Tottenham Hotspur Vs Woolwich Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok straight up question as I was lucky enough to be at both

Which was the bigger win

2-0 last NLD at WHL - or last night?

Bigger in terms of sentiment, occasion, atmosphere, consequence etc

To add some context. That game was obviously the last ever NLD there. The win ensured we finished above them (by a mile with games to spare) and we kept the heat on Chelsea for another week for the title.
Honestly, I think it depends on both our last 2 games ...

IF we qualify for the CL on the back of last nights' win then yes, it was bigger ...

But the final 2-0 win at WHL had double implications....

Confirming at THAT game alone that we'd finish above them was massive...

Couple that with it being the final ever NLD at WHL - which was only ever gonna happen once - and we won it, made it seismic...

So on that alone, I'd say the final match at WHL was more important.

But last night will either have MASSIVE implications, depending on other results... or get swept under the carpet if they win their final 2 games...

At the moment, last feels more like the Ajax CL semi...

It was only gonna be remembered IF we won the Final... which we didn't, so it's forever tinged with sadness and regret...

Hopefully last night counts for something.... But unfortunately, that's all dependant on Newcastle or Everton... Who I wouldn't trust with beating an egg... Let alone ArseAnal!!

Last edited:
Arteta's reaction is briliant news.

Instead of acknowledging his club's own failings he's just blamed the refs and thinks they're fine!

no inward looking, no soul searching just shafted!

it's beautiful!

COME ON THE TOON.

I think the scum will lose their bottle under the lights at St James, party atmosphere, they won't handle the pressure if we win and go above them.
they've been shit in every one of their many recent wins. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Even 10 men Leeds had them shook in moments.

if Newcastle turn up they will win, but unfortunately so many teams have gifted them the win.

I've only just watched the Arteta postmatch interview.

He's trying to be like Jose but he doesn't have the charisma or gravitas to pull it off. Its a bit sad really, like copying something you've seen on TV when you're a kid. But he's an adult.

mummy mummy

Edit: Ah falls foul of the filter, try this then click our match.

Thanks mate - I'll bookmark it this time, so I don't have to keep pestering you.

Settling into the final minutes of Friday night in front of AFTV. Ty’s interview is fucking hilarious. “Where is VAR for the penalty?”. It was checked. “Son elbowed holding, he should’ve been sent off”.
Holding should’ve been sent off for the kick on Son in the FIRST challenge. Wasn’t checked. “I’ve got 3 examples of players that were injured and we need an apology from the refs… there is an agenda against us blah blah”. Citing instances that have occurred over 8 years. Fucking Rib busting. Every team has this sort of “the refs are against us” mentality. Not a whiff of rational thinking… but that’s what a 3-0 titty twisting in the NLD will do. Read it and weep you stinky backwards nomad fuck monkeys.

Just sent this to my Brazilian inlaws who don't speak a word of english and thought I had been kidnapped based on my instagram stories last night. Perfeito!
Nice, and also BLATANT!

Actually, my in-laws are Brazilian too, if you'd believe it. As you no doubt know, the Brazilians love football and always like a chat about English football culture.

they've been shit in every one of their many recent wins. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Even 10 men Leeds had them shook in moments.

if Newcastle turn up they will win, but unfortunately so many teams have gifted them the win.
They deserved to beat Chelsea and, aside from a short period of threat, they also deserved to beat United.
I didn't see West Ham, but I suspect WH didn't show up at all.

I've only just watched the Arteta postmatch interview.

He's trying to be like Jose but he doesn't have the charisma or gravitas to pull it off. Its a bit sad really, like copying something you've seen on TV when you're a kid. But he's an adult.
He's got this weird vibe, like some sort of repressed inner turmoil. His intensity just makes you feel uncomfortable.

Pep might seem a bit autistic, and Klopp/Mou/Conte are harsh disciplinarians, but at least they're human.

This guy just leaves you cold.

They deserved to beat Chelsea and, aside from a short period of threat, they also deserved to beat United.
West Ham were the better side for most of the game until they ran out of gas due to their EL exertions. Arse's goals were against the run of play.

It was maybe 60/40 in west hams favour until the 60th minute.

They didn't deserve to beat Utd. Utd missed a penalty to make it 2 all that the goofy cunt took instead of Ronaldo. Utd also hit the woodwork at least twice. Even a draw would have flattered Woolwich.

Back
Top Bottom