Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Liverpool HAVE to win and as long as they have to try and force the play there will be big spaces for us to attack on the break. Klopp basically admitted this already, we are not the team you’d want to play when you absolutely can’t afford to drop points. Our counter attack is probably the best in the league.

If we can get the first goal or preserve the clean sheet I think we will be able to create plenty of chances. If we go behind I think we are toast. When we won away at City we scored first, went ahead after they equalised and were never behind in the game. We have to repeat that to win at Anfield.

Haah, at first I wanted to argue that "we don't have to score first, cause they will have to come at us when it is 0:0 as well"... and then I re-read it and it was already covered :D .

Yea, basically we just have to avoid Pool going ahead. Then they can drop off and we at some point have to take more risks. Which they will punish, no doubt.

So we need really good performance from Lloris, Romero, Dier and Davies. Plus ofc everyone else have to support them A LOT.

Fuck it. I want to see us just come out swinging. Let's have a goal fest. We won't keep a clean sheet. so lets use our best attributes to try to outscore them.

Haah, at first I wanted to argue that "we don't have to score first, cause they will have to come at us when it is 0:0 as well"... and then I re-read it and it was already covered :D .

Yea, basically we just have to avoid Pool going ahead. Then they can drop off and we at some point have to take more risks. Which they will punish, no doubt.

So we need really good performance from Lloris, Romero, Dier and Davies. Plus ofc everyone else have to support them A LOT.

Yeh... MASSIVE game for the CBs....

Rom vs Diaz
Dier vs Jota / Mane
Davies vs Salah

Gonna just pretend for now that the WB-battle doesn't exist. :avbcringe:

Yeh... MASSIVE game for the CBs....

Rom vs Diaz
Dier vs Jota / Mane
Davies vs Salah

Gonna just pretend for now that the WB-battle doesn't exist. :avbcringe:
Well... we did manage to draw the game against Pool with Sess and Royal as fullbacks...

Come to think of it - we will have Hjojberg, Bentancur, Kulusevski and Romero instead of Winks, Ndombele, Alli and Sanchez.

We will smash them 6:0 ain't we :D :D ???

Well... we did manage to draw the game against Pool with Sess and Royal as fullbacks...

Come to think of it - we will have Hjojberg, Bentancur, Kulusevski and Romero instead of Winks, Ndombele, Alli and Sanchez.

We will smash them 6:0 ain't we :D :D ???

Yeh, Sess kept Salah extremely quiet to be fair to him, but on that day we had a 3 man MF to keep them and the FBs occupied man for man..... We're gonna be outnumbered in the middle 3rd on Sat.

Essentially it's gonna be 253 vs 343.

3 up front is a luxury we can't afford in this game. :(

Yeh, Sess kept Salah extremely quiet to be fair to him, but on that day we had a 3 man MF to keep them and the FBs occupied man for man..... We're gonna be outnumbered in the middle 3rd on Sat.

Essentially it's gonna be 253 vs 343.

3 up front is a luxury we can't afford in this game. :(

Well... we don't have 3rd CM player to pick, do we.
We all saw how committed Winksy was in his substitute appearance recently.

OF COURSE it would make sense to start with Skippy-PEH-Hjojberg CM trio... but you know...

I was thinking briefly about option of using Kane in even more deeper (CM) role and then have two sharp runners in Son and Begwijn who he could feed with passes.
But that would mean limiting Kane impact on the attacking game. And with Berg, we really don't know what we gonna get. I think his miss against Liverpool still lurks in his own memory as well...

Genuinely terrifying having to play against Liverpool with Royal at right back.

How he slipped through the net, I’ll never know.

Well... we don't have 3rd CM player to pick, do we.
We all saw how committed Winksy was in his substitute appearance recently.

OF COURSE it would make sense to start with Skippy-PEH-Hjojberg CM trio... but you know...

.....Winks/Ndombele/Dele doesn't exactly scream "yay" either tho'. LOL

I was thinking briefly about option of using Kane in even more deeper (CM) role and then have two sharp runners in Son and Begwijn who he could feed with passes.
But that would mean limiting Kane impact on the attacking game. And with Berg, we really don't know what we gonna get. I think his miss against Liverpool still lurks in his own memory as well...

Kane can't function beyond the remit of merely being a deep #10.

Only option we'd have is to drop Kulu in as one of the 3, but of course it's an unproven theory.

They are in relegation battle so they will be playing their hearts out.

I do give them a good chance to beat goone~ I mean boogers but it is really up to us how WE finish the season.

If we can draw against pool and win the next 3 games I think we can be in the top 4.
And Woolwich are in a top 4 battle and with a better team.....

So... across whole season Liverpool has played 57 games, lost 3 (West Ham, Leicester, Inter) and drawn 9 (including first game against us) and won 45 (!!) that is just beyond sick.

Both of their losses in EPL (Wham, Leicester) have gone in away games.

Only two things that offer me any kind of comfort are -
- we did double against other strongest team in the league and drew against Pool with very wounded side
- they did have to work hard in away game in CL to reach the final

But that's about it.

We are as much under pressure than Pool. Maybe even more - if they lose, they still have chance in 3 other competitions. If we lose, we are in very poor position in our last competition we are in...
When was the last time they lost at anfield...? Liverpool I mean, not us!

Last edited:
Does he actually err ...Well like you mate?

Apricot kernels can cause potentially fatal cyanide poisoning when consumed. Symptoms include nausea, fever, headaches, insomnia, increased thirst, lethargy, nervousness, various aches and pains in joints and muscles, and a drop in blood pressure.
Sounds like traditional cancer treatment too!

Back
Top Bottom