Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hate that this cunt calls himself a Spurs fan and has a decent following. Constantly negative about everything the club does.

Just to follow up on this with a few thoughts. I don't mean this necessarily as a defense of Yves the person or anything like that necessarily, and I do think it's a bit unnecessary to say Nathan isn't a Spurs fan.

What I will say though is he and Windy both absolutely worship Graham Potter and think he's the most righteous person in existence (exaggerating, but you get the point). They think he's not just a great manager but just a tremendous person.

Yet, this person whose character they fawn over, has been playing Bissouma for half a season. Now though, when Spurs acquire him, it's some sort of affront to common decency?

To the actual substance of Nathan's tweet, I think you could argue it's actually the opposite of what he's saying. Bissouma has not been convicted of anything, so is it really ethical to discriminate against someone based upon a single accusation against them? Sure, it's a financial/strategic risk, but the fact that he's saying it's definitely an ethnical issue and maybe a financial/strategic one, instead of the reverse, is a bit backwards to me.

Either way, I don't think Nathan is a bad person and I do think he loves Spurs, just think he sometimes has incorrect opinions (which we're all guilty of).

Take shots this is his only flaw, he will trouble the fans more than the keeper.
Something like this?
dodgeball GIF

There was some ITK, fwiw, earlier in the window that we'd been performing lots of background checks on the off field behaviour & character of players.

Everyone interpreted this as being about Pogba, especially when it was suggested we'd turned down the chance to sign him.

But I wonder if our background checks weren't more widespread during the spring, and included Bissouma's legal situation & his entourage.

I say this because as soon as it seemed Juve indicated they were not willing to sell McKennie to us (based on ITK, I know I know) we pulled the trigger on Bissouma.

The Conte / Paratici CM list could easily have been 1 McKennie, 2 Bissouma. And we did not wait around.

If my speculation is correct, that's good work by the club in investigating the situation early. Because I would hate to think we've agreed a fee but not already done in-depth background checks into Bissouma's circumstances...
Good points.
I suspect that this potential transfer has been put before the fans to gauge their reaction. It has been mainly positive, unlike the Gattuso episode.
If the fans had screamed the gaff down I'm sure this transfer would not go through.

Someone said he was a Gooner, this true?
He grew up in Mali, a French speaking country, and later moved to France, during an era when the Gooners had a lot of French players and arguably the greatest French manager ever.

I would quite frankly be surprised if he was not a Gooner fan growing up. Like most French kids probably were at the time.

Wanted him ever since I saw this. Can't believe after all these years, we finally got him.

He grew up in Mali, a French speaking country, and later moved to France, during an era when the Gooners had a lot of French players and arguably the greatest French manager ever.

I would quite frankly be surprised if he was not a Gooner fan growing up. Like most French kids probably were at the time.
So you don’t know?

He and Mr Buttons Mr Buttons seem like the sort of people that wouldn't believe the outcome of a trial anyway. The accusation has been made so he's a rapist. Even though that's not even the accusation.
Stop putting words in my mouth. I never called him a rapist, and all I want is the investigation to clear him before we make a move. He is under investigation. Why is it bad to adhere to basic democratic principles like rule of law? If he's innocent great. If not, we didn't sign a sexual assailant.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I never called him a rapist, and all I want is the investigation to clear him before we make a move. He is under investigation. Why is it bad to adhere to basic democratic principles like rule of law? If he's innocent great. If not, we didn't sign a sexual assailant.
You are, however, saying a man who is almost certainly innocent, should have his life and career put on hold. The legal process worldwide is slow. You can disagree with me here, but I see Brighton as a wholesome club with a good reputation. I very much doubt they have ignored what's going on. They most likely did their own investigation and decided nothing will come of it. They're happy to wait it out. There's no way in hell is Levy gonna sanction that kind of signing so you have 2 levels of comfort to lean on.

The twitter idiot is just vying for clicks imo

Glad to be itk on this.
It’s pronounced “eve”. No ‘s’.

“Adam and Yves” is pronounced the same as “Adam and Eve”.

Or like Yves Saint Laurent.
Blimey, if we get Eve & Jesus, in... we already have Kane...
That's quite the Biblical trio!!!

Maybe God IS a Spurs fan after all.... and everything else before this was just a test!

You are, however, saying a man who is almost certainly innocent, should have his life and career put on hold. The legal process worldwide is slow. You can disagree with me here, but I see Brighton as a wholesome club with a good reputation. I very much doubt they have ignored what's going on. They most likely did their own investigation and decided nothing will come of it. They're happy to wait it out. There's no way in hell is Levy gonna sanction that kind of signing so you have 2 levels of comfort to lean on.

The twitter idiot is just vying for clicks imo
I respect that opinion, but we don't know if it's "most certainly". I agree with you that there might be some signs of it, yeah. But for me, that just isn't good enough. He's under investigation and I think that should be cleared first.

But we disagree and that's fair. Let's leave it at that. Thanks for the discussion 😊

There was some ITK, fwiw, earlier in the window that we'd been performing lots of background checks on the off field behaviour & character of players.... Everyone interpreted this as being about Pogba, especially when it was suggested we'd turned down the chance to sign him.

But I wonder if our background checks weren't more widespread during the spring, and included Bissouma's legal situation & his entourage.
If my speculation is correct, that's good work by the club in investigating the situation early. Because I would hate to think we've agreed a fee but not already done in-depth background checks into Bissouma's circumstances...
Alright Poirot!
agatha-christie-s-poirot-series-13_acorn.tv__2703_custom-0f4c5d23142b1afbca0ff934966f9fc35f369461.jpg

I respect that opinion, but we don't know if it's "most certainly". I agree with you that there might be some signs of it, yeah. But for me, that just isn't good enough. He's under investigation and I think that should be cleared first.

But we disagree and that's fair. Let's leave it at that. Thanks for the discussion 😊
For the record, I know someone who was accused of something he didn't do.
It was tough for him. The individual tried to blackmail him and, when he refused, they accused him of sexual assault.

It's about time the people who make these accusations are equally punished in response to the supposed crime.

For the record, I know someone who was accused of something he didn't do.
It was tough for him. The individual tried to blackmail him and, when he refused, they accused him of sexual assault.

It's about time the people who make these accusations are equally punished in response to the supposed crime.
That I totally agree with. If what you're accusing someone of can be proven to be completely bogus, then they should be punished.

Back
Top Bottom