The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s hard to see united getting anything from the Liverpool game. They don’t have any fight in them and I can’t see Liverpool taking the foot off.
If they won't, we won't either!
The Liverpool games kinda cancel themselves out if both us AND Utd lose them!

We got absolutely spanked 5-1 to a 10 man Newcastle side who were already relegated…

It doesn’t matter what teams have left to play for, we will make it as hard as possible for ourselves
Probably our worst performance under Poch

Our season was over then. The title had gone and the team were exhausted. Like it or not second or third didn’t really matter…. They were all out focused on the title

Perhaps but still an unacceptable disgraceful performance

I think if we beat Brentford we will get top 4. It’s just that the performance against Brighton was so bad it makes you wonder if we will even win another game.

Just when you think you can trust these players to do their work properly they decide to down tools.

Even a point against Brighton would look good now

See the irony of your post?

You pronounce with confidence that United won't lay a glove on a Liverpool team despite having some real talent. (By the way what's happened recently to Sancho, not that I really care?) and yet here you are worrying about Toney.

I hope you are right on the former and unduly concerned on the latter.
I never said that United wouldn't lay a glove on Liverpool admittedly I was writing on the tube and I'm rubbish on mobile phones(big hands)...I just can't see them getting a result or Woolwich at Chavs. I would be worried about Ivan Toney exploiting our fragility on set peices.

United have confirmed Ronaldo will not play tonight (understandable).

To be honest I don’t think they stood a chance even if he played.

I very selfishly hope he is refreshed and willing to play on sat!

Thankfully we were the third Spursiest team last weekend.

All scousers tonight I take it?
Oprah Winfrey Reaction GIF

Such a big week for us this week. Hopefully man U get cuffed tonight and Chelsea hammer the arse tomorrow before they engage in an ill tempered draw with lots of injuries and red cards before we put six by the Bees on Saturday

Let's face it..... The NLD is for 4th place.

Whowever wins it gets top 4......you could argue a draw would be OK for us but not Woolwich.

A loss, well........ A loss although unthinkable, is by no means impossible.

I've lost count of how many times we've come up against them when they're seemingly down and out and in terrible form.... Only for them to turn into peak Barcelona.

We need to channel the same level of performance as 1991 when, against most of the odds, we blew them away in the first 30 minutes.
It comes down to the NLD. A draw might be ok for us

I’ll assume a win will be

But even a loss ‘might not be impossible’

So it all comes down to the NLD where according to you none of the outcomes have a decisive bearing

Top post fella

Let's face it..... The NLD is for 4th place.

Whowever wins it gets top 4......you could argue a draw would be OK for us but not Woolwich.

A loss, well........ A loss although unthinkable, is by no means impossible.

I've lost count of how many times we've come up against them when they're seemingly down and out and in terrible form.... Only for them to turn into peak Barcelona.

We need to channel the same level of performance as 1991 when, against most of the odds, we blew them away in the first 30 minutes.
Not true, they could easily lose 3 out the next 4 and we could win 2 from 3 - which means we could lose NLD and still just need to win the last 2

It comes down to the NLD. A draw might be ok for us

I’ll assume a win will be

But even a loss ‘might not be impossible’

So it all comes down to the NLD where according to you none of the outcomes have a decisive bearing

Top post fella
It won't. IF we win our next 2, NLD is not crucial at the slightest. We'll still beat the scum though, I can bet my life on it. We're better than them.

Back
Top Bottom