
But we didn't score anyway, We need to be beating teams like Southampton and Wolves if we're aiming for a forth place in the PL.

Think about what I just posted.
I did, but from what I'm reading Wolves could have had a few more goals, as could Southampton, we're lucky they didn't.

We always seem to concede possession in most matches, If we can't score against Wolves at home we don't deserve to be forth. Regardless of any goalkeeper errors.

Your post suggests if we concede first we're fucked.

I did, but from what I'm reading Wolves could have had a few more goals, as could Southampton, we're lucky they didn't.

Oh dear........ So you didn't even watch the game?

In all fairness; watch the game or shhhh.

We always seem to concede possession in most matches, If we can't score against Wolves at home we don't deserve to be forth. Regardless of any goalkeeper errors.

What are you going on about?

That's the complete opposite dynamic to what's just been said to you.

Your post suggests if we concede first we're fucked.

Meh...... Your grasp here is poor.

It's what comes from not having watched the game being commented upon.

I count, what 6 players on the edge of the box after Hugo parries the shot didn't even move an inch

Remember we conceded a goal like that against Chelsea (Giroud) and players just stood around whilst the ball was rebounding around the box before they scored and the players didn't move.

This is clearly a mentality issue and this type of mediocrity has been ingrained in the club culture for too long.

First off, I’ve lost count of the times Lloris has punched or flapped at things he should just catch, that one Sunday was one of the worst I’ve seen from a keeper for a long time, really fucking weak keeping.

But look at what Moura & Bentancur do, just stand and watch Wolves players run past them into the box, then (and I highlighted last week how our defenders do this a lot) players like Doherty and Romero, instead of picking up players, who are the danger, choose to retreat into spaces and mark nobody.

This has got to be about coaching and teaching. They need to be showing the players videos and talking them through the mistakes, because it’s not fucking complicated. Track fucking runners, positioning et

I actually thought Conte had got to grips with some of this, I was actually impressed with how Conte had got Sanchez playing, but last two or three games we seem to have regressed.

And it also seems so obvious that we don’t have the midfielders rounded enough to play double pivots, none of them, and we looked noticeably better in the 352 with three CM’s in there when we’ve played that way - but Conte continually goes with the 343, (or 442 v Chelsea) and our midfield struggles, understandably to play through press or apply effective press.

That is all round ridiculous defending

Oh dear........ So you didn't even watch the game?

In all fairness; watch the game or shhhh.

What are you going on about?

That's the complete opposite dynamic to what's just been said to you.

Meh...... Your grasp here is poor.

It's what comes from not having watched the game being commented upon.
Yes I was out for a meal on Sunday afternoon, so didn't watch the game.

Reading some comments in this thread Hugo made a couple of errors that led to goals conceded and Wolves could have scored more than just the 2 anyway.

My point is blindly saying if we can't score against teams like Wolves at home we don't deserve to be in forth position in the PL, and conceding goals first ought not be an excuse as you alluded that it was.

That's all, pretty simple really.

I actually thought Conte had got to grips with some of this, I was actually impressed with how Conte had got Sanchez playing, but last two or three games we seem to have regressed.

= Dier.

And it also seems so obvious that we don’t have the midfielders rounded enough to play double pivots, none of them, and we looked noticeably better in the 352 with three CM’s in there when we’ve played that way - but Conte continually goes with the 343, (or 442 v Chelsea) and our midfield struggles, understandably to play through press or apply effective press.

Dier + Skipp + 352 + Berg @ RWB.

what next - we all put bleach in our eyes so we can't watch?
followed by us all cutting off our noses
Some will believe they have the power make a change. Some will believe they have no power to make a change. I don't have to guess which side of the line you fall.

Don't ever complain about the team again. It is what you believe you deserve.

Yes I was out for a meal on Sunday afternoon, so didn't watch the game.

Reading some comments in this thread Hugo made a couple of errors that led to goals conceded and Wolves could have scored more than just the 2 anyway.

My point is blindly saying if we can't score against teams like Wolves we don't deserve to be in forth position in the PL, and conceding goals first ought not be an excuse as you alluded that it was.

That's all, pretty simple really.

Pretty simple?

I provided you with a rational based on the detail of the ACTUAL game (that you didn't see)...... You rejected it based upon a non-informed opinion in order to draw sketchy generalisations.

Wolves could have score other goals? ....So? So could we.....

Let's move on shall we.

First off, I’ve lost count of the times Lloris has punched or flapped at things he should just catch, that one Sunday was one of the worst I’ve seen from a keeper for a long time, really fucking weak keeping.

IMHO it was his worst game since he dislocated his arm. And that was pretty shit.

Got a new contract. Instantly turns to shit.

Back
Top Bottom