Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it's more that Holding knew Son was way too good for him, so he tried to kick him out of the game.

But this isn't a few decades ago with Graham Roberts putting Charlie Nicholas in the stands....
I think it was more of a game plan after they saw what Fabinho did to Son.

I think it was more of a game plan after they saw what Fabinho did to Son.
Definitely a game plan to stick to Son, try rattle him. But Holding was way too shit to do that with any finesse or subtlety. Once we saw what he was obviously trying to do, I think we knew we could get him sent off

What a piece of shit Holding was. He got what he deserved to get.

Sonny is such a nice lad. He gave the penalty to Kane without any hesitation. If it was Sterling fighting for the golden boot, he would've argued with Kane to get it. Such a team player.

Definitely a game plan to stick to Son, try rattle him. But Holding was way too shit to do that with any finesse or subtlety. Once we saw what he was obviously trying to do, I think we knew we could get him sent off
If he played for Liverpool, it would have worked.

Been hearing talks of Son as this seasons Premier League Player of the Year. What do you think, does he deserve a nod?
That's debatable even if he wins the golden boot to top off his amazing season. I still believe Son is underrated by many. TBH it matters not to me. However, I'm happy he's getting more deserved recogntion . Son is without question my Spurs player of the year. What an incredible season for him. He's even getting better and better.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/12/Wool...red-card-tottenham-16635744/?ito=newsnow-feed

Ian Wright believes Woolwich defender Rob Holding was ‘terrified’ of Son Heung-min during the Gunners’ north London derby defeat to Tottenham.

Mikel Arteta’s side were soundly beaten by arch-rivals Spurs on Thursday evening in a result that blows the top-four race wide open.

It was a night to forget for all of Woolwich’s players as Spurs won 3-0 to close the gap on the Gunners to just a point with two games left, but Holding will have particularly painful memories of the derby after being sent off in the first half.

The 26-year-old has impressed lately but was given a torrid time by the in-form Son, picking up two yellow cards inside 33 minutes to become the seventh Woolwich player to be sent off in a Premier League north London derby.

‘Rob Holding is terrified of Son’s pace,’ Gunners legend Wright said on Premier League productions. ‘In each instance, we are seeing Rob Holding trying to win the ball.

‘Especially after the first couple, you say okay it’s going into him. Let him get hold of it and maybe lay it back because you can’t afford to go down to ten men.

‘He has got no complaints [for the red card]. That right side has been a problem for us. It has been a mismatch. You can see how uncomfortable Holding was.

‘In the end, the way he has been sent off, he has no defence of himself there.’

Arteta said he would be ‘suspended’ if he gave his honest assessment on the officiating during the north London derby, with Tottenham also benefiting from a penalty shortly before Holding’s dismissal.

‘If I say what I think I am suspended for six months,’ said Arteta. ‘I don’t know how to lie so I prefer not to say what I think.

‘I cannot say what I think. I am not unhappy with my players. I am proud of my players.

‘I want the referee to come in front of the camera and explain his decisions. It’s a shame because such a beautiful game was destroyed.

‘The decision was made. We can’t change it. The referee has to make a decision in football.’

That's debatable even if he wins the golden boot to top off his amazing season. I still believe Son is underrated by many. TBH it matters not to me. However, I'm happy he's getting more deserved recogntion . Son is without question my Spurs player of the year. What an incredible season for him. He's even getting better and better.
I’ve been harsh on him in the past including parts or this season but overall, he’s been just incredible. His attacking efficiency is off the charts. And like you said, it looks like he’s getting better and smarter as a player under Conte.

Some stats Pre-Woolwich game:

c5h1k7vs93z81.png

Ian Wright believes Woolwich defender Rob Holding was ‘terrified’ of Son Heung-min during the Gunners’ north London derby defeat to Tottenham.

Mikel Arteta’s side were soundly beaten by arch-rivals Spurs on Thursday evening in a result that blows the top-four race wide open.

It was a night to forget for all of Woolwich’s players as Spurs won 3-0 to close the gap on the Gunners to just a point with two games left, but Holding will have particularly painful memories of the derby after being sent off in the first half.

The 26-year-old has impressed lately but was given a torrid time by the in-form Son, picking up two yellow cards inside 33 minutes to become the seventh Woolwich player to be sent off in a Premier League north London derby.

‘Rob Holding is terrified of Son’s pace,’ Gunners legend Wright said on Premier League productions. ‘In each instance, we are seeing Rob Holding trying to win the ball.

‘Especially after the first couple, you say okay it’s going into him. Let him get hold of it and maybe lay it back because you can’t afford to go down to ten men.

‘He has got no complaints [for the red card]. That right side has been a problem for us. It has been a mismatch. You can see how uncomfortable Holding was.

‘In the end, the way he has been sent off, he has no defence of himself there.’

Arteta said he would be ‘suspended’ if he gave his honest assessment on the officiating during the north London derby, with Tottenham also benefiting from a penalty shortly before Holding’s dismissal.

‘If I say what I think I am suspended for six months,’ said Arteta. ‘I don’t know how to lie so I prefer not to say what I think.

‘I cannot say what I think. I am not unhappy with my players. I am proud of my players.

‘I want the referee to come in front of the camera and explain his decisions. It’s a shame because such a beautiful game was destroyed.

‘The decision was made. We can’t change it. The referee has to make a decision in football.’

Fucking cunt..excuse generator.

Now some Woolwich fans are claiming that Son should have been sent off for "elbowing" Holding (what a fitting name). Sure, some (Latina American) players could have made a meal out of it but it was clear from the kick-off that Holding's tactics were to wind-up Son ... but instead, he was the one getting winded up.

Now some Woolwich fans are claiming that Son should have been sent off for "elbowing" Holding (what a fitting name). Sure, some (Latina American) players could have made a meal out of it but it was clear from the kick-off that Holding's tactics were to wind-up Son ... but instead, he was the one getting winded up.

Exactly, and that short 1 second clip that is doing the rounds on Son elbowing is without context. It is not showing the buildup to that where Holding was quite literally still holding onto Son whilst they were on the ground...

Back
Top Bottom