Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From this interview, by reading the last 2 sentences, it looks as if (emphasizing if) he prefers to move back to Espana. But we know that people have been misquoted before, so...
But he mentions that he needs to gain weight/muscles but David Silva took the EPL by storm and he was even more light-weight...

“Every player needs to have continuity, to feel important. Here, at Valencia, I feel (important) from the first day,” Gil explains.

“Not playing affects you on a day-to-day basis, obviously, because you are sadder and more downcast. But it is part of football and you have to accept it.

“In the Premier League, training sessions are very physical, very hard. And that has helped me not to feel fatigue now.

“The adaptation, for me, was difficult. It is very physical football. Back and forth. Being there has been good for me, even if I didn’t play as much as I wanted. I’m more mature.

“I changed habits like eating. I had a chef at home and I gained two kilos. Even so, I noticed that it was not enough for the physical level that exists in the Premier League.

“At Valencia, I continue to work hard on endurance, physicality, in case I have to come back,” the 21-year-old adds. ‘To be prepared.

“I belong to Tottenham and they are the ones who have to decide (my future). It’s not up to me. Whether I stay at Valencia) will depend on the clubs.”

From this interview, by reading the last 2 sentences, it looks as if (emphasizing if) he prefers to move back to Espana. But we know that people have been misquoted before, so...
But he mentions that he needs to gain weight/muscles but David Silva took the EPL by storm and he was even more light-weight...

“Every player needs to have continuity, to feel important. Here, at Valencia, I feel (important) from the first day,” Gil explains.

“Not playing affects you on a day-to-day basis, obviously, because you are sadder and more downcast. But it is part of football and you have to accept it.

“In the Premier League, training sessions are very physical, very hard. And that has helped me not to feel fatigue now.

“The adaptation, for me, was difficult. It is very physical football. Back and forth. Being there has been good for me, even if I didn’t play as much as I wanted. I’m more mature.

“I changed habits like eating. I had a chef at home and I gained two kilos. Even so, I noticed that it was not enough for the physical level that exists in the Premier League.

“At Valencia, I continue to work hard on endurance, physicality, in case I have to come back,” the 21-year-old adds. ‘To be prepared.

“I belong to Tottenham and they are the ones who have to decide (my future). It’s not up to me. Whether I stay at Valencia) will depend on the clubs.”
Great IV. thanks for posting.
Seems like a good pro but must be odds on he stays in Spain.

At least one of our players will get to a final this season.

Gil is going to be a good player for somebody and knowing our luck it won't be us.
It's really not encouraging that Conte apparently didn't see the value in keeping him.

It's really not encouraging that Conte apparently didn't see the value in keeping him.

But Gil never once showed he was ready for the PL.

The only reason to keep him was because our other players suck, although LW really isn't an area we need help, not because he was good enough. I think the loan is the best thing for him as he needs to be playing big minutes now and he is not good enough to do it in the PL.

He has talent but I have doubts if he ever will be a good fit for the PL.

But Gil never once showed he was ready for the PL.

The only reason to keep him was because our other players suck, although LW really isn't an area we need help, not because he was good enough. I think the loan is the best thing for him as he needs to be playing big minutes now and he is not good enough to do it in the PL.

He has talent but I have doubts if he ever will be a good fit for the PL.
We should have loaned him to PL team. Maybe no one wanted him. But hes said how its all too physical in the PL. So if hes to play here, he should have been getting used to that not go back to spain.

We should have loaned him to PL team. Maybe no one wanted him. But hes said how its all too physical in the PL. So if hes to play here, he should have been getting used to that not go back to spain.

My concern with going to a PL team is that I don't think he is ready for the PL so I am not sure he would have got enough playing time.

I agree it would be ideal if we think he has a future with us but if it is more likely that we will sell him, which I think is the most likely and best idea, then sending him to Spain to have success is a good plan as well.

I like him. He has the right attitude. I remember how excited he was about joining Spurs.

Whenever he’s come on for us he has looked electric / imaginative. Unfortunately out of sync with the rest of the team but what do people expect if he plays 14 mins every other game.

His out of sync-ness reminds me of Moura but
- Gil has a brain / vision
- Moura has had 3 years to get in sync with the rest of the team and fails. Gil has had 96 mins of playing time.

I can see him alternating with Kulu as the CAM in a 3 man midfield for us

He said himself how being at spurs has improved him physically so much that he finds he doesnt get fatigued as much anymore. They must have been taking it easier in spain.
I think any of the references (all players) is and has always been about the intensity of the PL. It’s just played at a faster pace.

It’s not more physical, you don’t have to be bigger or stronger.

I think Bentancur and Kulu are good examples of this now, actually not evidenced from Kulu until Middlesbrough game where his was 2nd to many balls. Bentancur has looked good in games but has dwelled on the ball sometimes for a fraction too long and has lost the ball or forced into a rushed pass that went to oppo.

All new players to the PL (even those up from Champ) are consistent in saying that it’s the speed/pace/intensity that’s different.

Back
Top Bottom