Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gil seems a talented player, but I can’t see him working at Tottenham. I was thinking what is the comparison between Dejan and Gil ? And I was surprised. Seeing that our squad is paper thin maybe having both might be an idea, but then the stats (for what they are worth) are fairly telling if we have to have one or the other.

Kulusevski 5 games 2 goals 1 assist.

Bryan Gil 9 games 0 goals & on loan has only 4 La Liga games under his belt and 7 games and zero goals in total - don’t think any assists as yet.

Both are 21 and both internationals, although Dejan has 5 times more caps overall.

I'd literally put him in our first XI right now if we could recall him from loan and give him 3 weeks in the gym.

I've had enough of our turgid football.
Put Sonny up front, Kane support striker, and then give Gil free reign to pop up wherever he wants to create things.

You're getting way carried away there.....

Conte saw plenty of him in training........ You honestly think if he thought Gil was capable of completely transforming the way we play he'd be on loan right now?

Instead he preferred:

1. To buy Kulu
2. Not to sell Berg to Ajax.

Think about that for a mo'... A number of combinations of things could have been done (including having all 3 here!) but he chose the current scenario.

You're getting way carried away there.....

Conte saw plenty of him in training........ You honestly think if he thought Gil was capable of completely transforming the way we play he'd be on loan right now?

Instead he preferred:

1. To buy Kulu
2. Not to sell Berg to Ajax.

Think about that for a mo'... A number of combinations of things could have been done (including having all 3 here!) but he chose the current scenario.
As I said, my hope is hard work during pre-season will change things for Gil, in terms of physicality.

Someone please tell me where an old school winger fits in a Conte system please.

Unless we convert him to a LWB I don't see it.
If you look at our winner vs Man City, Gil could do what Kulu did except from the other flank.

I don't think Conte is so inflexible that he won't be able to fit in such a talented player like Gil. I can see him playing well as a LW in a 3-4-3. The issue is his physicality, and finishing.

Gil seems a talented player, but I can’t see him working at Tottenham. I was thinking what is the comparison between Dejan and Gil ? And I was surprised. Seeing that our squad is paper thin maybe having both might be an idea, but then the stats (for what they are worth) are fairly telling if we have to have one or the other.

Kulusevski 5 games 2 goals 1 assist.

Bryan Gil 9 games 0 goals & on loan has only 4 La Liga games under his belt and 7 games and zero goals in total - don’t think any assists as yet.

Both are 21 and both internationals, although Dejan has 5 times more caps overall.
Gil is more talented than Kulu, and much better at dribbling from what I've seen of them so far.

Kulu atm is more physically ready for the PL, and perhaps has slightly better finishing. But tbh we need a RW who is a reliable scorer of goals, which we don't have at all.

Gil is more talented than Kulu, and much better at dribbling from what I've seen of them so far.

Kulu atm is more physically ready for the PL, and perhaps has slightly better finishing. But tbh we need a RW who is a reliable scorer of goals, which we don't have at all.
We could have done with Gil LW and Bergwijn RW against Boro.

If you look at our winner vs Man City, Gil could do what Kulu did except from the other flank.

I don't think Conte is so inflexible that he won't be able to fit in such a talented player like Gil. I can see him playing well as a LW in a 3-4-3. The issue is his physicality, and finishing.
In a system which places such reliance on wing backs you want inverted wide forwards so I can't see him playing on the left.

Maybe he can be converted to play on the right but I believe most of his career has been on the left.

No reason to think Kulu can't develop into that player. Plenty of goal threat in him.

In a system which places such reliance on wing backs you want inverted wide forwards so I can't see him playing on the left.
Why can't we pair a left footer with another left footer at LW and LWB?
I don't think its beyond Conte to work out a solution to utilise Gil in the team. I think the problem Conte has is that Gil's physicality means he's just not cut out for PL intensity at this moment. Hopefully that changes soon.

Imagine if wins the cup. It's a realistic possiblity.

Why can't we pair a left footer with another left footer at LW and LWB?
I don't think its beyond Conte to work out a solution to utilise Gil in the team. I think the problem Conte has is that Gil's physicality means he's just not cut out for PL intensity at this moment. Hopefully that changes soon.
It's notthe intensity that's the problem. He runs like a demon the entire time.

I think too much. He needs to learn positional discipline, add some muscle and shoot more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom