Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For some reason I’m quite worried about the World Cup causing some serious fatigue for everyone, but Kane in particular.

Can just see Southgate driving him into the ground, and while we do seem to be seriously looking for a back up player this year, let’s not kid ourselves that Kane will still put up some serious minutes.
Relax, going by tonight’s pathetic showing we will not get out of the group stages!

Anyone else noticed the gradual change in the way Kane speaks? He's developing a very affected, lame, 'street' accent. It was highly noticeable in his cliche-ridden interview after last night's humiliating thrashing by Hungary.

I counted 23 cliches in a 2-minute interview (see from 1min 40sec, in 1st video).

However, it must be said that his microphone-twiddling has come on leaps & bounds, Gary.

For refence, here's how he used to speak...

The depth of content's very similar though!

Last edited:
No one cares when you’re scoring goals against teams like Pacos, Mura, Albania and San Marino. Hell no one cares if you’re scoring against Europa league teams. If they did care, we would have signed Carlos Vinicius to a deal as he had more goals per min played (10 goals in just 1009 mins) than any Spurs player last season.

Penalties matter less when comparing players because a penalty is a high probability/xG shot that literally anyone can convert. The average is something like a 75% conversion rate. Every top attacker gets their fair share of opportunities for tap ins, and easy 1v1s etc but only one player on a team takes penalties. That said, players that take penalties have inflated goal numbers relative to players that don’t. There is very simple and obvious reasoning as to why people omit them when comparing a player that takes them and one that doesn’t.
I know. I think we shouldnt score against anyone below us in the league or who are technically weaker than us. As for those pesky penos well we should turn them down as they dont count at all. Theres no point eh

Anyone else noticed the gradual change in the way Kane speaks? He's developing a very affected, lame, 'street' accent. It was highly noticeable in his cliche-ridden interview after last night's humiliating thrashing by Hungary.

I counted 23 cliches in a 2-minute interview (see from 1min 40sec, in 1st video).

However, it must be said that his microphone-twiddling has come on leaps & bounds, Gary.

I actually thought he spoke quite well after the match. I'm not sure we should expect in-depth analysis by the players after the game or any laureate level rubric.

I actually thought he spoke quite well after the match. I'm not sure we should expect in-depth analysis by the players after the game or any laureate level rubric.
We'll have to disagree on that one. I thought it was a 2 minute mixture of statin'-the-bleedin'-obvious and cliche.
However, it must be said that Joe Cole saw it the same as you.

:goonermong:

We'll have to disagree on that one. I thought it was a 2 minute mixture of statin'-the-bleedin'-obvious and cliche.
However, it must be said that Joe Cole saw it the same as you.

:goonermong:

Yeah, i have watched it again and its a lot of the same as we always hear.

Maybe I just liked his response to the question at the end about Southgate. Direct and supportive. Thought it was well said.

Anyway, long live Harry Kane

Why does Harry Kane get hated by so many rivals? Obviously jealousy is a major part, but there must be more to it. Regardless of what he does, records he breaks etc, he is always given stick by utter morons.

Is it a Spurs hating issue? As let’s be honest, we are clearly a club everyone seems to be obsessed with and takes the piss banter wise. If it’s not the obsession over Kane’s trophies, it’s “he only scores penalties and tap ins”. It’s absolutely pathetic.

Is it a racial issue? Seems to get a lot of stick from Woolwich African keyboard warriors on Twitter. English hating issue? But, then moron England supporters who support rival clubs also hate him.

I honestly think if his name was Kaneinho from Sao Paolo, he would be much more respected. I think the level of disrespect is disgusting. He is a normal family guy, never gets involved with anything outside of football, superb role model and one of the best strikers on the planet. Why so much hate? It’s baffling
There's a Liverpool fan on our cricket team, sound lad otherwise, who referred to him as Not My Captain during the 2018 World Cup.

It's a Scouse thing apparently, although this bloke is from Rochdale. You can tell it pains him that he wasn't born 40 miles further west so he could claim full victim privileges though.

Bloke plays too much football. Conte will limit that next season. No doubt at all.

And if we got a Richarlison for example, he would face real competition because Son can provide the goals and other players look like they are being brought in to add finesse.

He needs saving from himself at times.

My Dad reckons he’s sounding more American lately, which I don’t get 😂 I definitely think he’s had some sort of elocution lessons/speech training to make his speech impediment less obvious

My Dad reckons he’s sounding more American lately, which I don’t get 😂 I definitely think he’s had some sort of elocution lessons/speech training to make his speech impediment less obvious
Joining Welcome Home GIF

Any of our antique Yids remember any of these London accents?

:levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom