Brighton (H) - Saturday (16th April) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Actually... arse losing just makes it worse!

Woulda Coulda Shoulda FC!
What was your reaction at spurs full time..then what was it at Southampton Woolwich full time. That says it all. It could have been worse...United closing us didn't help but hopefully Liverpool and Chelsea respectively help us mid week

He won the title at Chelsea (over us, which I'm still not quite ready to get over) where he faced a lot of teams playing compact and deep. I wouldn't say he's unable to come up with a plan, more likely we're simply lacking in the skill to execute the plan.
His plan at the Chavs was I have all the best players though, same as Juve, same as Inter.

Its why his CL record is so grim.

Not really. Its just a reminder that we still have these Mourinho/Nuno non performances in us. Wolves, Burnley, Southampton to an extent. Dreadful first half against Villa and again lacklustre first half against Newcastle. No one expects perefection but its a concern that when we're not on it we can lose to absolutely anyone home or away.
I remember when I said all this stuff after the villa game everyone got their knickers in a twist.

Craig Pawson also favoured Brighton today, gave them most of the little calls. Like come on, a yellow and two warnings for a single player, without sending them off. When was the last time that ever happened?

Last week when Scott didn't book or send off Villa players. It was a disgrace today again, not that we deserved anything from the game.

You describe Royal as a 'pointless excuse for a footballer'. I wouldn't rate him that highly.
Lol. But why...
Why why why why does Conte pick him. Sess is right footed I believe and could play there but not even that is a requirement when you look at how bad royal and even winks is. Surely eriksen and bale on a free look even more obvious.

Couldn't watch the game earlier. Halfway through now.

The game itself has been a tactical stalemate. We know Brighton are a pretty well coached team, Potter had them in a 352(CM3) which pretty much closed off our WB's - closed off both teams WB's effectively - and outnumbered and stifled our easy to stifle midfield two.

I don’t want to give Brighton any credit for our display , mid table team doing what a well organised mid table team do , we as a team just didn’t turn up and do anything to win this game ,maybe giving players time off at such an important part of the season just didn’t work , I just want to put this down as a bad day at the office and a wake up call , maybe I’m delusional but fuck that , COYS

Last edited:
Why not just congratulate Brighton? In two successive weekends they have gone away to the 4th and 5th place clubs and won both times. Yes we played shit but even if we had played well it would have been a tight game. There is very little difference between us and the scum so if Brighton beat them why is it such a shock that they beat us
Because last week some thought we can win the league.

67 minutes in. Commentator "Potter will be thinking we've had enough of the ball to be leading here" (at that point it was 50.5/49.5 to us, and neither team has had a credible chance).

I mean, it's been a close, tight game with no real chances, but to say Potter would be thinking they've done enough to be leading is a fucking bollock stretch.

Last edited:
Didn’t see second half but ffs Conte has a blind spot with Berwijn…. He might see his best position as central forward but surely still a better fit on the right than Lucas. Disappointing he got just two mins and Winks and Lucas came on much earlier

Because last week some thought we can win the league.
No one with a brain thought that. Some thought that we might be the 4th best team in the EPL this year, which would be a pretty good achievement under the circumstances, and one which is very much still a possibility. But to do it, we will need some support from the fans, instead of everyone melting as soon as we lose one match (despite not losing one for ages).

How so.... ?
They fell over from the 5th minute to when they scored...

Their disgusting anti-football tactics won the game against our soft centered pussies who couldn't break them down... That's on US....
But the dark arts falling over from 5 minutes on was nothing short of cheating...

Yet Potter and his beard will somehow be lorded as some football genius cos they did it against us...

I want that neanderthal nowhere near our club if that's the kind of football he's gonna bring!

I'd rather eat my own shit on toast?
Don´t forget to tape it...........please!!

:contethumb:

Not really. After the last 4 games and to have this game at home. You'd expect some urgency and effort surely. I do think maybe we need to use lucus and bergwyn to start (one or maybe even both) or to come on earlier. Kane and son play 90mons of every game and it's going to take it's toll

As another poster said try Berg as a WB

He’s strong athletic etc

Has to be a better option than either of the two we had out today

Didn’t see second half but ffs Conte has a blind spot with Berwijn…. He might see his best position as central forward but surely still a better fit on the right than Lucas. Disappointing he got just two mins and Winks and Lucas came on much earlier

He sees him as a striker and I don’t think that he’s got either the technique or the bottle for it

That miss late on was a shocker and I don’t care if it was a volley
You have to hit the target from there and give their keeper a save to make

Strange, dull game. We could barely string any passes together. Brighton were well organised and pressed well but it wasn't exactly a vintage performance from them.
I feel like Conte should have put an extra player in midfield in the second half - we could not anything going through midfield.
Our wing backs were a complete joke. I can't remember a single cross from them.
Somehow Woolwich did not capitalise.
The way we lost is the worrying part. I never felt like we could score.
Please no Winks even as a sub.

Back
Top Bottom