Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely gutted about Doherty's injury. He's improved so much recently and that's a massive credit to him.

That's what happens though when a manager sends his team out to basically smash the opposition. Three bad tackles in that game starting with Cash, Mings and then Ashley Young.

These refs are clueless. They'll book a player for a soft foul like Hojberg did, then let go tackles like the ones mentioned above where only Young got booked when if anything that should have been a sending off. The Mings and Cash ones were out of control.
You missed the one by Ings on Regulon and he should of picked up a second yellow for the clumsy foul in the box against Hojberg

Doherty must be gutted. Such terrible timing for this injury. At this stage of his career having so recently cemented himself a place in the side, by the time he's next fit to play we could have a newly signed shoe in replacement. Could be a career defining moment for him but it is what it is.

We should be OK. Rather than Emerson I would rather see Bergwijn get in the side against Brighton, even if we stick Kulu rwb with Berg ahead.
Agree with all that

It’s not just the lack of assists, it’s worse than that…. He simply never gets the ball forward quickly into the feet of Kane or space ahead of Son. He stifles any form of style and flow across the whole attack. We’ve seen the benefit of releasing them early since he’s been binned and we are averaging over 3 goals per game without him. Good riddance
Agree. I was a Lucas supporter because for much of the last 2 years he was one of the few putting a shift in and was our only spark in a lot of games.

Kulu coming in has really taken us to another level though and it's probably the right time to cash in and upgrade Lucas with a better option who can challenge the front 3.

Sadly I think we will ship out Bergwijn this summer and I don't see us selling both.

I hate Cash :dembelefingers:

To be honest, it feels you have to respect Villa, they threw it all at us, it wasn’t intentionally nasty, but that one was too much.

Think if they didn’t try to batter us, we’d have found those second half spaces, first half.

FFS! :(

Through adversity comes innovation.

Initiate The Bergwijn Experiment please, Papa Tony. :contepray:

Think it’s Bergwijn, possibly his hamstrings, which is the resisting variable in this plan…

Think if fit and willling he could be devastating, but defending a Chris Wood, or similar???

Think he might have different ideas, like preserving his longevity as an attacker…

Interesting I'm sure. But what's it got to do with Matt Doherty?
season 1 revenge GIF by NBC

Fuck Gerard and his over aggressive tactics, fuck the limp wristed, weak as piss water ref Scott who should have sent off cash, mings and young for out of control tackles.

Fuck Gerard and his over aggressive tactics, fuck the limp wristed, weak as piss water ref Scott who should have sent off cash, mings and young for out of control tackles.

Mate, we’ve done exactly the same to teams our technical superior, for decades.

The ref should have given them a couple more yellows, maybe call their captain in to ask him to tell them to calm. But, it wasn’t as bad as we have been, and, we loved it, as it showed “you gotta first withstand our fight”…

Expect it a lot next season, as we look a bit machine, other teams won’t just let us muller them…

Was wondering why Conte felt Doherty could play LWB, during the commentating they mentioned he played a full season in the Championship with Wolves in that position.

Didn't know that and now makes more sense why he's able to.

I'm surprised more hasn't been made of Villa assaulting our players in light of this.
At one point, Reguillon got cut down and a Villa player dragged him to his feet. After the amount of vicious fouls they put in, how dare he suggest Reguillon was ok and should just get up and carry on?
Who else are Villa going to put out for the rest of the season?

It's not like they're even playing Woolwich, West Ham or United and could do us a favour!

I recall sessegnon playing RB earlier in the season and it wasn’t very good - however neither were we as a team. It might work better now and play to sessegnons lack of pace as he’d be cutting in rather than trying to beat his man on outside.
Pre season we played that patskotsi guy - don’t know what’s happened to him though

I'm surprised more hasn't been made of Villa assaulting our players in light of this.
At one point, Reguillon got cut down and a Villa player dragged him to his feet. After the amount of vicious fouls they put in, how dare he suggest Reguillon was ok and should just get up and carry on?
Who else are Villa going to put out for the rest of the season?

It's not like they're even playing Woolwich, West Ham or United and could do us a favour!

Same thing happened to Saka when Woolwich played Villa last month, albeit not as severe as Doherty but he was forced off during the game

“Bukayo Saka revealed he is nursing a bloody ankle and accused Aston Villa’s players of deliberately trying to injure him during Woolwich’s 1-0 win on Saturday.”

The ref should have given them a couple more yellows, maybe call their captain in to ask him to tell them to calm. But, it wasn’t as bad as we have been, and, we loved it, as it showed “you gotta first withstand our fight”…

Expect it a lot next season, as we look a bit machine, other teams won’t just let us muller them…
If it's out if control it's a red.. theres no leeway...
Whataboutary....is just shifting the narrative... that cash tackle was out of control, it endangered the players safety and it wasnt even the worse tackle...Youngs was a stonewall red. Graham Scott is the weakest ref in the premier league

Sorry, what we saw in that game was NOT typical Spurs... Not by a long shot.

I thought the Young and Mings challenges were much more disgusting and red worthy than Cash’s. The former two should have been reds while Cash should have been booked.

The Mings challenge in particular looked like a leg breaker. Cash at least won the ball first and was just out of control while doing it.

Back
Top Bottom