Man Utd Vs Tottenham, Sat 12th March - 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wrong player at utterly the wrong time.

Fell out with coach/structure at Utd. Went away to relax and sulk a week in hot weather full of D.

Misses drubbing, top scorer ever...

Was frankly always set to happen (we just should of scored 4 or 5 and bumrushed them)

Ronaldo has done nothing for weeks and weeks. This was his first good performance for God knows how long. We made him look great. He didn't suddenly roll back the years.
Erm, I think that was my point!
Plenty of other clubs would've found a way to snuff him out.... By hook or by crook... WE decided to help make him look like Vintage Ronaldo!!

Wrong player at utterly the wrong time.

Fell out with coach/structure at Utd. Went away to relax and sulk a week in hot weather full of D.

Misses drubbing, top scorer ever...

Was frankly always set to happen (we just should of scored 4 or 5 and bumrushed them)

More like right club at the right time for Ronaldo.

At least they signed a decent player. We have only one striker, they have few. How can you win a war if you don't have bullets?! Kane is not even a striker these days, he is playing so deep, who is going to score? It's a poor squad.
Kulu's arrival has alleviated a lot of the playmaking/scoring burden on Kane but yea, we simply don't have a good enough CM 2 to not need Kane to drop deep to create. If we had Neves or someone like him, maybe. Its going to be either very tough or expensive for us to solve that problem at this level though.

Are Bents and Kula shit again? I struggle to keep up.

Bentancur will end up a squad player at best. No point winning the ball back if you're constantly giving it away and getting caught on it. But we're that average in the middle of the park no doubt some will delude themselves into thinking he's something he's not.

Sancho is something- problem for us is that United finally figured out it was a good idea to start him. They've been dicking about all season blowing their team selection. Today they picked all the right pieces.

Think he arrived out of shape, looked a slug version of his German league self, even in thought (except flashes). Looks to be getting fitter/sharper/less chunky, good for England I guess. He'll go on a level next year when it's not all about Ronaldo, if he's dedicated.

Not sure I like him that much, as for his insane moments of skill, vision, movements, he is yet to consistently pull it together to boss any games.

Sancho is something- problem for us is that United finally figured out it was a good idea to start him. They've been dicking about all season blowing their team selection. Today they picked all the right pieces.

Sancho will quickly become their best player and talisman. People were surprised that he didn't make an impact right away but despite being English he's almost like a foreign player to the league. It will always take time to adjust from German football to the Premier League. Next season under a competent manager he'll flourish into one of Europe's best.

Are Bents and Kula shit again? I struggle to keep up.
No- they both played pretty well this game. Kulu had a number of super impressive runs fighting through intense physical opposition- I am continually amazed at how strong and tough he is. Kid is a gem imo, a miracle signing for us given how badly we've effed up our xfers lately.

Bentancur makes some mistakes yes, but always is quick to get up and keep running. He looks a lot better than PEH imo. I'm really looking forward to seeing Skipp return to partner him in CM, sometime, maybe, hopefully this season...

United have recently lost at home to Middlesbrough (not away like us) and drew at Old Trafford against Southampton and even Watford for fuck sake. For all this talk about serious players they clearly aren't much of a team and will probably finish 5th at best this season.

The mentality of some Tottenham fans is matched by our players. We're just a club going round and round in circles.

It’s the Premier League mate, big clubs get beat by minnows all the time. I think having some faith in the team and the manager is actually an altogether good attitude to have, it’s the melters who start crying over any loss who need to get bent. Conte hasn’t even had a full season ffs, bunch of jokers in here.

I honestly don't think we're that far off from being top 4- in my estimation we are 1 top RWB and 1 very solid CM away from being very competitive when fully fit.

As long as Kane doesn't leave in the summer (a very big 'If'), Conte would be a bit foolish to leave in my view. Even still, I think we have enough young talent here and on loan to be an attractive, young squad for another upcoming and positive manager in short order.

I also think we're very light on good centre halves considering we play with 3 of them.

Sancho will quickly become their best player and talisman. People were surprised that he didn't make an impact right away but despite being English he's almost like a foreign player to the league. It will always take time to adjust from German football to the Premier League.
He looks super dangerous to me already. Really classy player with fantastic technique. I agree though- appears to be in pole position to lead United next season.

It’s the Premier League mate, big clubs get beat by minnows all the time. I think having some faith in the team and the manager is actually an altogether good attitude to have, it’s the melters who start crying over any loss who need to get bent. Conte hasn’t even had a full season ffs, bunch of jokers in here.

Not writing off Conte. But United are far from a good team. They were there to be beat today and we failed miserably. I just can't believe some people thought we played well. Christ.

You know how kids like to rebel - maybe she'll end up rejecting Spurs for a team that wins. I'd like to pretend it's my plan, but it isn't.

That's how I'm Spurs, Dad was Utd (Died last year, so laughed to the heavens and told him to fuck off, when Ronaldo scored winner), he took us to Utd V Spurs 81 Tony Galvin (though might be muddling up scorer with league win at WHL, which sealed the deal!!!).

Could of been happy tonight!!! Though I am for my Dad!

We didn't seem like we were serious about getting that 2nd goal, and we got it anyway, then we weren't serious about getting the third either.

Back
Top Bottom