Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Phillips

Fernandinho replacement...

1761 minutes in all comps this season of which 256 were as an emergency CB.

1505 / 90mins = 16.7 full matches.

Welcome to your future as a HG-padder, kiddo.

Fernandinho replacement...

1761 minutes in all comps this season of which 256 were as an emergency CB.

1505 / 90mins = 16.7 full matches.

Welcome to your future as a HG-padder, kiddo.
To be fair Phillips is good enough to play more than that at City. He can play with Rodri as well as his rotation option. But definitely, like Grealish and Sterling, he'd get more play time elsewhere. It's a real shame. I'd rather they went somewhere they were key players, even if it were Utd, Newcastle or whatever.

bus-conductor bus-conductor (and others who've watched the French league) :

What do you think of this player? £26m apparently.

I think this is a very shrewd gamble for Newcastle. I haven't watched loads of this kid, but what I have seen he has real talent, and he also has end product, but is still pretty raw. If he can polish it, and do it in the PL (it's a big leap at his age) then 26m could be an absolute bargain.

He's a very unique footballer, not easily comparable to anyone, really tall and gangly but really good technique. can play through the centre or as a wide forward. Can be fulcrum and a finisher.
I guess Kanu would be the closest comparison, but even that's not quite right.

I would not have minded us taking a punt on him at all, I think he's exactly the type of player we need, one that can replicate the Kane role but also play wide forward so play with Kane too, and young enough to accept rotation etc.

Edit
And I really hope we aren't turning our noses up at this kind of player/deal because Conte won't sanction them (see his comments on Gill).

Hugo Lloris doing some heavy lifting for the reputation of French people.

I think this is a very shrewd gamble for Newcastle. I haven't watched loads of this kid, but what I have seen he has real talent, and he also has end product, but is still pretty raw. If he can polish it, and do it in the PL (it's a big leap at his age) then 26m could be an absolute bargain.

He's a very unique footballer, not easily comparable to anyone, really tall and gangly but really good technique. can play through the centre or as a wide forward. Can be fulcrum and a finisher.
I guess Kanu would be the closest comparison, but even that's not quite right.

I would not have minded us taking a punt on him at all, I think he's exactly the type of player we need, one that can replicate the Kane role but also play wide forward so play with Kane too, and young enough to accept rotation etc.

Edit
And I really hope we aren't turning our noses up at this kind of player/deal because Conte won't sanction them (see his comments on Gill).
I liked this lad loads when I watched him. Confirmed that Newcastle are going to be a complete pain in the ass.

To be fair Phillips is good enough to play more than that at City. He can play with Rodri as well as his rotation option. But definitely, like Grealish and Sterling, he'd get more play time elsewhere. It's a real shame. I'd rather they went somewhere they were key players, even if it were Utd, Newcastle or whatever.
It could kill his career, a bit like Delph.

He lives 15 minutes from their ground.
And reportedly really enjoys living in Madrid.

Unless they cannot come to terms on a salary it would make sense for Gareth to sign a short term deal with a Madrid club to keep fitness up until the world cup.

And reportedly really enjoys living in Madrid.

Unless they cannot come to terms on a salary it would make sense for Gareth to sign a short term deal with a Madrid club to keep fitness up until the world cup.
The last Wales Nations League games are end of September, the World Cup group games are 4 weeks later. After the World Cup he will retire. No club that signs him is going to see much of him.

We were linked with him but seemingly have decided not to go for him. Our loss, Newcastle's gain.

Not really. No guarantee he makes it all, in the pl.

It MIGHT be our loss, Newcastle's gain, and it might not be.

You're such a pessimitic twunt that any opinion you hold is irrelevant.

:adethumbup:

Back
Top Bottom