Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Manor Solomon's deal with Fulham broke down. Tidy player, I'm unsure about him, but at his price he's definitely a more worthwhile gamble than Jack Clarke. Scored two tidy goals against Albania yesterday

Those teams, like us, Liverpool.to an extent and maybe I would go so far as saying United, and who have leverage, be that Champions League, the name of their club or whatever and who have a bit of cash are being forced to a large extent to act now.

The spectre of Newcastle looms large and bit by bit they will work their way to being an attractive proposition. In some respects they already are of course.

You can see it though. Apparently interested in Nunez, the striker Liverpool are after. They won't get him but you can see the intent.

So, Levy and ENIC know that if we wait for next summer it will be an even more inflated market and we will likely not be the preferred or better choice.

Bag talent now, give decent contracts and build, or sell at ridiculously high prices if the oil scum come calling.

You can see in this new Golf tour tjat whatever most professional sportsmen may say and sometimes believe, money nearly always talks loudest.

Last edited:
Those teams, like us, Liverpool.to an extent and maybe I would go so far as saying United, and who have leverage, be that Champions League, the name of their club or whatever and who have a bit of cash are being forced to a large extent to act now.

The spectre of Newcastle looms large and bit by bit they will work their way to being an attractive proposition. In sone respects they already are of course.

You can see it though. Apparently interested in Nunez, the striker Liverpool are after. They won't get him but you can see the intent.

So, Levy and ENIC know that if we wait for next summer it will be an even more inflated market and we will likely not be the preferred or better choice.

Bag talent now, give decent contracts and build, or sell at ridiculously high prices if the oil scum come calling.

You can see in this new Golf tour tjat whatever most professional sportsmen may say and sometimes believe, money nearly always talks loudest.
The top of the table is already so crowded, I don't see Newcastle leapfrogging us any time soon. Even if they massively boost their spending and fake sponsorships, they'd still be behind us in terms of revenue.

They'll still have a worse squad overall. If they falter in their attempts to get top 6, they'd be like Everton spending top 6 money without the extra revenue from European football. Usurping the big 6 is not easy.

They also just bought a bunch of 30 year olds, that will need to replaced in a year or two. Tripps and Guimaraes are the only ones that would get in our team.

The top of the table is already so crowded, I don't see Newcastle leapfrogging us any time soon. Even if they massively boost their spending and fake sponsorships, they'd still be behind us in terms of revenue.

They'll still have a worse squad overall. If they falter in their attempts to get top 6, they'd be like Everton spending top 6 money without the extra revenue from European football. Usurping the big 6 is not easy.

They also just bought a bunch of 30 year olds, that will need to replaced in a year or two. Tripps and Guimaraes are the only ones that would get in our team.

They'll manage to cheat the system if they choose to......

Their rate of progress depends on how aggressive they're prepared to be with their spending; not selling burgers and pies to the match-day mob.

Time and existing standing is on our side in the short-term, but they'll be a top 6 club within the next 4/5 years; if not before.

They'll manage to cheat the system if they choose to......

Their rate of progress depends on how aggressive they're prepared to be with their spending; not selling burgers and pies to the match-day mob.

Time and existing standing is on our side in the short-term, but they'll be a top 6 club within the next 4/5 years; if not before.
I don't see it tbh. The gap between us and them is massive. Look who they bought with their fancy oil money in Jan. Would only take Guimaraes from their entire squad, and maybe tripps too.

Look at this thread:

Things they'd need to do to catch up to us:
- increase revenue by more 2.5x
- complete overhaul of their entire squad (i.e. spend far more than us, and get the transfers right)
- fix up their dilapidated stadium
- achieve results on the pitch so they can attract proven top players, not just Dan Burn, Callum Wilson and the like.

By the time they clear out the dozen deadwood players at the club, the likes of Trippier, and Wilson will be well past their best.

I don't see it tbh. The gap between us and them is massive. Look who they bought with their fancy oil money in Jan. Would only take Guimaraes from their entire squad, and maybe tripps too.

This was inevitable...... They were never gonna bag a bunch of galactico's in their first ever window. The profile of signings will increase year by year.

Look at this thread:

Things they'd need to do to catch up to us:
- increase revenue by more 2.5x
- complete overhaul of their entire squad (i.e. spend far more than us, and get the transfers right)
- fix up their dilapidated stadium
- achieve results on the pitch so they can attract proven top players, not just Dan Burn, Callum Wilson and the like.

By the time they clear out the dozen deadwood players at the club, the likes of Trippier, and Wilson will be well past their best.

They wouldn't necessarily have to overtake us to become a top 6 team..... A lot can happen in 4/5 years.

Chelsea's new owners are a wild card and Arse are likely to continue to struggle.

Newcastle are coming mate.

Their weakness is the base they are starting from that's all.

And the fact a few clubs have dosh and tradition that are ahead of them for now.

I know Haaland still has elements in his game such as passing/playmaking that need quite a bit of work but considering Pepball is all about this be interesting to see how he adapts to a very different style of play.

Back
Top Bottom