Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The thing is, there are concerns over all the 4 top candidates for the LCB spot.
Do Bastoni and Pau Torres have the toughness for the EPL (I am sure they are tough but in the EPL one needs another kind of toughness than in Seri A and La Liga)??
Then there are questions over Gvardiol's positional sense and, at around £65-70m, is he worth it?
And, Ndicka's rashness and positional sense can be exposed in the EPL .... or he ends up thriving under Conte.
I just hope the scouts are doing their job.
Bastoni has to be first pick for Conte you would think

atleast 20-25 mil cheaper than the prices being quoted for Latauro

But there's reason for that isn't there?

I think "cheaper" has been the reason why we have struggled to win fuck all over the last twenty years.

Forget the likes of Jensen, Vinicius and the like (even going back to Soldado), if we want to improve the front line then "cheaper" isn't the answer.

Levy has been down that road more often than a taxi travels around the M25.

Players are on 3 weeks holiday break post the internationals - back first week of July.

Fabio will continue to talk to agents to try to line up deals, but players are required to do the medicals and talk to Conte on their role etc.

I wonder if there will be a temporary slowing down of announcements until players return - although some (possibly Spence ?) will be so far down the line they will be completed despite player hols.

Depends on the players we are after. Some may not have been involved in internationals so those deals could be done over the next few weeks.

But there's reason for that isn't there?

I think "cheaper" has been the reason why we have struggled to win fuck all over the last twenty years.

Forget the likes of Jensen, Vinicius and the like (even going back to Soldado), if we want to improve the front line then "cheaper" isn't the answer.

Levy has been down that road more often than a taxi travels around the M25.
Yeah fair point especially when we’ve recently ‘nicked’ Benta, Kulu, Bissouma and pulled a worldie in Romero

As long as they are the correct age, go for quality over value for our next signing (especially attacker)

I’m not advocating overpaying across the board but recent signings mean we can take a gamble and go big

In:
Perisic
Forster
Bissouma
Richarlison
Spence

Out:
Rodon
Winks
Emerson
Stevie
Gio
Reggy
Tanguy lol

Excellent window. Eriksen and a CB would be icing.

No one would bid that either I don’t think. Hoj should at least be a squad player, there’s definitely room for him here. Bissouma should take Winks’ number and let him know his times up like Son took Lennon’s.

He had an outstanding season, played very well at International level, Conte loves him.

The club are not going to sell him, Winks though will be gone.

That Tweet is just click-bait and I don't give a fuck about the reputation of the original source.

If there was ever a time to sell Højbjerg, this is it. His game time will only decrease with Bissouma signed and Skipp back, so now would be the time to get max fee for him. Use the funds to invest in a new, up-and-coming talent, or maybe include Sarr in the MF rotation.

Of course that is assuming that Conte feels we can also replace the intangibles that he offers. Else it's a no-brainer.

As I have said before, we should not be afraid to sell our players, as long as we have good scouting in place to replace them. It's what the top Portuguese teams do very successfully, it's what Dortmund does, it's what Lille and Leipzig do. With a proper scouting team in place, we can do it to, if we ever do choose.

We can buy and sell a reasonable number of players any transfer window.

This window we need to deal with upgrading half a dozen positions first where we get the biggest upgrades to play in Conte's formation (eg Winks -> Bissoma).

That is the priority over selling off any other players

true.
ATM we need another midfielder because we don't know if skipp will be fit to play again next season
we can't face 4 competitions with 3 midfielders (bentancur, PEH, bissouma)
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Back
Top Bottom