#WeAreAllIdrissa is the #1 Worldwide Trend on Twitter, after many Muslims went to Twitter to show their support for Idrissa Gana Gueye after he refuse

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I predict that no good will come of this thread

Im Out Shark Tank GIF by ABC Network

Reading that, one would think we're talking about some 90's David Seaman nightmare....

However, this is the so-called rainbow kit:

resize
Fucking hell, that it? Swear the hispters would trawl through all the "boutiques" of London to find this "retro" kit.

It's just like an old Kodak film cartrige packet, or an old apple computer logo design.

I keep warning people about Muslim (I know it's not just Muslims in this case) but people don't want to listen.

Fucking hell, that it? Swear the hispters would trawl through all the "boutiques" of London to find this "retro" kit.

It's just like an old Kodak film cartrige packet, or an old apple computer logo design.

I keep warning people about Muslim (I know it's not just Muslims in this case) but people don't want to listen.
What are you warning them about Muslims? Most religions are not accepting of homosexuality.

It's not a Muslim thing..... That's religion for you.

What are you warning them about Muslims? Most religions are not accepting of homosexuality.
That's true, but Muslims/Islam is far more strident in this regard.

That's true, but Muslims/Islam is far more strident in this regard.
There are many non religious people who would happily beat/kill gay people if they had the chance. Only one current footballer has come out as gay in the UK, that should tell that it's a society problem.

People have different morals. The Islamic world or parts of it are conservative, and if he is conservative this would go against his religion and beliefs whether you agree with them or not.

This is where getting politics and football to
Mix becomes tricky. It’s like Man City with owners who are fine with using cheap or in some cases slavery but owning a club in a league with black live matters banners. The government allowed the sale and the contradiction was allowed to happen.

Perhaps before it was ‘’keep your views too yourself’’ but given that players are expected to come down one side or another now I am not sure people should be surprised. I don’t blame any of the players for this either, if the government including the French one really wanted football to be something which represented French values they would never have allowed PSG to be sold to Middle Eastern princes meaning they don’t have a leg to stand on.

There are many non religious people who would happily beat/kill gay people if they had the chance. Only one current footballer has come out as gay in the UK, that should tell that it's a society problem.
Society and religion are not two disjoint sets. They both influence each other, and especially in Muslim countries they are practically one and the same.

Try being out and about on a Friday noon in Bangladesh, Pakistan etc. Or trying to eat something in public during Ramadan.

I get where your instinct to not label all Muslims as bad people comes from but it's misguided and counterproductive. No one is saying all Muslims or exclusively Muslims are homophobes.

Society and religion are not two disjoint sets. They both influence each other, and especially in Muslim countries they are practically one and the same.

Try being out and about on a Friday noon in Bangladesh, Pakistan etc. Or trying to eat something in public during Ramadan.

I get where your instinct to not label all Muslims as bad people comes from but it's misguided and counterproductive. No one is saying all Muslims or exclusively Muslims are homophobes.

So your not-at-all-subtle implication is that Muslims are bad people? :tanguyhuh:

So your not-at-all-subtle implication is that all Muslims are bad people? :tanguyhuh:
"No one is saying all Muslims or exclusively Muslims are homophobes"

This is what I mean about you loving an argument, you dumb fuck.

So Muslims (and others) make a "brave" stand against anti-homophobic t-shirt in a sport known for homophobia but in this thread Muslims are the real victims.

Apparently I have to take care to explain clearly that Islam is EXACTLY the same as every other religion in the world. As if that's the big problem.

Back
Top Bottom