Crystal Palace Vs Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They weren't as good as I thought they were going to be. But then again I can say the same for us. Atmosphere wise.

There must have been a bunch somewhere up the top starting older songs. A good 'Glory Glory Hallelujah' and 'Can't Smile Without You' went round which was quality.

Last edited:
Capoue when he came on was great at picking up the ball from the CBs and starting attacks with forward passing. Strangely when it was just Dembele and Paulinho neither really did this so we ended up resorting to the fullbacks over and over.

On Palace support, when I saw some clips of their lot against Brighton last season, they looked like a proper continental outfit.

Today it came across a bit cheesy and forced imo. Like when Siggy was taking the corner, and all the "nutters" fully aware the camera was there, were abusing him as if it was Sol Campbell at WHL. No one could be that angry at Siggy for no reason.

They made a noise, but it was in true small club in the spotlight fashion.

Brighton are their Woolwich though...fuck knows why...

Today it came across a bit cheesy and forced imo. Like when Siggy was taking the corner, and all the "nutters" fully aware the camera was there, were abusing him as if it was Sol Campbell at WHL. No one could be that angry at Siggy for no reason.

Agree with this bit. I was looking down on them as they did that. About five geezers all apparently full of hatred for Siggy, of all people. The five nutters were being held back by a single steward, of course. Well ard.

Don't find their support forced though, I think it's actually amazing the way the HF have transformed their stadium. Songs a smallish group of lads made up and started singing are now bellowed out by the whole stadium. 1882 aspires to this kind of thing basically, init.

S.L.R said:
Atmosphere wise I was a bit embarrassed for us. Again. The Palace crowd was proper noisy.

That's what happens when you only allow ST HOLDERS to apply, and set the Loyalty points higher than if we were playing ArseAnal in the Cup Final!

Oh and just call me the fucking thread starter. 1 match thread, 1 win, 1 clean sheet, 1 penalty

Buzzing though, thought we threw it away at end but HUGOOOO.

Bring on Tbilisi and Swansea

I went to Palace a couple of years ago just for the hell of it, they were playing Ipswich. Sat in the middle of the Holmesdale and the atmosphere was absolutely dead. Brilliant that they've turned it around so much with that ultras-style group, but somehow I can't see them keeping up that level of noise all season, especially once the defeats start piling up.

In 33 minutes, Capoue made more interceptions (6) than West Brom (5), West Ham (5) and Sunderland (4) all managed across the whole 90 minutes of their games.

What about Chadli's header at the end of the first half? He really should have got it on target.
Definitely should have gotten on goal. But if you watch it again , he basically got tackled in mid air by the defender.

Clattenburg was awful. But he did give us a PK and a goal. So not about to complain

All I have to offer to the post game thoughts are three brief points:

1) Very impressed with Capoue. Would like to see him start Thursday.

2) Defoe, that miss embodied why we brought in a striker. You now have a short clip as bonafide evidence as to why you won't start many games this season. Fantastic work to get to the position, disgraceful miss.

3) Jesus Christ we have got to get a decent CAM. Siggy did play fairly decently today, but we still just don't have it through the attacking middle. There is not a position of more glaring need in all of the sides among the big six.

The atmosphere was similar to Blackpool away and then , under HR we crumbled. CP had players missing today so a good day to play them. Football is about ifs and buts? I hope we stay good and not finish the season wishing only if!

Was surprised that Paulhino was MOTM, but watched the game on a teeny weeny screen and difficult to work out who did what at times. Still getting my head round all our new signings, but what I did get was that Rose and Walker had good games (poor Benny, not even a place on the bench); Hugo's double save was incredible, considering he didn't have much else to do, concentration levels superb; we have a player who can take a penalty; considering there were five new players on the pitch we showed quite a good team spirit; this time last year, we would have probably folded and conceded one or even 2 goals in injury time!

Gareth who?

Was surprised that Paulhino was MOTM, but watched the game on a teeny weeny screen and difficult to work out who did what at times. Still getting my head round all our new signings, but what I did get was that Rose and Walker had good games (poor Benny, not even a place on the bench); Hugo's double save was incredible, considering he didn't have much else to do, concentration levels superb; we have a player who can take a penalty; considering there were five new players on the pitch we showed quite a good team spirit; this time last year, we would have probably folded and conceded one or even 2 goals in injury time!

Gareth who?

Bale. His last name's Bale. I'd have thought you'd realised that by now

:baletroll:

Back
Top Bottom