Nottingham Forest VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 28th August 2022. City Ground 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not going to call Forest "mugs". They've already made a good start to the season in the face of some difficult fixtures and, unlike many newly promoted clubs, they're making a proper go of it instead of preparing to go straight back down. Steve Cooper is doing a great job and West Ham have already demonstrated that the City Ground will not be an easy place to go this season.

We shouldn't under-estimate them.

Totally! Conte is too cautious plus we don’t even have the players to play the system he wants even after the summer purchase. Which for some reason he doesn’t even want to play and gives them 5 minutes. He needs to win a trophy with his tactics otherwise we are one of the worst teams to watch in the PL. EVeryone one I know who is not a spurs fan says this is not how spurs play. Yet some on here think this super manager whose tactics are not far removed from Pulis or big San thinks his goods gift. Long for the days when Harry’s team or poch”s team went for the jugular.
So you'd have done better than 7 points from those first 3 games, would you? Why the hell didn't they appoint you instead of Conte? You'd have beaten Chelsea and scored a hatful against Wolves and we'd be top of the league, instead of languishing down in the terrible 3rd equal where we find ourselves now.

Fuck Levy - he shoulda known.

Totally! Conte is too cautious plus we don’t even have the players to play the system he wants even after the summer purchase. Which for some reason he doesn’t even want to play and gives them 5 minutes. He needs to win a trophy with his tactics otherwise we are one of the worst teams to watch in the PL. EVeryone one I know who is not a spurs fan says this is not how spurs play. Yet some on here think this super manager whose tactics are not far removed from Pulis or big San thinks his goods gift. Long for the days when Harry’s team or poch”s team went for the jugular.
Hmm who should we trust? One of the worlds top managers or guy that doesn’t know what paragraphs are?

I'm not going to call Forest "mugs". They've already made a good start to the season in the face of some difficult fixtures and, unlike many newly promoted clubs, they're making a proper go of it instead of preparing to go straight back down. Steve Cooper is doing a great job and West Ham have already demonstrated that the City Ground will not be an easy place to go this season.

We shouldn't under-estimate them.
Steve Cooper potentially a v good manager but that Spam match? Spammers easily had the better of it even though their last 10 matches has been relegation form

Wins - at Norwich (!)
Draws - Burnley (h), City (h)
Losses - 7

Over the season that's 19 pts and bye bye

The only trouble with all these suggested tweaks to the starting line-up is you know what happens - we play like a bunch of strangers and then he has to bring 'the cavalry' on in the 2nd half, just to save the game.

I say start with the normal line-up, then mix it up in the second half, but earlier than has been the case lately. Bissouma & Richie could be very effective if brought on at 60 mins.
We need to start integrating the other players though so they don’t look like strangers later in the season.

I understand the concerns about needing to bring on the first XI players in the past, but they point now is the rotation options are MUCH improved. We’re talking about rotating in the likes of Richarlison, Bissouma and Lenglet.

This is a CLASSIC fixture, one that us Old School lot can't wait for....
...and one with plenty of history..

Looking forward to it....
(As long as we win!!)

No chance of an away ticket these days (despite having a season ticket) but done this as an away day a few times when non-members and members could easily get in away ends. Great ground, great city.

Even went for a friendly once, not many will have seen this chap play for Spurs

Some people's poof reading is terrible.

Treemendous news. Wood mean they will be a bit tired on Sunday.
Wood it?

wood satisfying GIF

Sunday, Wednesday Saturday means we will have to rotate. West Ham have started poorly but will be up for us and I see that as the danger fixture of the next 3.

Rest Son, bring him in late v Forest and hope he opens his account.

If we keep playing the same CM and WB for these three games I can see injuries.

If Conte will not rotate the squad this week then that sends a message that he isn’t happy with the options.

Wolves sign Guedes and Nunes and put them straight in, only Ivan has made a start for us and that was game 3. Bissouma and Richarlison need a start.

Back
Top Bottom