Other Team Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The suspicion is he'll stay and then leave for free next summer.
He also seems mentally weak. The contract talks, AFCON etc. seems to have weighed heavily on him.

Not being funny, but he's had a very easy ride at Liverpool. Never the kind of lows that Spurs/Kane had, or even KDB with his extensive injury record in recent years and constant CL bottlejobs.

He also seems mentally weak. The contract talks, AFCON etc. seems to have weighed heavily on him.

Not being funny, but he's had a very easy ride at Liverpool. Never the kind of lows that Spurs/Kane had, or even KDB with his extensive injury record in recent years and constant CL bottlejobs.

He did get Ramos'd in 2018 tho'. :mourhandlaugh:

Definitely short in midfield IMO. Thiago spends at least half his time injured and is 31, Henderson is a decent sort who works hard but is not fabulous and is 32, Milner is an ordinary sort who is 36. I like Keita but he’s had his injury problems too. If Fabinho gets injured that midfield looks a lot less reliable.

I’m really surprised they prioritised another attacker over a quality midfielder. I know they were after Tchouameni, which would have been a very good fit. Surprised they didn’t try for another CM as a priority.

A midfield three of Fabino, Henderson and Thiago is still better than most around though, and Liverpool's strength under the Klopp years has always been the wing-backs and front three. I think they want and will get Bellingham but will probably have to wait until the following season.

I can't see past City though for the title, even more so if they sign Cucurella and Phillips who just improve their squad, on top of Haaland who every club would love.

Definitely short in midfield IMO. Thiago spends at least half his time injured and is 31, Henderson is a decent sort who works hard but is not fabulous and is 32, Milner is an ordinary sort who is 36. I like Keita but he’s had his injury problems too. If Fabinho gets injured that midfield looks a lot less reliable.

I’m really surprised they prioritised another attacker over a quality midfielder. I know they were after Tchouameni, which would have been a very good fit. Surprised they didn’t try for another CM as a priority.

Apparently they want Bellingham but with Haaland going it's unlikely Dortmund budge this season .. may just be biding their time for that deal rather than going for a lesser player, like they did with Van Djik.

Apparently they want Bellingham but with Haaland going it's unlikely Dortmund budge this season .. may just be biding their time for that deal rather than going for a lesser player, like they did with Van Djik.

In all seriousness, I think they need more than just Bellingham. That midfield needs a refresh. It plays a lot of games, a lot of important, high intensity games.

I will be surprised if they don’t ad a decent cm this summer, even if they have to wait for Bellingham.

In all seriousness, I think they need more than just Bellingham. That midfield needs a refresh. It plays a lot of games, a lot of important, high intensity games.

I will be surprised if they don’t ad a decent cm this summer, even if they have to wait for Bellingham.

Not sure about a refresh just yet. Henderson’s getting older but is still super fit & reliable, Thiago was a class act & Fabinho is well... brilliant. It’ll be hard to find players to usurp any of those 3 in the lineup, especially with Henderson’s role as a leader in the team.

I could see maybe Keita being moved on due to the injuries and someone new coming in. They’re definitely lacking a bit of quality depth .. maybe someone like McKennie? Works hard enough for Klopp and potentially adds a few goals which they’ve lacked from midfield.

Feels like Chelsea are in the shit now, the days of them getting early deals done and summer signings all ready in time for pre-season are over. Now they've got to wait and see what they can shift first before they make any moves and it's a massive step down from the Abramovich era where they could do what they wanted.

Not sure about a refresh just yet. Henderson’s getting older but is still super fit & reliable, Thiago was a class act & Fabinho is well... brilliant. It’ll be hard to find players to usurp any of those 3 in the lineup, especially with Henderson’s role as a leader in the team.

I could see maybe Keita being moved on due to the injuries and someone new coming in. They’re definitely lacking a bit of quality depth .. maybe someone like McKennie? Works hard enough for Klopp and potentially adds a few goals which they’ve lacked from midfield.

Thiago is a lovely footballer but played less than 50% of the available minutes. And when he does play he’s rarely fully fit. And there’s issues with Keita (fitness) Milner (36), Henderson (32) OC (fitness ).

They’ve got a couple of kids (Jones, Elliot) but I’m not sure if they are the answer?

They play a 3 CM system every game. They play a lot of games at high level, high intensity. That midfield is vital the way they play, with fb’s pushed up.

I think they definitely need at least one, maybe two new quality bodies in there for the foreseeable.

Feels like Chelsea are in the shit now, the days of them getting early deals done and summer signings all ready in time for pre-season are over. Now they've got to wait and see what they can shift first before they make any moves and it's a massive step down from the Abramovich era where they could do what they wanted.
Yep they were first pig in the trough. Now they have to queue, its wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom