The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes we lost to Brighton in a gutless display. And yes Woolwich just beat Chelsea at Stafford Bridge. But can we not have a meltdown?

A lot of you are forgetting that after we lost to Brighton, Woolwich bottled it (not for the first time this season) against Southampton who had just lost 6-0 to Chelsea. And before that, who did Woolwich lose to? Oh yeah, that was the same Brighton team that we lost to.

It's going to be agonising for it to be so close between us and Woolwich but any of us would have taken this before the international break ended. It's not perfect but neither are Spurs. All we can do is support our team and hope they can do us proud.

if only our players turned up and gave a shit on Saturday, we would be chasing down third and not looking over our shoulders…

This is ridiculous. Really, Chelsea have shaped our season in a really horrible way, schooled us three times and then that performance tonight. Jesus wept.

With our usual humping at Anfield still to come, it looks like 5 wins from 6 is absolutely necessary now. Pressure. We are good at pressure ain’t we ! Fuck sake.

Best thing we can all do is stop expecting “favours” in other games.

Play well, pick up plenty of points and we’ll get top 4. It’s in our hands, up to us to make it happen.

Fuck what Woolwich or Utd do.
Exactly, fuck hoping cunts like Chelsea and united can help us. Can’t believe they both took 12 points off us. Fucking hate them

You are deluded if you think Chelsea match fixed. Yes, they were awful and sketchy, but everyone has their off days, like we did against Brighton.

Everything is still in our hands, we need to create success, not depend on others to create success for us. COYS.

A lot of you are forgetting that after we lost to Brighton, Woolwich bottled it (not for the first time this season) against Southampton who had just lost 6-0 to Chelsea. And before that, who did Woolwich lose to? Oh yeah, that was the same Brighton team that we lost to.
I don't care who Woolwich bottle it against, I care about OUR team bottling it.

You are deluded if you think Chelsea match fixed. Yes, they were awful and sketchy, but everyone has their off days, like we did against Brighton.

Everything is still in our hands, we need to create success, not depend on others to create success for us. COYS.
Not exactly fixed , but they rested key players and the rest played shite.

Yes we lost to Brighton in a gutless display. And yes Woolwich just beat Chelsea at Stafford Bridge. But can we not have a meltdown?

It's going to be agonising for it to be so close between us and Woolwich but any of us would have taken this before the international break ended. It's not perfect but neither are Spurs. All we can do is support our team and hope they can do us proud.

Too fcuking rational for my liking!

Good post.

But the essence of fanship is irrationale and excess of emotional outpouring.

Trying to keep positive , we would have been dreaming of being in this position a few months ago . Let’s just hope the players give every ounce of effort and commitment and we can still do this . All our rivals are going to drop points , let’s make sure we drop fewer ! COYS

Has it been confirmed that Ronaldo will be back? I wouldn’t be surprised if he is still not back given the enormity of his loss.

I suspect, he doesn't function like normal people, so to the contrary I would be really surprised if he doesn't play. In fact, it wouldn't be at all surprised if he would have played yesterday if it was up to him, but he was advised that it would be a weird and bad look.

if only our players turned up and gave a shit on Saturday, we would be chasing down third and not looking over our shoulders…
If we turned up, Chelsea would have turned up against the scum too for fear of their own position.

Double fuck up.

West Ham probably going to rest players with European game in mind…. But Woolwich have to go up to Newcastle who are trying to get a top half finish…
It’s all too hard to predict…..😩😩😩

I do think the mutant that is CR7 is going to play his skin off this weekend against Woolwich in light of recent events, he’s just that type of player that will probably find some fire from the unfortunate events with his family.

Back
Top Bottom