Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very disappointed Conté didn't drop the whingeing German in it. The foul language Tuchel made and the unsporting behaviour throughout deserved comment from Conté. the fake news (BBC, etc) were quick to minimalise the worst managerial display in recent memory and try and make out Chelski were hard done by??!!

Since I'm currently in the countryside I only managed to get a few seconds of freezed frames out of my stream yesterday, and now that Serie A has started I'll be able to follow you guys less.

Even so, I then watched some highlights and read some post-match comments to get an idea. From what I gathered, you didn't play well and Conte was once again beaten quite clearly. You still grabbed a point and, more importantly, robbed Chelsea of two.

And I think Conte could go either way from this game, because he's not incapable of change but he's also very, very stubborn. So he usually changes only after crushing defeats, even if it would be better to do so earlier; a bit like his substitutions.

I honestly can't see you winning the title, just because Conte usually isn't 100% perfect during his campaigns and so he wins when his rivals make some mistakes. So, with City being pretty much spotless in these couple years, I can't see it happening. If they were a little bit more unsure, I could see you grabbing that minimal chance he normally needs to pounce on it. I'll obviously will be very happy if you manage to do it by some miracle, but it would really be the most difficult race he's won so far as a manager.
The two slightly superior teams still have problems, Liverpool got off to a bad start and will have Manchester United in the next round. Impeccable Manchester City will have to do something better in the Champions League than the holes in the water of recent years in the face of pharaonic expenses.
Chelsea and Totthenam will be close to Woolwich trying to grow. I wouldn't bother with miracles when it comes to Antonio Conte and Totthenam but simply work, work, work. Then it is clear: having Fate in favor is a prerogative.

The two slightly superior teams still have problems, Liverpool got off to a bad start and will have Manchester United in the next round. Impeccable Manchester City will have to do something better in the Champions League than the holes in the water of recent years in the face of pharaonic expenses.
Chelsea and Totthenam will be close to Woolwich trying to grow. I wouldn't bother with miracles when it comes to Antonio Conte and Totthenam but simply work, work, work. Then it is clear: having Fate in favor is a prerogative.
I agree regarding Liverpool but, given that I'm talking about the Premier League title, City's Champions League form doesn't concern me. They've yet to make a misstep in the PL. That's obviously no excuse for slacking or not trying; if they make even a single error Tottenham has to be right at their heels ready to pounce.

I mean you could argue he should have subbed Sonny for Perisic right after our 1st goal, but I think he wanted to wait a bit to see if we had the momentum to go and grab another with Son on the field. Unfortunately the risk didn’t work out and the defence got exposed in a back 4 again. Luckily he noticed this and made the change back to 3-4-3 right after Chelsea’s 2nd goal.

Bottom line - Perisic and Bissouma need to start next game
Just watched the Conte Cam and you can see that Bissouma and Perisic were planned to come on before Chelsea scored their second goal. He was going to switch back to 3-4-3 before Chelsea scored, unfortunately we couldn’t hang on for one more play.

Just watched the Conte Cam and you can see that Bissouma and Perisic were planned to come on before Chelsea scored their second goal. He was going to switch back to 3-4-3 before Chelsea scored, unfortunately we couldn’t hang on for one more play.

Yeh, I didn't notice this at the time..... Was sat crying out for a second re-jig whilst watching though.

I agree regarding Liverpool but, given that I'm talking about the Premier League title, City's Champions League form doesn't concern me. They've yet to make a misstep in the PL. That's obviously no excuse for slacking or not trying; if they make even a single error Tottenham has to be right at their heels ready to pounce.
Absolutely agree but also Maestro Guardiola is starting to have pressure. He has been at Man City since 2016 and has also suffered embarrassing eliminations in CL (I remember one against Monaco bordering on ridicule). This year with Haaland he has to do something more.

Conte, on the other hand, will focus a lot on PL and I think it will be a problem for everyone. I close with Liverpool: when Klopp wins he is very nice and affable. I've been seeing him a bit nervous lately ... maybe his team has some difficulties.

Rule E3 also mentions social media comments.

The case for Tuchel "attacking the official's integrity" seems strong.

I'm wondering if Conte is being charged for the instagram post suggesting he would have tripped Tuchel if he'd seen the embarrassing canter down the touchline.

----------------------------

The following types of public media comment, including on social networking websites, may
be considered to be in breach of FA Rule E3:
Comments which are improper, which bring the game into disrepute, which are threatening,
abusive, indecent or insulting.
Comments about match officials which imply bias, attack the officials’ integrity or which are
personally offensive in nature

Good point. I don't know of anything else Antonio said or did after the final whistle that could be in breach of any rules. However, he was red carded before that tweet, and I'd assumed that the FA charge related to the red card?

If the charge does relate just to the red card, by all that is right and true, he should be found innocent of any charge, because he did nothing wrong (except maybe the alleged repeated 'fuck off' lol) - in fact he was clearly the innocent victim of a man who would not let go of him!!!!!

Wonder where he would rate in the grand scheme of things, he's got to be down there with Santini right?

Tiers:

Conte, Poch, Jol, Redknapp (improved the results/the club’s status, mostly enjoyable football)

AVB, Ramos*, Hoddle (False Dawns but did no long term damage to the club)

Sherwood, Santini, Mourinho, Nuno (crap football/ bad for my mental health, or actively harmed the status of the club).

That said, compared with peak Mourinho's slide down the Old Trafford line, Tuchel's gangly canter was utterly embarrassing. He deserves a 10 match ban just for that.

Whilst our players will be watching clips of Conte squaring up to Tuchel and luvving it.
I thought he was applying for the Ministry of Silly Walks.

good morning ministry GIF by Fresh Interactive

Unfortunately, I think the perceived threat of violence (that’s how the pen pushers at the FA will interpret it), means it’s a slam dunk conviction on the charge of bringing the game into disrepute.

You know what though? It’s all worth it!

Back
Top Bottom