Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes; he'll play.... How much is the question.

I think unless he can take some minutes from Gundoghan too then he risks being a bit-part player.

He'll take minutes from a few players. He's pretty versatile and Pep rotates plenty, with the amount of competitions City are in gametime won't be hard to come by.

Phillips is a good player. Much better than someone like Delph who fulfilled that HG pragmatic midfielder role before him.

He'll take minutes from a few players. He's pretty versatile and Pep rotates plenty, with the amount of competitions City are in gametime won't be hard to come by.

Phillips is a good player. Much better than someone like Delph who fulfilled that HG pragmatic midfielder role before him.

Other than Rhodri & Gundoghan.... Who?

Other than Rhodri & Gundoghan.... Who?

They play 3 in midfield. Any one of those 3 starting midfielders could be rotated out for Phillips depending on the game.

It'll all come down to injuries. Delph ended up a sick note and Phillips has had big issues with fitness this season. If he sorts that out he'll end up a good utility player for them who plays on a pretty regular basis.

They play 3 in midfield. Any one of those 3 starting midfielders could be rotated out for Phillips depending on the game.

KDB, Silva? .....Hardly.

Like I said it'll come down to replacing Fernandino's minutes and whatever he can wrestle away from Gundoghan.

It'll all come down to injuries. Delph ended up a sick note and Phillips has had big issues with fitness this season. If he sorts that out he'll end up a good utility player for them who plays on a pretty regular basis.

....No reflection upon the player; he's decent. 👍

KDB, Silva? .....Hardly.

Like I said it'll come down to replacing Fernandino's minutes and whatever he can wrestle away from Gundoghan.

....No reflection upon the player; he's decent. 👍

KDB & Silva get rested plenty. One of them might be out of the team for a game or even pushed to the wing and Phillips put in midfield, depending on the opposition. And yes, in certain matches he could play instead of Rodri or Gundogan.

There's enough opportunities for gametime with City, Pep isn't like Jose where he finds his first XI and plays it every single week.

KDB & Silva get rested plenty. One of them might be out of the team for a game or even pushed to the wing and Phillips put in midfield, depending on the opposition. And yes, in certain matches he could play instead of Rodri or Gundogan.

There's enough opportunities for gametime with City, Pep isn't like Jose where he finds his first XI and plays it every single week.

Come on fella; Phillips doesn't have the skillset of a KDB or Silva...

He'll ONLY fill in for Rhodri or Gundoghan; maybe an emergency CB if the last HG-wonder (Ake) is unavailable.

Waking up to see another bid rejected for Mane from Bayern. An air of inevitability about it. Will be a big miss for them. Not as prolific a scorer as Salah but seems to score in the big matches which is where they’ll miss him. What’s going on with Salah as well as Firminho. I know Firminho isn’t a starter there anymore but if Liverpool were to lose all three of them, they would be hard to replace

How much do Liverpool think they are going to get offered for a 30yo who’s got 12 months left on his contract?
Welp, you gotta cash in when you can, BC, and take whatever the market will bear, right?

I, personally, think they are crazy to sell off a proven PL talent and reinvest in an unproven punt. This is crazy stuff. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Mane should've played for them til he was 50 considering what he's done for them. But apparently they like to play with live fire at that club and have no problems with being seen as a selling club. Jokes on them

edit: also, Mane can play in the Buli much later than he can play in the PL so his xfer to Bayern is more valuable to them than similar to a PL team.

Welp, you gotta cash in when you can, BC, and take whatever the market will bear, right?

I, personally, think they are crazy to sell off a proven PL talent and reinvest in an unproven punt. This is crazy stuff. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Mane should've played for them til he was 50 considering what he's done for them. But apparently they like to play with live fire at that club and have no problems with being seen as a selling club. Jokes on them

edit: also, Mane can play in the Buli much later than he can play in the PL so his xfer to Bayern is more valuable to them than similar to a PL team.

I like Mané, but 47m Euro ? For a 30yo with one year left, who’s got a lot of hard miles on the clock? Big wages too I would imagine.

I can’t remember Bayern doing a deal like this before? Can you? Maybe they’re offsetting it with a similar outgoing deal with (even older) Lewandowski going to Barca?

I bet Liverpool can’t believe their luck. That’s 17m more than they paid for Diaz, Mané’s replacement.

I like Mané, but 47m Euro ? For a 30yo with one year left, who’s got a lot of hard miles on the clock? Big wages too I would imagine.
Bayern is desperate, turned down by Haaland, aging squad with 2 defections this season after watching last seasons big defection win the CL with RM, etc.
I can’t remember Bayern doing a deal like this before? Can you? Maybe they’re offsetting it with a similar outgoing deal with (even older) Lewandowski going to Barca?
Their worst recent deal is that 80M CB from Atleti. Lewa seems to have friction with Nagelsmann so he's prolly gone.
I bet Liverpool can’t believe their luck. That’s 17m more than they paid for Diaz, Mané’s replacement.
Everything seems to come up Millhouse on these outgoing Liverpool deals, always more money than you'd expect. Gonna happen with 7M punt Minamino (sp?) in a bit. Starting to seem like it's not luck at all. And if it works out with Darwin then they won't lose a step.

Bayern is desperate, turned down by Haaland, aging squad with 2 defections this season after watching last seasons big defection win the CL with RM, etc.

Their worst recent deal is that 80M CB from Atleti. Lewa seems to have friction with Nagelsmann so he's prolly gone.

Everything seems to come up Millhouse on these outgoing Liverpool deals, always more money than you'd expect. Gonna happen with 7M punt Minamino (sp?) in a bit. Starting to seem like it's not luck at all. And if it works out with Darwin then they won't lose a step.

I meant more biggish bucks for an ageing star on the way down. Generally their business is smarter. The 80 large for Hernandez seemed like a lot at the time, and it was, but at least he was young and good.

There's no doubting Liverpool's to-ing and fro-ing has been pretty scrumptious. Every cloud though eh, they got Mane, we got a point and hide masterclass.

There's no doubting Liverpool's to-ing and fro-ing has been pretty scrumptious. Every cloud though eh, they got Mane, we got a point and hide masterclass.
I knew you'd finally come around. missed him this year didn't ya? Did you see his chances created stats? You might not have to miss him for too long...👿

Liverpool definitely paid more than 30m euros for Diaz.

Back
Top Bottom