Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I want him back asap, hopefully a pre-season with Conte will do him a lot of good to be PL ready.

Conte's the one who sent him off on loan to begin with.... He obviously isn't that keen in the short-term.

Conte's looking for experience and ready-made guys next season...... BG will remain on the fringes and be back to square one. If I'm wrong and Conte can see him getting 30+ apps next year then great; but:

.....The real shitter here would be if we get rid on Conte's say-so and then Conte himself fucks off not long after.

Last edited:
Conte's the one who sent him off on loan to begin with.... He obviously isn't that keen in the short-term.

Conte's looking for experience and ready-made guys next season...... BG will remain on the fringes and be back to square one. If I'm wrong and Conte can see him getting 30+ apps next year then great; but:

.....The real shitter here would be if we get rid on Conte's say-so and then Conte himself fucks off not long after.
I love Conte; but we can't just keep sending away all our creative players and then get surprised when we can't break down packed defences.

He also implied he was a poor fit.

If we shift to 352 (which I pray we do!) we won't even have room for wingers.
Shift to 3-5-2 puts huge pressure on wing backs to provide width and create from there... we would need serious upgrades in both flanks before considering that.

And he did say Gil was a poor fit, but hopefully after a pre season that will change.

I am hoping so anyway- we play turgid football and Gil has unique qualities.

Shift to 3-5-2 puts huge pressure on wing backs to provide width and create from there... we would need serious upgrades in both flanks before considering that.

Well Gil won't be back til the summer at the earliest anyway; by which time you'd assume we'll have a new WB or 2.

......Whatever it takes tbh. I'm sick of us getting roughed up in MF and seeing so little of the ball.

the clips from spain look good, tuned in to a couple of games and hes working his socks off for his team with some aggressive running off the ball. if we fuck up the opportunity we have by having him as our player we really are a fucking joke. got to give him a genuine chance next year with us, not bringing him on for ten mins in games where the other team is camped in and clinging onto a goal advantage. play gil from the off and put him with actual players like kane! not that pathetic B team shit he had to suffer

no way.
Either keep him and he stays in our squad next season (which I hope we do) or sell him and put the cash into improving the first 11.
I'd literally put him in our first XI right now if we could recall him from loan and give him 3 weeks in the gym.

I've had enough of our turgid football.
Put Sonny up front, Kane support striker, and then give Gil free reign to pop up wherever he wants to create things.

Back
Top Bottom