Tottenham Hotspur v. Swansea (H) - The Wayne Routledge Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can see the issues that some people are having with the football we are playing at the moment, it isnt the best but it is still good. I know Swansea lost 4-1 last week to United but I watched some of the football they were playing and it was decent stuff. The scoreline very much flattered united.

I agree with Smoked that last year we had, 2 points after two games (I think?) and this time we have 6, going into a NLD and then Norwich at home afterwards. This is still within the transfer window too. Once that is closed and we have gotten rid of the uncertainty within the dressing room we may look a little more settled. (I feel crazy saying that, after two wins...)

Onwards and upwards guys.

One thing I am in no doubt about is The scum are shitting themselves.

I can see the issues that some people are having with the football we are playing at the moment, it isnt the best but it is still good. I know Swansea lost 4-1 last week to United but I watched some of the football they were playing and it was decent stuff. The scoreline very much flattered united.

I agree with Smoked that last year we had, 2 points after two games (I think?) and this time we have 6, going into a NLD and then Norwich at home afterwards. This is still within the transfer window too. Once that is closed and we have gotten rid of the uncertainty within the dressing room we may look a little more settled. (I feel crazy saying that, after two wins...)

I honestly believe they played better against United then they did against us (and the stats back that up). United were just more clinical. They really didn't play that well actually, United I mean.

Last edited:
soldado+goal.gif

Did anyone else despise the fact that they made the content on the Jumbotron in a 16:9 aspect ratio? I thought it looked stupid. For years they have used 4:3, cause the screen is of that size, and its been fine. Suddenly its just different and all smaller and stuff.. And the pregame 'show' was just rubbish..

Agree, for 90 minutes we need to get behind the team and will them on.

I fucking wish mate. Truth is, while I'll always love watching Tottenham, I absolutely hate and resent Park Lane nowadays. My throat hurts from today, but it was silent around me. A disgrace, the same as the library.

Not seen it yet and therefore can't comment properly on the game but was glad to see Townsend played today and, by all accounts, did well. An extra option on the wings is always welcome, especially given the dearth of competition that Lennon has faced in recent seasons.

Anyway, it seems like we're not firing on all cylinders but we're still winning and sitting pretty for now. If we can perform but have more players coming in and gelling and settling to follow...

I believe in AVB. I believe in Baldini. I believe in Levy. I believe in Tottenham Hotspur.

I'm hitting the sack but if you all want to share a bit of a laugh with me, my Dad visited me from America today and teased me about Spurs relentlessly before the match. He's a Man City fan. BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I expected an argument about whether Townsend dived for the penalty...that little cunty commentator Sturridge obviously thought so...but I think there was contact, albeit not much.

I fucking wish mate. Truth is, while I'll always love watching Tottenham, I absolutely hate and resent Park Lane nowadays. My throat hurts from today, but it was silent around me. A disgrace, the same as the library.

Just back home. It was noisy as fuck where I was.

didn't rate Chadli so much and we are crying out for a playmaker, Bale anyone?

Townsend dat Townsend doe.

He is special.

Good to meet you mate.

Totally agree. Just got back from the game, and apart from the pub before hand the day was like watching paint dry. With risk of another sin binning, I feel the Portuguese idiot has lost the plot. We do nothing to feed the striker, and to be honest I can see that lot up the road giving us another stuffing next week.

AVB OUT
TWAT

I actually think we're already playing a lot better football than what was served up last season. More fluid, more joined-up, more threat being offered across the whole team.

I didn't see the game today as I am sunning it up in Turkey (blatant). However even without watching the game it is fairly obvious that there is absolutely no need for these ridiculous knee jerk reactions.

By the sounds of it, we created a pretty decent number of chances today, especially in the first half. I agree that we lack a bit of creativity through the middle of the park but that doesn't mean we don't create anything. On top of that fact, we are actively seeking to strengthen our squad and a creative player or two are probably top of our list.

People also seem to forget that we scored 5 from open play in midweek, albeit against a poor Tbilisi side but you can only beat what is in front of you.

I also think that if Jermain Defoe was in Soldado's boots right now a number of people would be blaming him rather than the lack of creativity. That isn't to say it's Soldado's fault, it is to say that some of you are very fickle.

From what I have seen so far this season, we are fairly well set. A few more signings wouldn't go a miss; Chiriches, Lamela and Eriksen would pacify my needs.

I've been mighty impressed with Capoue, Paulinho looks as if he could be a real asset. Soldado is gonna score goals no doubt. Chadli looks solid so far but nothing special yet, early days I guess.

Oh and @ TheLutonYid TheLutonYid it's would have, could have and should have not would of, should of and could of.

Did anyone else despise the fact that they made the content on the Jumbotron in a 16:9 aspect ratio? I thought it looked stupid. For years they have used 4:3, cause the screen is of that size, and its been fine. Suddenly its just different and all smaller and stuff.. And the pregame 'show' was just rubbish..

So you list of gripes from today:

1. No service to Bob.
2. No CAM.
3. Wingers were shit.
4. Lloris can't kick straight.
5. We played three CDM.
6. Both goals from the first two games came from pens.
7. In stadium TV was the wrong aspect ratio (the fuck?)

Have I missed anything?

Right bundle of larfs ain't ya?

Back
Top Bottom