Tottenham Hotspur v. Swansea (H) - The Wayne Routledge Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, it's just some people struggling with the concept of a continental winger, all the classic 4-4-2-ists couldn't get their head around why he wasn't bombing down the wing getting chalk on his boots.

Probably the same people who sang "He plays on the left".....then lauded AVB for playing Bale centrally

Can't help but wonder, after we get the 'playmaker' who will we need then?

One more striker..I cant see Ade staying to be honest which is a shame because Id like to see him provide for Soldado.
Id keep Defoe and (never though Id say it, or they will never sell) but a cheeky bid for Lambert?

Certainly is

tumblr_m4jnoucXGF1ruj35mo1_250.gif

Always made me laugh that film with Megan Fox and Amanda Sefried. It was meant to be Foxs' big sexy break out and by the end I had forgotten she was in it but was madly in love with Seyfried

Chadli played ok, but was blowing out his arse by the end. Like Soldado and Paulinho, he doesn't seem fully up to speed/fit enough for the Prem yet. All are getting there though.

At the risk of agreeing with TLY, the big screens were fucked yesterday. The interview with Hoddle at half-time played like a pre-DSL video, screen-tears and buffering issues all over the place.

If football was just about wining, I wouldn't watch it. There has to be some entertainment value, and over the last year (with exception to Bale) we have been lacking it.

We have scraped through two relatively simple fixtures, and next week we are playing our greatest rivals, who despite a bad first game are now looking pretty good. I wish next Sunday's fixture had come a little later.

Anyone else miss first 30 mins cause their new ST entry card didn't work ?
No. Mine didn't work (not a ST, just Lilywhite) when it got scanned so the bloke just entered it manually and made kick-off. There were queues at most turnstiles though so there was obviously a big problem somewhere.

First opportunity to post since being back from the game,

Our midfield three were incredible, broke up everything, and Capoue was everywhere. Paulinho looks like a really bright prospect as well. Read earlier on here someone not rating Dembele, but I couldn't disagree more. He held everything in place, and you could see we lost a lot of stability as soon as he was substituted, mind you the game was never really out of reach.

Yesterday did how ever really emphasise the need for a creative midfielder. We probably have the most industrial midfield in the league and its the strongest I think we've ever been there, that I can remember anyway. But the problem is Soldado never got really brought into the game, he was constantly moving and creative space but really wasn't getting the service he should be. If you spend £26m on a striker you need to get him the ball.

Overall great day and a fantastic performance, really excited for the rest of the season!

We have scraped through two relatively simple fixtures, and next week we are playing our greatest rivals, who despite a bad first game are now looking pretty good. I wish next Sunday's fixture had come a little later.
I'm not delighted about playing that lot this soon into the season, as i'd prefer to get the new players a bit more settled, but they're still playing with same shower of cunts as last season, so hopefully won't be a problem.

I'm not delighted about playing that lot this soon into the season, as i'd prefer to get the new players a bit more settled, but they're still playing with same shower of cunts as last season, so hopefully won't be a problem.

Yeah I'd rather play them now before they sign Villa, Rooney, Suarez, Higuain, Benzema, Di Maria, Jovetic, Gustavo, Bernard, Flamini

Back
Top Bottom