Brentford vs Tottenham Hotspur. Saturday the 23rd of April at 17:30 PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For me this is a key game for us They will long throw balls in the box. A glorified stoke style team. Good result west ham drawing at home to Burnley btw. They're style of football. Dogs of war shit toe to toe.

For me this is a key game for us They will long throw balls in the box. A glorified stoke style team. Good result west ham drawing at home to Burnley btw. They're style of football. Dogs of war shit toe to toe.
How much Brentford do you watch?

From what I've seen they're very much in the mould of Brighton, Southampton, Palace etc. they like to press, have possession, and a bit of physicality. I can definitely see them outpassing us, victory is contigent on them missing sitters and us being devastating in our 4/5 good chances.

You'd expect a reaction after Brighton but god knows. Brentford have momentum, work very hard as a team, are dangerous on set pieces and they're very tactically aware which lets them punch above their weight. So a lot of components there we tend to struggle against.

But yeah .. only a fool would predict this one.
Shouldn’t we be all of the above as well with our super coach?

Shouldn’t we be all of the above as well with our super coach?

He has us 3rd in the form table since he took over and we're the top scorers in the whole league through 2022. Game vs Brighton was an awful performance but we've clearly seen what having a 'super coach' can do vs being managed by a Nuno.

I think a lot on here were putting this one down as a banker win a week or two ago .Obviously we must target the win but my confidence has been dented a bit after yesterday so a big improvement needed .

I think a lot on here were putting this one down as a banker win a week or two ago .Obviously we must target the win but my confidence has been dented a bit after yesterday so a big improvement needed .

Plenty of games to play yet.

What we are seeing is a league with two incredible teams with long term managers who have a specific way of playing, then Chelsea a team with serous money and a good manager and below them a lot of average teams of which we are currently the best. But it’s very close.

I do wonder about the mental strength of this set of players. Lot of youth and lack of experience - senior players need to step up

How much Brentford do you watch?

From what I've seen they're very much in the mould of Brighton, Southampton, Palace etc. they like to press, have possession, and a bit of physicality. I can definitely see them outpassing us, victory is contigent on them missing sitters and us being devastating in our 4/5 good chances.
Tbh that's cautious thinking. Nothing wrong with that but really tottenham have to be more positive. Have you read poch book? We were playing teams like QPR and poch was stunned by mentality as there was caution as harry Redknapp was returning as qpr boss. Even poch said come on? Weak mentality at club and that was proven yesterday. Conte knows it as well imo. Key game Saturday imo. Strong mentality we blow them away. Get the 3 points and job done.

Does the tempo of Kane’s play dictate the other’s style of play each game?
If so, then his jet lag might have been the reason they were strolling around the park 😤
Are you saying

You gotta speed it up
Then you gotta slow it down
’cause if you believe that our team can hit the top
you’re going to get let down

Little known fact Cheryl Baker’s real name is Rita Crudgington

Are you saying

You gotta speed it up

No, I’m not expecting us to hit the top with this team, of course I hope 🤞🏽
But, I just believe that we’ve played relatively well for the month or so 😃 down to what we saw yesterday 😱
The only reasons that I can think of are …
1, Spurs are cursed, especially when we’re nearly getting to win something special.
2, Levi doesn’t want us to win anything special, because it’ll cost more £££
3, Sky is controlling the results to make the Spurs vs Goons match more profitable ££
4, It depends on what / how Kane is feeling 🤔

No, I’m not expecting us to hit the top with this team, of course I hope 🤞🏽
But, I just believe that we’ve played relatively well for the month or so 😃 down to what we saw yesterday 😱
The only reasons that I can think of are …
1, Spurs are cursed, especially when we’re nearly getting to win something special.
2, Levi doesn’t want us to win anything special, because it’ll cost more £££
3, Sky is controlling the results to make the Spurs vs Goons match more profitable ££
4, It depends on what / how Kane is feeling 🤔
Surely time you were making your mind up

Apologies TFC members for being so juvenile

Are you saying

You gotta speed it up

Bloody hell she's almost 70! How time flies.

Still would.

Bloody hell she's almost 70! How time flies.

Still would.
How do you think I know her real name is Rita Crudgington

In the interest of not being a liar , or being terribly caddish I have to admit I have never met Rita / Cheryl . I used to work with a guy who went to school with her who told me her real name.

Back
Top Bottom