Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it’s a sad indictment of our criminal justice system that, more than a year after these offences were said to have been committed, the alleged victim is so desperate that she feels the only way she might get justice is via the court of public opinion and social media. She should not be posting this stuff ( including discussions with Met officers about her case), but she shouldn’t need to.
Did you see her post where she said she was supported by the MET but the law tied their hands (a law now changed) and so she felt the need to speak out. This is not an indictment on the criminal system but laws (possibly Spanish laws).

Me too not at all sure why people think this some how vindicates social media in any way. The platforms have people threatening to rape and kill her. Its gross. I'd pull the plug tomorrow. The judicial and societal faillings around rape and irs prosecution are in no way mitigated by this.
I would argue that news and media standardshave continued to sharply decline in large part BECAUSE they've tried to stay relevant by competing with social media.

I would argue that news and media standardshave continued to sharply decline in large part BECAUSE they've tried to stay relevant by competing with social media.
Sped up their decline (so yes sharply) but they were on their way to the gutter anyway. Daily mails dog whistle scummy is as effective as Jack from twitter outright scummy.

I wonder if the NDA was related to a payout/settlement or if it was one of those, "If you want to date me, you have to sign an NDA covering anything that happens between us" types.

What’s fucked is the beeb have posted about it yet restricted comments.

They’ve also removed comments on other articles about the club..

Have the arse paid media to stop comments??

I wonder if his marriage had anything to do with the allegations...sounds like he got married pretty quickly, maybe advised to to get married to make it look like he's a good family man?

People rightly had a go at a few on here who made dark jokes- not the right time.

But it is not on the same level as the malicious people who have been harassing the victim personally all day- driving her even more suicidal.

There are tonnes of tweets like this, and they are all getting 100s of likes

What’s fucked is the beeb have posted about it yet restricted comments.

They’ve also removed comments on other articles about the club..

Have the arse paid media to stop comments??
The trend of news articles disabling comments is one thing (though I've often found that commenters do call out the author for their bullshit, not just daily mail type hate fests) but actual social media has been censoring this topic.

I presume it’s because anyone can see anyone else’s tweet/reply to it, don’t need to be friends with said person etc

I don’t use it either but from what I’ve seen it’s an absolute cesspit
I use twitter in terms of my work (as a journalist/communications) and there are loads of insightfulness if you follow the right accounts. But sadly there are a lot of dumb and dangerous anonymous accounts/troll/bots there as well. Better just to ignore that shit.

''Ms Bennett said things were difficult for her at home because her family supported Woolwich''

Things would be difficult at the best of times...what a shower of cunts...
In what world would it be acceptable to make things difficult for a member of your family who has potentially been raped, just because of who you support?
That has to be the single most fucked up thing regarding this entire mess.

Back
Top Bottom