Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Been wading through more salt than the Dead Sea.

Fucking hell. I think we have broken them.

What a week I’m going to have.

984607iCCC8352B2C0E2B56
I will be downloading every football podcast there is!
:dierpochhug:

Most gooners are seriously deluded in where they are as a club.

20 years of over performance by Wenger has led to an entitled fanbase many of which are buying into the trust the process bullshit.

I want them to do well enough for the owners to keep trusting the process, to allow this slow decay to take hold and never let go.

Trust the process.
They did that with Wenger for an incredible amount of time so hopefully they do again with Arteta.

Spot on, kid.

And only one on there that's properly engaged with the actual reality of what this means for their window (robbie in la la land).

That's what the real battle was for - the players you can attract that help you win the margins that can be so fine in this game.

That was the prize.

Apologies if it’s been said before, but did they beat any big teams in 21/22?!

Was Spurs under Nuno their biggest scalp?

Doing the double over Wolves, Hammers and Leicester should be par shouldn’t it. Especially with no European distractions. After Spurs at their worst, the next biggest achievements were beating a sanctions-impacted Chelsea and Utd who are an absolute mess. I can’t stop laughing!

:king::sonlol::dawsonlol:

Really hope their non-CL qualification impacts upon signings, but let’s talk mangers. Were Arteta to be shown the door in 6 months time, is there anyone else with promise who might be brought in? Ten Hag is now off the table, Poch surely too much of a legend to be tempted. Potter perhaps?? We shouldn’t rule out Thomas Frank too.

Last edited:
Apologies if it’s been said before, but did they beat any big teams in 21/22?!

Was Spurs under Nuno their biggest scalp?

Doing the double over Wolves, Hammers and Leicester should be par shouldn’t it. Especially with no European distractions. After Spurs at their worst, the next biggest achievements were beating a sanctions-impacted Chelsea and Utd who are an absolute mess. I can’t stop laughing!

:king::sonlol::dawsonlol:

Really hope their non-CL qualification impacts upon signings, but let’s talk mangers. Were Arteta to be shown the door in 6 months time, is there anyone else with promise who might be brought in? Ten Hag is now off the table, Poch surely too much of a legend to be tempted. Potter perhaps?? We shouldn’t rule out Thomas Frank too.

Stop tempting fate - let’s hope the board continue trusting the process for the foreseeable.

Some nut job on AFTV moaning about a Son penalty in 2008……

:goonermong: :goonermong::goonermong::goonermong:

Then gave this season 8.5/10.

Pretty sure they have forgotten in two years they have spent £200m to get the “youngest squad in the league”

What is wrong with them.

Some nut job on AFTV moaning about a Son penalty in 2008……

:goonermong: :goonermong::goonermong::goonermong:

Then gave this season 8.5/10.

Pretty sure they have forgotten in two years they have spent £200m to get the “youngest squad in the league”

What is wrong with them.

They're desperately trying to clutch at any straw they can find. Make no mistake they are shedding bitter tears whilst writing that crap.

8.5 / 10 season my fat farty asshole.

Reduced them to this on the last day of the season

FTYdqlFWAAE2PS2
Fucking strange breed they are. They don't have any identity or even self respect anymore.
Am I missing something??
Is that date wrong....?
The wording ..?
The opposition?
Ex-players pictured??

Looks like a straightforward 'NEXT MATCH' poster to me...

I am happy to be enlightened, and educated!

EDIT: I'M SUCH A DICK!

Last edited:
So, after spending a ton of money last close season, they finish a whopping.......8 pts better than last season. 8 pts in a season where they had no European nights, no midweek travelling to Eastern Europe and places we've never heard of, let alone place on a map. That's at best marking time. Perfectly possible that they'll lose those 8 pts, maybe more. Back to 7th or 8th.

Losing to Palace, Brighton, Saints. Failing to get a point at WHL when that was all they needed to do to stay 4 pts ahead of us. Battered by Barcodes. They can't get a result when it's REALLY needed. No character, no balls.

Making allowances because they have the youngest team? Great. Carry on living in denial. They have a manager who can't handle senior players, that's why he's got a bunch of kids. Carry on saying that in 5 years time those young players will be "even better" lol, and that Son is 30, Kane 29, Lloris 35. They've obviously never heard of other teams buying to improve a squad. 5 years ago we had Toby and Jan. Ooh, look - we've got Romero! Dier and Davies who we bought for buttons and are playing so well that they might not need to be improved upon. 3 years ago we were so depleted that we contested a CL final with Sissoko and Winks. And now we've got Betancour and Kulu - what's your point, Goons?

Please - keep on trusting that process. Arteta is a genius, you're so lucky to have him!!

Back
Top Bottom