Tottenham Hotspur Vs Woolwich Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watched artets interview, what an embarrassment that guy is. He really thinks he’s a pep or mourinho in the way he talks. The ref got the big decisions right, he should be thanking him that holding didn’t get a straight red and instead got a second yellow. His team folded under the pressure after we got the 1st and the atmosphere tuned up even more, nothing to do with the refs

They were very lucky not to have Niketia carded for that disgraceful dive very early on

I mentioned it at the time on the match thread but Ref wasn’t interested

They should have replayed that in front of Arteta and asked him to comment

Blatant simulation

The atmosphere last night came across so well. I hope that can continue especially with smoke flares etc. not over the top but make it a fortress where teams are intimidated. I know the likes of Bournemouth at home won’t be the same but the top games and European nights, would be great

Started slow but the result was never in doubt once we went ahead and could play the way we like. Holding, who's absolutely toss, getting himself sent off helped but I think we would have won comfortably regardless. Don't think anyone really stood out for us but everyone either played well or did their jobs competently. Conte deserve a lot of credit for making the likes of Dier and Davies look better than they are.
Don't agree on the last comment. He's got them playing in a system that maximises their ability. That's far different from making players "look better than they are."

Also heard some of their fans on the radio claiming they were at the match and that the stadium was quiet.

Say you weren't there without saying you weren't there. ....

This was 5 minutes after the final whistle and the pricks are on the radio in absolute silence.
How the fuck are they getting out of the stadium and into a situation of total silence in 5 minutes. 62k other fans are all in the street yelling and screaming, but these liars are in totally silent room claiming they were at the game and the atmosphere was silent.
To be fair to them, the stadium WAS quiet - at least the NE corner of it was. Could have heard a pin drop, if it wasn't for the constant magnificent cacophony of noise that engulfed, overwhelmed and ultimately destroyed them.

Gooners saying it was a weak red... Give it 5 mins and he would have got 2nd yellow anyway. He was always being sent off first half, literally everytime Son had the ball was a yellow card offense
I counted 3 straight reds for him in the game. Kicking Son in the ribs when he was down, the elbow to the face, and physically throwing him when both were on the ground as Son was trying to get up.

There's no doubt in my mind that he was under orders to use the dark arts in an attempt to wind Son up to get a reaction to get him sent off. That's why Arteta was so upset, his plan backfired.

I counted 3 straight reds for him in the game. Kicking Son in the ribs when he was down, the elbow to the face, and physically throwing him when both were on the ground as Son was trying to get up.

There's no doubt in my mind that he was under orders to use the dark arts in an attempt to wind Son up to get a reaction to get him sent off. That's why Arteta was so upset, his plan backfired.
Said to the guy next to me before the game that we were going to destroy Holding. Thought that early on that we were struggling to beat the press EXCEPT when Sonny was dropping back into midfield on the left, picking up the ball deeper and absolutely skinning Holding. Surprised he lasted 33 minutes tbh.
Felt extremely smug about it after the game.

I love to turn those c*** over and the sight of an empty away end well before time warmed the heart.

Last edited:
To be fair to them, the stadium WAS quiet - at least the NE corner of it was. Could have heard a pin drop, if it wasn't for the constant magnificent cacophony of noise that engulfed, overwhelmed and ultimately destroyed them.
It was massively louder and more intense in the shelf than I've experienced since it opened. Everyone was hugely up for it. Lots of standing.

Maybe putting the away fans by the family end is a bad idea.

He also jumped into Son a split second after Cedric fouled him - so Son was actually fouled twice, by two goons. If you look at the penalty incident Holding was never going to get the ball, he just wanted to hurt Son.
Possibly a cardable offence in its own right.

They tried this after Holding went. They were dropping in the floor pretending to be injured every time.

It was massively louder and more intense in the shelf than I've experienced since it opened. Everyone was hugely up for it. Lots of standing.

Maybe putting the away fans by the family end is a bad idea.

I'm in the Paxton and I couldn't hear the Woolwich fans at all. But the Paxton was also up for it last night too...

Also heard some of their fans on the radio claiming they were at the match and that the stadium was quiet.

Say you weren't there without saying you weren't there. ....

This was 5 minutes after the final whistle and the pricks are on the radio in absolute silence.
How the fuck are they getting out of the stadium and into a situation of total silence in 5 minutes. 62k other fans are all in the street yelling and screaming, but these liars are in totally silent room claiming they were at the game and the atmosphere was silent.

To be fair, almost all of them could have made it home in time, seeing as they all left on 60mins.....

FSlahsAXwAEt9LN

Just watched artets interview, what an embarrassment that guy is. He really thinks he’s a pep or mourinho in the way he talks. The ref got the big decisions right, he should be thanking him that holding didn’t get a straight red and instead got a second yellow. His team folded under the pressure after we got the 1st and the atmosphere tuned up even more, nothing to do with the refs
They all come from the Iberian peninsula, so there's a fair chance that they are all going to sound alike to English people

Back
Top Bottom