Man Utd Vs Tottenham, Sat 12th March - 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rashford has been pretty shit for a while. Ronaldo had done nothing for months. Cavani has barely kicked a ball all season and is about 80. Sancho has come into a bit of form but it wasn't long ago United fans we're saying he's one of their worst signings ever.
That is a very negative spin, but since we just lost to my least favourite team of all time, I'll extend some sympathy.

There, there. It will get better soon.

:contesmell:

United fans will be looking at that performance and thinking they played terribly, but some of ours look at it and think we did well and were just unlucky. That's the difference in mentality, a group of fans who are used to consistency and delivering vs a group of fans used to a team winning one week and losing the next.

Our fans accept second best and just giving it a good go.

I'm actually concerned for anyone that thought we played anything close to well today. We were abysmal from back to front for the majority of the game against a side going nowhere.

The football isn't "on a par with Nuno". We played exciting attacking footbalI today, we deserved a point and didn't get it. It happened loads under Burkenshaw and Shreeves who were great managers. It happended under Bill before my time. It's happened throughout the 50 years I've supported Spurs. It will happen when we get Graham Potter in, and people will whine online about it

Seems like you're approaching this result in isolation vs a consistent theme of this team doing well one week and throwing away results the next. Had we been on a run and then this game happened, nobody would be melting. But instead we're here having lost to Middlesbrough, Burnley, Wolves and Southampton.

Defeats now and then are expected, it's football. But this team wins one and loses one, and it's not good enough at all. Conte certainly won't be close to happy about it, so why should the fans?

The football isn't "on a par with Nuno". We played exciting attacking footbalI today, we deserved a point and didn't get it. It happened loads under Burkenshaw and Shreeves who were great managers. It happended under Bill before my time. It's happened throughout the 50 years I've supported Spurs.

It will happen when we get Graham Potter in, and people will whine online about it.
Completely disagree. That was the most lethargic football game I've ever seen. Both clubs are at an impasse. It wasn't exciting. It was a match full of personal errors on and off the ball.

Roy Keane was spot on. The team looked scared to take it to United. At 1-1 and 2-2 the belief looked worse. This was the point Kane and Son should have won the game. Even Watford managed to get a draw there last. Have Burnley won a home game since they won 1-0 against us??

I hope people on here don't get too depressed about the outcome- this was always going to be an extremely difficult one to get a result in. Rangnick picked a great team to combat us with, and even though some of his players waned in effectiveness, it was still enough to see off our very unbalanced squad.

Doherty really fell back to earth in this one- really awful technical execution almost every time. We simply don't deserve to win against top tier XIs if we start talent like this. It hurts a lot now, but at least this is something we can fairly easily fix in the summer.

Conte made a bad substitution taking off Deki instead of Son for Moura. Even though Son is much more a playmaker than Moura, he's still not all that much of a playmaker, and we appeared to miss Deki's nous and composure almost immediately. Moura and Son are more like-for-like as willing runners. I hope Conte learned something about Moura today.

Ronaldo is Ronaldo, but I'm still disappointed we gave up a third to him on a such a weak set piece. Not marking, or letting Doherty mark (not sure which), one of the all time greats and also probably still the player with the highest vertical leap in the league, is absolutely, pathetically idiotic. If I'm Kane or Dier, there's no way in fucking hell Ronaldo goes unmarked in a set piece in the last 15 minutes of the game! I really don't know what the eff we were thinking, but the whole team + Conte completely failed in allowing that to happen. If you're not the fastest or the best, you can at least play smart, and and so many occasions like this, we simply fail to try and create situations with the highest probability of success.

Anyways... the team needs time to become more well coached, and also another transfer window to fix some obvious and terrible holes (Doherty, Winks, etc). Until then, yep- we're going to struggle against better and better-focused talent. We shouldn't get too upset though- it's spurs, and we all know should know whats going on by now- expect for bad shit to happen, "lads its tottenham", "dr tottenham", etc.

For now I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do this summer and next season.

Last edited:
Think he was blowing through his arse a bit, but still, he could have stayed on a bit longer as he was the only one who was looking like he could make something happen.
Maura and Stevie need to be brought on earlier,when the opposition begin to flag and they are both fresh legs and lively

Seems like you're approaching this result in isolation vs a consistent theme of this team doing well one week and throwing away results the next. Had we been on a run and then this game happened, nobody would be melting. But instead we're here having lost to Middlesbrough, Burnley, Wolves and Southampton.

Defeats now and then are expected, it's football. But this team wins one and loses one, and it's not good enough at all. Conte certainly won't be close to happy about it, so why should the fans?
It's ok he's in the top 5 managers of world football. He hates cups but loves winning leagues though

Yeah, I understand that and agree, I just don't want to get suicidal about it.

Or think that people's "change x for y", "change abc for def" will change my Tottenham Hotspur experience

Last edited:

This Be The Spurs​

BY PHILIP LARKIN
They fuck you up, your Tottenham Hotspur football club.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the results they had...
And add some extra time moments, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn
By fools in old-style flat caps and butchers coats,
Who at half time were soppy-stern
And the second half at one another’s throats.

Fan hands on misery to fan.
It deepens like a coastal shelf side
Get out as early as you can,
And don’t have any Spurs fans yourself.

I hope people on here don't get too depressed about the outcome- this was always going to be an extremely difficult one to get a result in. Rangnick picked a great team to combat us with, and even though some of his players waned in effectiveness, it was still enough to see off our very unbalanced squad.

Doherty really fell back to earth in this one- really awful technical execution almost every time. We simply don't deserve to win against top tier XIs if we start talent like this. It hurts a lot now, but at least this is something we can fairly easily fix in the summer.

Conte made a bad substitution taking off Deki instead of Son for Moura. Even though Son is much more a playmaker than Moura, he's still not all that much of a playmaker, and we appeared to miss Deki's nous and composure almost immediately. Moura and Son more like-for-like as willing runners. I hope Conte learned something about Moura today.

Ronaldo is Ronaldo, but I'm still disappointed we gave up a third to him on a such a weak set piece. Not marking, or letting Doherty mark (not sure which), one of the all time greats and also probably still the player with the highest vertical leap in the league, is absolutely, pathetically idiotic. If I'm Kane or Dier, there's no way in fucking hell Ronaldo goes unmarked in a set piece in the last 15 minutes of the game! I really don't know what the eff we were thinking, but the whole team + Conte completely failed in allowing that to happen. If you're not the fastest or the best, you can at least play smart, and and so many occasions like this, we simply fail to try and create situations with the highest probability of success.

Anyways... the team needs time to become more well coached, and also another transfer window to fix some obvious and terrible holes (Doherty, Winks, etc). Until then, yep- we're going to struggle against better and better-focused talent. We shouldn't get too upset though- it's spurs, and we all know should know whats going on by now- expect for bad shit to happen, "lads its tottenham", "dr tottenham", etc.

For now I'm looking forward to seeing what we can do this summer and next season.
Very level headed and generally some really good points made.

After the initial disappointment wears off a bit I don't think we've learned anything new about our team.

Nowhere near good enough in midfield or defence, any by the strength of our bench that isn't going to change this season. I think 6-7th is probably the best this group is capable of realistically so just expect the rest of the season to be more of the same and you won't be too far wrong.

Really hope Conte does stay and gives it at least 1 full season with some big improvements to the first XI in summer. I'm not holding my breath however.

We weren't and aren't "shite". Our players aren't "shite". We lost a closely fought game in which both teams played well and made a load of mistakes and one of the best players in football history made the difference.

Get a fucking grip.

Totally agree , bunch of wank melts on this forum 😂 ..

I thought we played pretty well, wingbacks could’ve been more efficient and Son was poor but all in all we played well. It was a hard fought victory for United who have some serious players in their starting 11 including as you said one of, if not the best finisher in the world

Last edited:
I really disliked Conte taking off Kulu. I thought he was really contributing to our attack only to have Lucas come on and pinball around as we have seen many times before.

The defense is just...my god

And the slow start. By that I mean the sloppiness in transition trying to attack on the break. Spurs struggled throughout the game to work the game plan. Collectivity the team missed yet another opportunity.

Where do we land in the table this year? Just curious

It sucks, but we absolutely deserve no higher than 6th. Losing to some of the recent opposition we've lost to is just inexcusable.

Of course I'm not wishing death on him .. (I think 'rancid old cunt' proves I'm not serious.... You've read the other reactions on here I take it?
Oh fuck it, what's the point? We're allowed to be pissed off, but not TOO pissed off in case it offends someone!

I want our club to be successful, and NOT have a losers mentality... But what or who we have to do to achieve that, I dunno ..

Maybe we just need a Russian Oligarch, or a Saudi Prince who hates gays... and beheads anyone who opposes them...
Maybe THAT'S the winning formula we need!!!

I would rather we fail if it got to that.

No probs mate but words in this day and age need to be contained somewhat.

There is something about this club but it's also the players because many have been damn good.

What everyone needs to understand is that since Bale left (first time) we have had nobody who stands on that pitch, looks at the other players and says follow my fcuking lead, because I am the best player on this pitch.

Tonight Ronaldo looked at our team and simply thought easy. How fcuking right he was.

No Leader equals no chance and United won't have an easier gane than today between now and the end of season.

To be 2 each with a team who had been ridiculed all week and lose is Fcuking disgraceful.

We’ve lost 5 of our last 8 league games. Two of the wins were against relegation contenders Everton and Leeds. Throw in an FA Cup defeat at Middlesbrough as well.

There’s the lone outlier of the win at Citeh, but aside from that our form has been poor for a while now.

They weren't prime until Poch worked with them. Don't you remember Walker and Rose, they were nowhere near top level full backs.Alderweireld was playing for Southampton, Dembele was not the centre midfield monster that he became. Verts was inconsistent and sloppy at times, Kane was a young lad trying to make an impression.

We are building a core youngish group with Tanganga, Emerson, Romero, Reguilon, Sessegnon,Bentancur, Skipp, Pape Sarr, Gil, Kulusevski and I'm sure other young players the club will be targeting in the summer. It's clear this is the direction the club is going and if Conte is not happy with this he will leave and Poch or someone like him will come in who is prepared to work with young players

Agree and disagree.

Just saying we were bulging with jewels, it will take £200M Summer, keep saying.

Facts is ENIC gotta close the naming rights IMO, or a very unhappy Conte Walks, Poch goes Utd (as we promise Conte all summer we'll deliver, so he doesn't hold out), we'll be back to Potter Vs South American we've never heard of by September, with Mason in Temporary Charge = Visionary!!!

Back
Top Bottom