Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honest Question: Why does he have his own thread? He's not now a Tottenham Hotspur player, and he might never be. Shouldn't this be merged with the transfer thread?

No rocker science here. . If we want Spence it's all but done. Just a few to agree.

We have stated our interest, the player wants the move and no one else is involved.

Just time on this one

Got to say I have zero idea on Spence.

The last time I wanted us to sign a right back was this bloke called Walker. He did okay! If others are as confident about Spence as I was about Walker I'm convinced.

I think that they are more likely to cave for the reasons you've mentioned.

We're signing him as a back up with potential.

If it was as a first team starter, it would have been wrapped up weeks ago.
I don't know about that. It could still have been dragging, even if he was considered a starter. It seems more to me like Gibson's head got too big all of a sudden and he fancies a toe-to-toe with Levy, just to make a point (what that point is, is beyond me). Same as Peace with Berahino and that didn't end too well for anyone. Gibson better be careful, because right now it looks like he's cutting off his nose to spite his face. Unless he's been planning on doing a U-turn at some point all along, but at least makes himself look good in the eyes of the Boro fans by later claiming that his tough negotiations got them the best deal, even though that deal may have been what Spurs originally offered.

Who the fuck knows...

He wasn't anywhere near one of their best performing players when loaned out.
Right. He then went on to be one of the best players in last season's Championship; getting picked for both the EFL Championship Team of the Season and the PFA Championship team of the season. He must have had serious issues at Boro, whatever the reason.
When does his current contract end?

I don't know about that. It could still have been dragging, even if he was considered a starter. It seems more to me like Gibson's head got too big all of a sudden and he fancies a toe-to-toe with Levy, just to make a point (what that point is, is beyond me). Same as Peace with Berahino and that didn't end too well for anyone. Gibson better be careful, because right now it looks like he's cutting off his nose to spite his face. Unless he's been planning on doing a U-turn at some point all along, but at least makes himself look good in the eyes of the Boro fans by later claiming that his tough negotiations got them the best deal, even though that deal may have been what Spurs originally offered.

Who the fuck knows...
That's a fair point.

No other club, bar Forest, are looking at him so who knows.

You talk the biggest pile of fucking wank.
Maybe you have a point....

But Warnock does rub people up the wrong way...

and prides himself on being 'old school'... And clearly revels in it...

Which is a shame, 'cos unfortunately, that 'old school' is one in which racism, misogyny, and the odd bit of child abuse was rife...

It's no school to associate yourself with, or era to pride yourself on!

But yes, I do talk wank from time to time...

Back
Top Bottom