Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep, I was talking about how he'll start next games. As I said, it could go either way but it's highly possible that he doesn't change starting formation just yet.

Why would he?

I totally see the need to approach specific games differently (eg 3xMFs against Chelsea!), but what he's been doing has been working the majority of the time (including City & Liverpool)..... Now we have the ability to bring better quality and attributes from the bench, I'm more than happy to see a jacked-up, further refined version of last season's Conte-ball.

Last edited:
Why would he?

I totally see the need to approach specific games differently (eg 3xMFs against Chelsea!), but what he's been doing has been working the majority of the time..... Now we have the ability to bring better quality and attributes from the bench, I'm more than happy to see a jacked-up, further refined version of last season's Conte-ball.

Agree.

Perhaps the solution is to bring in a press resistant midfielder that can also play further up the pitch.

You can imagine what an advantage we would have if a Chelsea overload the MF only to have one of our MFs consistently breaking the press.

Agree.

Perhaps the solution is to bring in a press resistant midfielder that can also play further up the pitch.

You can imagine what an advantage we would have if a Chelsea overload the MF only to have one of our MFs consistently breaking the press.
We should sign Bissouma, in that case. :p

Agree.

I want to see a fully-firing Bissouma SO bad!

The simplest tactical option for Conte is probably to keep 3-4-3 as Plan A, but also work in training on 3-5-2 as Plan B, with 2 of Kane, Richarlison & Son playing through the middle.

That's much less risky than switching to a back 4, where all the defenders have significantly different responsibilities, as we saw with the chavs overloading Davies for their second goal because both our CBs over compensated to the right.

In that 3-5-2, Deki is probably the first choice RWB, which would need a lot of coaching on his defensive responsibilities. LWB is Perisic, with Sess as back up, so no change there.

We would then potentially need a dynamic box-to-box CM to complement our existing 4 CMs. In this context the renewed link to Sergej Milinkovic-Savic makes perfect sense. And if we can't get him, I wouldn't be surprised to see Paratici try to prise McKennie out of Juve.

Our 3 CMs would then be selected from Bissouma, Bentancur, PEH, Skipp & either SMS or McKennie. It's possible Deki could also play centrally as the more attacking of a 3.

That Plan A needs works as well though.

And a hell of a lot more support from both the wide midfield positions and one of the top three. They need to see when we're being overrun.
I think we saw the limitations of our midfield against Chelsea and Sess/Emerson is probably not good enough yet to go up against the top teams.

We still need that creator in the midfield and another quality defender.

So, if you Spurs/Conte you would get off this easily.

Rule E3 relates specifically to post-match comments, Conte didn't say a word about the ref, whereas Tuchel clearly did.

Rule E3 also mentions social media comments.

The case for Tuchel "attacking the official's integrity" seems strong.

I'm wondering if Conte is being charged for the instagram post suggesting he would have tripped Tuchel if he'd seen the embarrassing canter down the touchline.

----------------------------

The following types of public media comment, including on social networking websites, may
be considered to be in breach of FA Rule E3:
Comments which are improper, which bring the game into disrepute, which are threatening,
abusive, indecent or insulting.
Comments about match officials which imply bias, attack the officials’ integrity or which are
personally offensive in nature

You underestimate how much his touchline antics help us.

Whilst I don't think it'll ultimately make a difference results wise. If he is banned from the pitch over the next one or two games, we may certainly feel it at stages during the games.

Rule E3 also mentions social media comments.

The case for Tuchel "attacking the official's integrity" seems strong.

I'm wondering if Conte is being charged for the instagram post suggesting he would have tripped Tuchel if he'd seen the embarrassing canter down the touchline.

----------------------------

The following types of public media comment, including on social networking websites, may
be considered to be in breach of FA Rule E3:
Comments which are improper, which bring the game into disrepute, which are threatening,
abusive, indecent or insulting.
Comments about match officials which imply bias, attack the officials’ integrity or which are
personally offensive in nature

If they deem Conte post on IG as improper or bring the game into disrepute, threatening etc then we can all go home now.

I'd say it's absolutely clear, for both men, that they loved their spat. But one thing for sure is Conte hasn't mentioned the refs or the decisions. He also didn't even want to talk about the incident in any of his post-match interviews. The only thing I saw was if someone is aggressive to him, he responds with aggressivity back.

Also would be interesting to see just how many times FA are going to allow constant violations of conduct that are issued to them multiple times every single year before they say there is a pattern here and something must be done about it as fines are clearly not working.

Back
Top Bottom