Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we have to spend money but also don't waste it (like we did with GLC, ndombelè etc.)

Yes and we spent £50m on Romero. We have an elite manager in Conte, a war chest and a desire to back him. Strikers cost more, if Conte wants Richarlison and is happy for £60m of our budget to go to it why the issue.

God our fans moan at tight arse Levy and Lewis’s who are historically tight arses then we finally get £150m investment plus player sales plus CL money to produce a giant war chest of £250-300m and our fans becomes the Levy tight arses themselves.

Spurs fans: SPEND MONEY!!!!

Lewis: ok I will stop being a tight cunt, here you go.

Conte: Get me Richarlison, Bastoni, Eriksen, Bissouma, Paqueta, Spence, Bremer, Forster, Perisic, another RB. Cost about £250m, back me and let’s go again next season.

Spurs fans: NO, NO, NO don’t do that, Richarlison is only worth 50p, Bissouma £40m is way to much £25m no more. Plenty of players out of contract or nearly out of contract look there.

Liverpool just spent 80m on a guy far less proven than Richarlison yet we think £60m is too much. This is the mentality of a small club that hasn’t go the balls to make it big.
You had a disagree, small willy.

Last edited:
What are you going on about. You do realise that Liverpool, City spent money and will put down decent cash if they believe the player is worth it. If Richarlison is Conte’s number one target for attack and we actually have a war chest why the fuck would we not back him.

Just because we got burned by Ndombele doesn’t me the reality of football that better players generally cost more doesn’t exist we spent £50m on Romero which almost looks a bargain.

As for the transfer market just opening what the hell has that got to do with anything, that has nothing to do with my point.

According to this; so do we...... And let's be honest; fans reactions to rumoured pricetags mean very little in real terms anyway.

Are you absolutely sure Richarlison is our #1 target? We were also being linked to Jesus last week.

The point about the window just being open is that such early doors rumours don't warrant such an emotional reaction...... We've already signed 2 players so it's not like we're sat scratching our balls.

According to this; so do we...... And let's be honest; fans reactions to rumoured pricetags mean very little in real terms anyway.

Are you absolutely sure Richarlison is our #1 target? We were also being linked to Jesus last week.

The point about the window just being open is that such early doors rumours don't warrant such an emotional reaction...... We've already signed 2 players so it's not like we're sat scratching our balls.

My point is simply if we have a war chest, if Conte wants a player and he costs £60m and Conte and the club are happy for that to be put down for the player to back a truly elite manager then isn’t this what we always wanted????

I mean Lewis and Levy are finally doing what fans asked which is to be celebrated and I am for one very happy. We are never going to compete with Liverpool getting 2/3 rate options, maybe Richarlison isn’t number one, at the moment it’s just media talk but if our number one striker target is £60m and we get him then finally we can start to build a deeper squad than just a good first 11. The whole Ndombele saga has clouded peoples judged about buying top draw players.

Yes and we spent £50m on Romero. We have an elite manager in Conte, a war chest and a desire to back him. Strikers cost more, if Conte wants Richarlison and is happy for £60m of our budget to go to it why the issue.
No, let's buy another Ndombele and a Lo Celso

Funny GIF

Erm, off the top of my head

London
Champions league
Conte
Money
Not playing for Lampard

Of course in June they say to want silly money for their best player, but I think a deal like Winks + £30-35m could be made here.

I gave you a disagree for this. I've made my dislike of Richarlison very well made but that aside - if they rate him as their best player there's no way are they going to simultaneously drop their value AND over pay for Winks. Richarlison is their best player and nailed on starter. Winks is barely good enough to sit on our bench. If they have half a clue about negotiating they won't even entertain the idea of a player + cash deal and will instead deal totally separately.

God our fans moan at tight arse Levy and Lewis’s who are historically tight arses then we finally get £150m investment plus player sales plus CL money to produce a giant war chest of £250-300m and our fans becomes the Levy tight arses themselves.

Spurs fans: SPEND MONEY!!!!

Lewis: ok I will stop being a tight cunt, here you go.

Conte: Get me Richarlison, Bastoni, Eriksen, Bissouma, Paqueta, Spence, Bremer, Forster, Perisic, another RB. Cost about £250m, back me and let’s go again next season.

Spurs fans: NO, NO, NO don’t do that, Richarlison is only worth 50p, Bissouma £40m is way to much £25m no more. Plenty of players out of contract or nearly out of contract look there.

Liverpool just spent 80m on a guy far less proven than Richarlison yet we think £60m is too much. This is the mentality of a small club that hasn’t go the balls to make it big.

Sorry, but there is a huge difference between not wanting Spurs to spend money and not wanting Sours to waste money. Big, big difference.

We're talking about spending a potential club record fee (or there abouts) for a player many fans simply don't like. A player who isn't really as good as what we have starting so would be a bench player more often than not.

My point is simply if we have a war chest, if Conte wants a player and he costs £60m and Conte and the club are happy for that to be put down for the player to back a truly elite manager then isn’t this what we always wanted????

I mean Lewis and Levy are finally doing what fans asked which is to be celebrated and I am for one very happy. We are never going to compete with Liverpool getting 2/3 rate options, maybe Richarlison isn’t number one, at the moment it’s just media talk but if our number one striker target is £60m and we get him then finally we can start to build a deeper squad than just a good first 11. The whole Ndombele saga has clouded peoples judged about buying top draw players.
Liverpool didn't get to where they are by paying 70m for Richarlisons. The closest they got was paying 45m for Jota.

Erm, off the top of my head

London
Champions league
Conte
Money
Not playing for Lampard

I gave you a disagree for this. I'be made my dislike of Richarlison very well made but that aside - if they rate him as their best player there's no way are they going to simultaneously drop their value AND over pay for Winks. Richarlison is their best player and nailed on starter. Winks is barely good enough to sit on our bench. If they have half a clue about negotiating they won't even entertain the idea of a player + cash deal and will instead deal totally separately.

Sorry, but there is a huge difference between not wanting Spurs to spend money and not wanting Sours to waste money. Big, big difference.

We're talking about spending a potential club record fee (or there abouts) for a player many fans simply don't like. A player who isn't really as good as what we have starting so would be a bench player more often than not.

A bench player. Liverpool often have Jota on the bench, we cannot compete with City and Liverpool with a just a good first 11, this is what separates top teams from decent teams, actually building depth, real depth.

As for Richarlison, if Conte and the scouts rate him very highly then that is their call, I rate Richarlison much higher than Gabriel Jesus but if Jesus is what Conte demands I can live with it.

I gave you a disagree for this. I've made my dislike of Richarlison very well made but that aside - if they rate him as their best player there's no way are they going to simultaneously drop their value AND over pay for Winks. Richarlison is their best player and nailed on starter. Winks is barely good enough to sit on our bench. If they have half a clue about negotiating they won't even entertain the idea of a player + cash deal and will instead deal totally separately.
Lampard might very well disagree with you there. And if that's the case, it's perfecly possible that they value a home-grown midfielder around £20m-25m.

It's irrelevant what we as fans think of Winks.

Liverpool didn't get to where they are by paying 70m for Richarlisons. The closest they got was paying 45m for Jota.

Jota isn't a player that the majority of fans despise either. He's done what is needed of him very well and never causes any controversy.
I'd actually rather over pay for a player who isn't a shit stain. I get the hump when any of our players dive but most of them don't tend to pretend they are in agony 100% of the time. Son does need to stay on his fee more tbh. Don't really want anymore of that in my team.

They paid above £80m for Van Dijk which at the time was laughed at.
If Richarlison is the forward equivalent of VVD (i.e. one of the all time greats in the Premier League history), then it's a good deal. However, seeing as he couldn't outscore Emmanuel Dennis, I'm skeptical of that.

A bench player. Liverpool often have Jota on the bench, we cannot compete with City and Liverpool with a just a good first 11, this is what separates top teams from decent teams, actually building depth, real depth.

As for Richarlison, if Conte and the scouts rate him very highly then that is their call, I rate Richarlison much higher than Gabriel Jesus but if Jesus is what Conte demands I can live with it.

Going round in circles here
Richarlison is not a player who is going to change clubs to sit on the bench.
Jota obviously is. He comes across as a team player and a good, mature person.
Richarlison will be trouble. It would be a bad decision to sign him and use him as a squad player.

Going round in circles here
Richarlison is not a player who is going to change clubs to sit on the bench.
Jota obviously is. He comes across as a team player and a good, mature person.
Richarlison will be trouble. It would be a bad decision to sign him and use him as a squad player.

How do you know that though. Had Everton fans on this forum praising his attitude and work ethic.

If Richarlison is the forward equivalent of VVD (i.e. one of the all time greats in the Premier League history), then it's a good deal. However, seeing as he couldn't outscore Emmanuel Dennis, I'm skeptical of that.

He wasn’t at the time though, even a few Liverpool fans thought they overpaid for him including my own cousin.

Did fans quibble about how much we paid for Romero? .....Not that I recall.

Regardless, I wouldn't let it bother you to the extent of calling anyone that questions Richarlison's pricetag 'small club minded'..... I'd just assume it's more a reflection on their feelings regarding that specific player.

I doubt many would quibble if we suddenly broke the bank for (eg) Hakimi.

Last edited:
How do you know that though. Had Everton fans on this forum praising his attitude and work ethic.
He starts every game for them. It's an incomparable situation.
As people cheerily point out, he's Brazil's first pick. There's a world cup this winter (erggh, hate saying that)
Do you think he's going to sit on the bench with a smile on his face when his shot at being the focal point for Brazil is under threat?

I genuinely don't think this is a Conte high priority signing as I can see a collision course.

How about this though. Neither of us know IF we'll even sign Richarlison, let alone how it will pan out.
Let's both wait and see rather than make impossible predictions.

Emmanuel Dennis:

Games played: 33

Non penalty goals: 10

Assists: 6

Big chances created: 7

Successful dribbles: 2.1

Richarlison:

Games played: 30

Non penalty goals: 7

Assists: 5

Big chances created: 7

Successful dribbles: 1.3