Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn’t see this posted in here but apparently he trained today, pretty nuts. Really wonder if he plays tomorrow now…

Sounds like Woolwich are backing him so fully expect him to keep playing, at least until he’s charged.

It’s a big gamble by the club, because if he gets charged they’re going to look really bad.

We all knew Woolwich were bad but wow, they’re truly a morally bankrupt club. Scary how many of their fans are fighting in the trenches for this animal.

We all knew Woolwich were bad but wow, they’re truly a morally bankrupt club. Scary how many of their fans are fighting in the trenches for this animal.

Don't for one second think it'd be any different if it were one of our players - at the moment there is nothing concrete on this and football fans in general will defend one of theirs until there is unquestionable evidence

Don't for one second think it'd be any different if it were one of our players - at the moment there is nothing concrete on this and football fans in general will defend one of theirs until there is unquestionable evidence
Mate the Bissouma thread is full of comments and posts from those uncomfortable that we'd signed him when there was no resultion.

Bissouma had us all feeling quite nervous and he didn't have a single shred of evidence against him, not even sure he was the one accused.

With Partey now, the accusation is clear, there are three seperate incidents, and there is actual circustantial evidence against him. Given how the girl is refusing to back down in the face of public backlash, I'd not feel comfortable ignoring this.

Mate the Bissouma thread is full of comments and posts from those uncomfortable that we'd signed him when there was no resultion.

There was also posts downplaying that level of sexual assault, victim blaming and suggesting she was after money.

There are Woolwich fans that aren't defending Partey, but we will focus on those that are - same as there would be people on both sides if it were one of ours.

So have all gonner social media decided to do a "no war in ba sing se"? For such an explosive case, the only place having serious but not mud-flinging discussion is on here.

Other than the cesspit of twitter, every social media platform is ignoring it.

That's a thoughtful and reasonable way of seeing it.

But what happens if every Spurs player (or any other team) gets accused by people looking to make some cash?

To be clear I'm not implying that these are false accusations. Just pointing out how it's open to abuse.
The important thing is that the decision maker (Judge, jury, Chair or CEO of company) makes an evidence-based decision. The criminal and employment processes are underpinned by natural justice principles (the right to respond to an allegation and the right of appeal / review). Employment law requires good faith between employer and employee.
In the current Woolwich example, the NDAs will have informed their decision not to suspend as the reputational risk is contained. Now the victim has gone public, the only way for Woolwich to mitigate the risk is to suspend the player. It will start to hit them financially if they don't take this action as sponsors will walk away

So have all gonner social media decided to do a "no war in ba sing se"? For such an explosive case, the only place having serious but not mud-flinging discussion is on here.

Other than the cesspit of twitter, every social media platform is ignoring it.
Ive never used twitter or IG, and my last time on FB was about 10 years ago. Genuine and naive question: why is Twitter so much worse than other platforms?

Ive never used twitter or IG, and my last time on FB was about 10 years ago. Genuine and naive question: why is Twitter so much worse than other platforms?
People are cunts there more than anywhere else. IG and FB et al usually have family members connected etc and workmates. Twitter is still very much handles and anonymity.

I presume it’s because anyone can see anyone else’s tweet/reply to it, don’t need to be friends with said person etc

I don’t use it either but from what I’ve seen it’s an absolute cesspit

I guess cos it's less personal. People use insta to post their holiday pics, trying to get clout as a designer or whatever, and you tend to have mostly IRL friends.

Twitter is more like reddit or TFC, less family and friends and more internet shit talkers as followers. Where others are content sharing and consumption platforms twitter is more about talking and discussing. Actually having a public "discussion" on IG is not possible.

Twitter also a place for fast moving breaking news and public broadcasts of shit going down, like the war in Ukraine.

It's also easier for 12 year olds to create throwaway accounts dedicated to chatting bollocks.

bold GIF

I think it’s a sad indictment of our criminal justice system that, more than a year after these offences were said to have been committed, the alleged victim is so desperate that she feels the only way she might get justice is via the court of public opinion and social media. She should not be posting this stuff ( including discussions with Met officers about her case), but she shouldn’t need to.

Back
Top Bottom