Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FaSBKCCWQAg4iH1

Not a chance he retires from England duty early at any point. Seen a few interviews where it's very clear that playing for his country makes him extremely proud. He'll just want to keep going for as long as he possibly can.

Elite level striker and footballer but a very poor competitor.

I would prefer he had less overall quality but the mentality and drive of someone like Louis Suarez.

Both him and Son for all of their qualities, they lack that winning at all cost mentality and this is one of the main reason why we have won nothing in years.

We have and have had way too many players with that similar mentality over the years and Pochettino was the biggest loser of them all.
The problem that Kane and Son (and increasingly Kulusevski) face is that at least one defender is told to stray not more that 5m from them. Often it's two or three within 15m.

You can almost hear the opposition's team talk, "stop Kane and Son and we have a chance". However now we have goals coming from a variety of sources - something that we've not had for 2 or 3 seasons.

You can't praise Son and Kane highly enough with their strike rate and this level of attention from the opposition.

BTW, are you sure that you're Spurs?

When you think about Premier League greats up front, the likes of Shearer, Aguero and even Drogba to be fair to him. They were all fantastic goal-scorers but none of them had Kane's overall toolset. The ability to drop deep and thread through balls, or ping 30 or 40 yard passes out wide. The only player that comes close to his all round game is Benzema, who is one of the best of his generation. It will be fantastic when we get to the stage of winning things under Conte, as that's the only stick supporters of other clubs, oh, and village idiot KaneDomBadBoy, have to beat him with. That he hasn't won anything.

Last edited:
When you think about Premier League greats up front, the likes of Shearer, Aguero and even Drogba to be fair to him. They were all fantastic goal-scorers but none of them had Kane's overall toolset. The ability to drop deep and thread through balls, or ping 30 or 40 yard passes out wide. The only player that comes close to his all round game is Benzema, who is one of the best of his generation. It will be fantastic when we get to the stage of winning things under Conte, as that's the only stick supporters of other clubs, oh, and village idiot KaneDomBadBoy, have to beat him with. That he hasn't won anything.
Hey Beech Beech / TylerB

Just FYI, Gazza is 10x the player Gerrard ever was. So is Kane. So suck it.

Stop going on random football forums and getting yourself booted by trying to spread your Liverpool agenda.

:nunothumb:

nFyVWo0.jpg

All good points but the argument on Kane that I have held is that in.the BIGGEST games he hasn't shown up

In my opinion it's changing and if we get to a final or close this season It's my belief that under Conte we will see what Pochettino wasn't quite able to coax into or out of Kane

But having players like Richarlison and Perisic in particular will help so much because one does not give a sh!t about any opponent nd the other has won things. Just look at their impact on Sunday to see how it can play out.

I think I'm right, we shall see of course but I think the difference, not so much in his ability but in Kane's mentality is clear.

All good points but the argument on Kane that I have held is that in.the BIGGEST games he hasn't shown up

In my opinion it's changing and if we get to a final or close this season It's my belief that under Conte we will see what Pochettino wasn't quite able to coax into or out of Kane

But having players like Richarlison and Perisic in particular will help so much because one does not give a sh!t about any opponent nd the other has won things. Just look at their impact on Sunday to see how it can play out.

I think I'm right, we shall see of course but I think the difference, not so much in his ability but in Kane's mentality is clear.

I agree he perhaps needs to have that one final or semi-final moment where he's the difference. I'll forgive him somewhat for the two finals he has played in though for different reasons. Against Liverpool he wasn't fit, and when Kane isn't at or very close to 100% he can be really bad, and the one against Italy, England bottled it and were poor collectively. If you don't create for him or get him on the ball to create then there's only so much he can do.

I agree he perhaps needs to have that one final or semi-final moment where he's the difference. I'll forgive him somewhat for the two finals he has played in though for different reasons. Against Liverpool he wasn't fit, and when Kane isn't at or very close to 100% he can be really bad, and the one against Italy, England bottled it and were poor collectively. If you don't create for him or get him on the ball to create then there's only so much he can do.
And you were celebrating when Liverpool beat Spurs in the Champions League final and sucking off Klopp in other football forums. Yeah, you got caught there as well.

:llorishowudoin:

NKK3dUc.jpg

8gITzQR.jpg

True, but worth remembering that Shearer never did anything in a semi or final of note.

But I do agree generally. The greats tend to make the difference.

True, but worth remembering that Shearer never did anything in a semi or final of note.

But I do agree generally. The greats tend to make the difference.
i doubt shearer is seen as a great in italy, spain or germany. the real greats are seen as greats worldwide.

lets be honest shearer scored a lot of premier league goals when it was a much weaker league. when he was banging in goals, the prem was seen as inferior to la liga, serie A and probably the bundesliga too.

Back
Top Bottom