Man Utd Vs Tottenham, Sat 12th March - 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This Be The Spurs​

BY PHILIP LARKIN
They fuck you up, your Tottenham Hotspur football club.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the results they had...
And add some extra time moments, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn
By fools in old-style flat caps and butchers coats,
Who at half time were soppy-stern
And the second half at one another’s throats.

Fan hands on misery to fan.
It deepens like a coastal shelf side
Get out as early as you can,
And don’t have any Spurs fans yourself.
And yet Larkin's amazing poem was about his - our - parents, who despite it all we love with all our hearts, hopefully, or at least one of them.

I've said repeatedly, I don't support Spurs to Win Things, it'd be lovely but it's not the be all and end all and never has been.

Totally agree , bunch of wank melts on this forum 😂 ..

I thought we played pretty well, wingbacks could’ve been more efficient and Son was poor but all in all we played well. It was a hard fought victory for United who have some serious players in their starting 11 including as you said one of, if not the best finishers in the world

United have recently lost at home to Middlesbrough (not away like us) and drew at Old Trafford against Southampton and even Watford for fuck sake. For all this talk about serious players they clearly aren't much of a team and will probably finish 5th at best this season.

The mentality of some Tottenham fans is matched by our players. We're just a club going round and round in circles.

Maura and Stevie need to be brought on earlier,when the opposition begin to flag and they are both fresh legs and lively

Brought on to do what?

They have repeatedly shown they do nothing and offer almost nothing when it comes to goals or even creating chances.

United brought on Cavani and we are talking about Berwijn and Moura. That says what the problem was not what time they came on.

We weren't and aren't "shite". Our players aren't "shite". We lost a closely fought game in which both teams played well and made a load of mistakes and one of the best players in football history made the difference.

Get a fucking grip.
That's part of the problem... Certain other teams would've snuffed him out, at all costs. Why couldn't he have broken his record against the NEXT team Utd played..... ? Why did it so OBVIOUSLY have to be against us?

I don't think anyone can genuinely say any of our players played well other than Kulusevski. We're an average team with a couple of top players that can sometimes make us look a little better than we actually are, before we're all quickly brought crashing back down to earth.

Let's not pretend United are actually a good team either. They're decent but like us rely on individuals. Any good sides put them to the sword.

And we most certainly didn't play well in any shape or form after the first bit of the game.
Which brings me back (ironically) to the point above...
WE have to rely on Kane... Utd get to rely on Ronaldo!

THERE'S the difference!

Really hope Conte does stay and gives it at least 1 full season with some big improvements to the first XI in summer. I'm not holding my breath however.

I honestly don't think we're that far off from being top 4- in my estimation we are 1 top RWB and 1 very solid CM away from being very competitive when fully fit.

As long as Kane doesn't leave in the summer (a very big 'If'), Conte would be a bit foolish to leave in my view. Even still, I think we have enough young talent here and on loan to be an attractive, young squad for another upcoming and positive manager in short order.

This Be The Spurs​

BY PHILIP LARKIN
They fuck you up, your Tottenham Hotspur football club.
They may not mean to, but they do.
They fill you with the results they had...
And add some extra time moments, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn
By fools in old-style flat caps and butchers coats,
Who at half time were soppy-stern
And the second half at one another’s throats.

Fan hands on misery to fan.
It deepens like a coastal shelf side
Get out as early as you can,
And don’t have any Spurs fans yourself.
My granddaughter goes to her first game next month - it's my birthday gift to her.

giphy.gif

And yet Larkin's amazing poem was about his - our - parents, who despite it all we love with all our hearts, hopefully, or at least one of them.

I've said repeatedly, I don't support Spurs to Win Things, it'd be lovely but it's not the be all and end all and never has been.

We are at a particularly frustrating moment though eh!

Conte told the Italian press, those deals wouldn't cut fighting for top 4 (probably FA Cup, the way he wasn't out touchline barking and directing).

The inner bile is building bad...

That's part of the problem... Certain other teams would've snuffed him out, at all costs. Why couldn't he have broken his record against the NEXT team Utd played..... ? Why did it so OBVIOUSLY have to be against us?

Which brings me back (ironically) to the point above...
WE have to rely on Kane... Utd get to rely on Ronaldo!

THERE'S the difference!

Ronaldo has done nothing for weeks and weeks. This was his first good performance for God knows how long. We made him look great. He didn't suddenly roll back the years.

Take Ronaldo out their team and they are nothing
At least they signed a decent player. We have only one striker, they have few. How can you win a war if you don't have bullets?! Kane is not even a striker these days, he is playing so deep, who is going to score? It's a poor squad.

Back
Top Bottom