Man Utd Vs Tottenham, Sat 12th March - 5:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After watching the game yesterday, I think what we really need are a couple players with real alpha/winning mentality that our players can look up to. Every single one of our players (including Kane/Son) have such a weak mentality, that when faced with a real challenge or obstacle, we just bend over and take it. I'm sure not winning anything for years has something to do with it, but it also doesn't help that we just don't have many leaders on this team.

Obvious lack of quality, weak mentality and inconsistency with us atm. I actually think conte likes tottenham and the challenge. Levy needs to back him in summer. If not he has to go. Cant go on any longer under his stewardship being a nearly team. Surely the loyal levy lovers must admit levy has to back or be sacked.
Can he be sacked..?

After watching the game yesterday, I think what we really need are a couple players with real alpha/winning mentality that our players can look up to. Every single one of our players (including Kane/Son) have such a weak mentality, that when faced with a real challenge or obstacle, we just bend over and take it. I'm sure not winning anything for years has something to do with it, but it also doesn't help that we just don't have many leaders on this team.
We need a couple of leaders in the team 1 being a central defender and 1 central midfield.

CR beat us, the rest of his team didn't have much to offer. They were above us in the league,was our performance all that bad? We've got to believe, our travelling fans magnificent as usual, putting money where mouth is. Ah well, my second team Brentford won
And we should be looking at Christian and Toney for next season.

Correct. No leaders

If you fail to mark Ronaldo- the very likeliest player to score on the whole friggin pitch- you can't say you're a better team, and deserve what you get.
Why didn't we put our best header of a ball directly on Ronaldo??

Kane was in no mans land when he would have been better in the centre of the goal

Nobody was marking Ronaldo that was the problem
Bang on. Its the basics of defending really. He is a great player we all know that but his first goal, someone should be closing him down instead of backing off him and letting him have a shot, and the header... he is totally unmarked.

How can you leave the greatest player in the world that much space to work?

I see Tom Brady has de-retired himself. That’s what watching the mighty Tottenham Hotspur in the flesh can do to the competitive juices.

It’s not like me to be positive but I didn’t think we were that bad. I thought second half we absolutely penned them in. We dominated them. I can’t believe we lost. We didn’t deserve that

I think a few on here are more upset about this sodding fourth place which we were never in the run for, and its clouded a little bit of judgement .

I’m confident after what I saw last night we could certainly grab 5th or 6th. As long as we don’t finish 7th is the main objective . But all in all I thought we played well

So we lost that, so we should beat Brighton now by our form pattern
I agree with that.
The only real difference was they had a very good performance from a world class player.

Bang on. Its the basics of defending really. He is a great player we all know that but his first goal, someone should be closing him down instead of backing off him and letting him have a shot, and the header... he is totally unmarked.

Romero was marking him. Seems to be his weakness.....set pieces.

Why didn't we put our best header of a ball directly on Ronaldo??

Kane was in no mans land when he would have been better in the centre of the goal

If I'm Harry Kane or Eric Dier, I don't let anyone else take the chance of fucking up an opportunity to mark Ronaldo- which of course they did, and is the problem.

When you're a top, top player, you look to positively influence your success probability % in the game in as many ways as possible, and take it upon yourself to help prevent errors in others and the team generally.

I've not really criticized him before but what is Conte actually doing with our defending become it seems to be going backwards the standard of it.

I've not really criticized him before but what is Conte actually doing with our defending become it seems to be going backwards the standard of it.
Lets be honest apart from Romero, who is decent, but still having some shaky moments, we have not really strengthened defensively have we..

We will make the same mistakes as long as those same players are at the back unfortunately and because of this, Conte needs to be backed this summer.

:contehandshead:

Back
Top Bottom