Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we could do a lot better with different owners. I understand if you believe the last few years that enic have taken us as far as possible. But I think we could have done much better. Just difference of opinions. This is peak spurs to you. To me we are underperforming under these owners.

Where did I suggest or even intimate this is peak Spurs?

My point in direct reference to your post was the rationale behind effectively blaming ENI C for now being behind Woolwich.

We are either in need of a change of ownership or we aren't. It can't change on each set of bad results or it's just reactionary.

Gave up after your first paragraph after yet another strawman argument. You just make up something I said so you can argue against it.
Show me my post where I said any team can just spend money & win the league?!
You made that up. & so far every interaction with you has been you using silly logic or making up stuff to argue against.
So in fact, don’t bother. Easier to put you on ignore then repeatedly say “I never said that” over & over again! Life’s too short!
You just aren’t listening to what I am saying & just putting words in my mouth so it’s a pointless debate. Enjoy your day anyway

Being pedantic just as an excuse to ignore the rest of my post shows you're not willing to be open-minded about the discussion. You didn't say those exact words but you did imply that had our owners been more ambitious (which means spending more money) then we would have been more successful (which generally means winning league titles). You're not looking to discuss this in an open-minded way and that's fine.

Yet in the 'real world' there are only about 10 or 12 people who actually protest Levy/ENIC out.
This thread is just a microcosm of Twitter; an echo chamber of a few people relentlessly telling each other they are right and shooting down any opinion other than theirs (please note the correct spelling - 2 anti-ENIC posters have got this wrong in the last few pages). It's funny that during the last few general elections everything 'trending' on Twitter points to a massive labour landslide but the reality is the complete opposite.

I think rational people understand that Levy has made a lot of mistakes but also appreciate where we are now relative to the 90s and noughties. As for Scott saying he thinks we are underperforming under this ownership, underperforming compared to what? The 14th placed finishes that we all loved before that?

Where did I suggest or even intimate this is peak Spurs?

My point in direct reference to your post was the rationale behind effectively blaming ENI C for now being behind Woolwich.

We are either in need of a change of ownership or we aren't. It can't change on each set of bad results or it's just reactionary.
What do you mean? I have been consistent in saying we need to change owners for the last few years. I Never said we need to keep them.

Oh, that’s good you think we aren’t anywhere near peak spurs. Hence me wanting owners who will get us closer to peak spurs, rather than sticking with ones we both agree aren’t getting us anywhere near that. It sounded like you wanted to keep owners who you agree aren’t getting anywhere near the best out of us. Personally, I want them gone & to move forward even if we get 4th by default!

Agreed. Just a league cup in over 20 years is clearly a failure & underperforming for a club of our size.
How you can say that it is successful is crazy to me.
But then these levy/enic defenders would happily support & defend them if we won nothing for another 50 years.
So they have dead low standards for us.
They would be satisfied with whatever enic/levy do. Super league, move to the east end of London, no signings etc.
Plenty of disagrees for me tonight , the wagons are circling to defend Levy as per usual

Yet in the 'real world' there are only about 10 or 12 people who actually protest Levy/ENIC out.
This is actually true , I would like them to sell up but I am way to apathetic to protest . Truth is in life there are far bigger issues than ENIC out for most people. ENIC out chants probably expedited the end of Nuno, then we forgot all about it, not exactly Che Guevara commitment.

Deep down think Levy knows we talk the talk on protests , but as for walking the walk , not so much

What do you mean? I have been consistent in saying we need to change owners for the last few years. I Never said we need to keep them.

Oh, that’s good you think we aren’t anywhere near peak spurs. Hence me wanting owners who will get us closer to peak spurs, rather than sticking with ones we both agree aren’t getting us anywhere near that. It sounded like you wanted to keep owners who you agree aren’t getting anywhere near the best out of us. Personally, I want them gone & to move forward even if we get 4th by default!

If you have been consistent that ENIC and Levy need to move on, regardless of results then fine. My apology.

For me however there Is zero reality on show.

We don't have oil rich thiefs in charge of the club and we ain't as big as United.

The only team who are close to comparable and probably aren't in truth is Liverpool, who got a manager of absolute class and then the rest is history, but as a club they are simply bigger than we are.

A nd in relation to transfers Liverpollsimply got it right more than we did, more than spending so much more, Van Dijk apart

I think anyone who is objective and reasonable would see that in the last decade, we should have won at least two trophies. To me it's that failure as much of not more than so called insane investment or change of ownership that has set us back.

But we are likely to finish in the top 5 and if you had offered that to any fan at the start of the season, nearly all would have said STICK.

And with some decent additions in the summer and some stability and commitment from Kane and Conte, I think next season we can be a bit more competitive, but we won't be title contenders.

If you have been consistent that ENIC and Levy need to move on, regardless of results then fine. My apology.

We don't have oil rich thiefs in charge of the club and we ain't as big as United.

The only team who are close to comparable and probably aren't in truth is Liverpool, who got a manager of absolute class and then the rest is history, but as a club they are simply bigger than we are.

A nd in relation to transfers Liverpollsimply got it right more than we did, more than spending so much more, Van Dijk apart

I think anyone who is objective and reasonable would see that in the last decade, we should have won at least two trophies. To me it's that failure as much of not more than so called insane investment or change of ownership that has set us back.

But we are likely to finish in the top 5 and if you had offered that to any fan at the start of the season, nearly all would have said STICK.

And with some decent additions in the summer and some stability and commitment from Kane and Conte, I think next season we can be a bit more competitive, but we won't be title contenders.

Get out of here with rational comments. The anti-ENIC lot will ignore them all.

Yeah we will never win the title under this lot. Really can’t see it I’m afraid. Another league cup would be amazing! Hard to Imagine us winning a league cup. Seems like a crazy dream. & that’s what these owners have made us feel. As you say, most of us would have settled for NOT getting CL this season, me included. Again, enic have got us settling for this. I’d take a league cup in 5 years time with this lot. If we are honest, would you be that surprised if we didn’t win another cup in 10 years time under this lot?

At the end of your post you do confess more signings is the way forward. Which again is a big thing enic fail with… good signings.
Hopefully a creative midfielder comes in. I think Kane will stay now as he has missed the boat with city & I can’t see anyone better than us going in for him in England.
Don’t see him going abroad. So that’s good news obviously.
We can still manage 4th this season so we have some hope left :contepray:

Why does this thread start trending when we drop points?

In fact it was bumped when Woolwich won, bizarre :confused:

Maybe because we're partly dropping points due to major deficiencies in the squad which arguably is due to the lack of investment/poor investment decisions by the owners...?

You don't even have to agree that's the case, but pretty obvious why people, when frustrated by a defeat, would take aim at the people they think are responsible. Dunno why you act like this is somehow a surprising turn of events.

father ted GIF by Pixel Bandits

Maybe because we're partly dropping points due to major deficiencies in the squad which arguably is due to the lack of investment/poor investment decisions by the owners...?

You don't even have to agree that's the case, but pretty obvious why people, when frustrated by a defeat, would take aim at the people they think are responsible. Dunno why you act like this is somehow a surprising turn of events.
Its actually bizarre that he gets surprised by something so obvious.

This is actually true , I would like them to sell up but I am way to apathetic to protest . Truth is in life there are far bigger issues than ENIC out for most people. ENIC out chants probably expedited the end of Nuno, then we forgot all about it, not exactly Che Guevara commitment.

Deep down think Levy knows we talk the talk on protests , but as for walking the walk , not so much
You are right. There were very loud we want levy out chants in the stadium before Nuno was sacked. People just cant be bothered to turn up to protests. We have lives to live away from football.

It’s honestly a disgrace that any fans still defend them. Everyone acknowledges that with that more investment or better executed investment the club would be in a better position but when it comes to the question of ‘why is that not being done?’ some just can’t bring themselves to give the literal owners any blame. It’s not like you personally lose anything for being ENIC out; the club aren’t going to track you down and ban you from matches because you don’t like Levy.

People need to separate the two, it is perfectly acceptable to love Tottenham and hate ENIC bc they are not one and the same. The club will still be here long after they’ve stopped using it like a cash cow.

Back
Top Bottom