The Sack Race

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The clock must be starting to tick loudly at Newcastle. I can't imagine those owners putting up with these results for long.

They're as good as in the bottom half. They will be by the time this weekend's fixtures have all been played.

One win on the opening day!

All bets are off Rodgers surely.
Both, Rogers & Cooper, are exactly the right managers needed to get a relegated team straight back up.

I would price-in relegation with an eye on keeping these two in order to bounce right back.

You'd struggle to replace them with better alternatives.

The clock must be starting to tick loudly at Newcastle. I can't imagine those owners putting up with these results for long.

They're as good as in the bottom half. They will be by the time this weekend's fixtures have all been played.

One win on the opening day!
Just seen little Eddie Howe walking across my Television screen. Prick. He’s not Woolwich, but he looks like Woolwich, probably smells like Woolwich and has the disturbing wiff of mouldy aftershave that I think of Woolwich fans favouring.

One win in 7 games and Newcastle are still being pumped in the media as a “big” club. Anyone would think that unlimited money = favoured press. Surely not.

And did I mention Eddie Howe is a prick ? He’s not even “little” but he looks little - and he looks Woolwich little.

Just seen little Eddie Howe walking across my Television screen. Prick. He’s not Woolwich, but he looks like Woolwich, probably smells like Woolwich and has the disturbing wiff of mouldy aftershave that I think of Woolwich fans favouring.

One win in 7 games and Newcastle are still being pumped in the media as a “big” club. Anyone would think that unlimited money = favoured press. Surely not.

And did I mention Eddie Howe is a prick ? He’s not even “little” but he looks little - and he looks Woolwich little.
He'll turn up in a bag somewhere, in kit form.

I'm glad that it's Soopermikarteta that's there and not the prick though

Rodgers would be decent for Newcastle, tends to do well for a couple seasons and would get them in the upper half of the table, ready for someone to take them the next step.

Looks like Brighton have got their new man:

I was hoping they'd get Poch but this doesn't seem like a bad option. Good record with smaller Serie A teams and some success in the Ukrainian league. Similar background to Graham Potter in that he appears to have learned his trade in the outposts of world football. I hope he has the talent to inspire the Seagulls to bigger and better things as I hoped Poch would have done.

Seen Steve Cooper doing the rounds he may not last the international break, he is a top manager, the same tier as Graham Potter for me
Will be nuts if he is sacked. My hairdresser is a Forest fan so always end up talking about football. The fight to get back into the Premier League has been a long, hard one. it's hard to believe a manager could achieve promotion when so many fans never thought it would happen and get sacked after 7 games. They are 2 points from safety and 3 points from 13th place. What did the owners expect at this point of the season?

Forest have certainly given some teams a game this season, including us.

Will be nuts if he is sacked. My hairdresser is a Forest fan so always end up talking about football. The fight to get back into the Premier League has been a long, hard one. it's hard to believe a manager could achieve promotion when so many fans never thought it would happen and get sacked after 7 games. They are 2 points from safety and 3 points from 13th place. What did the owners expect at this point of the season?

Forest have certainly given some teams a game this season, including us.

They're looking like massive candidates to go down, they already lost at home to Bournemouth and Fulham and conceded 17 goals whilst spending £200m, they didn't spend that money to go straight back down so I don't see him lasting that long unless he turns the form around, doubt their chairman cares about sentiment when he's splashed a fortune on players.

Looks like Brighton have got their new man:

I was hoping they'd get Poch but this doesn't seem like a bad option. Good record with smaller Serie A teams and some success in the Ukrainian league. Similar background to Graham Potter in that he appears to have learned his trade in the outposts of world football. I hope he has the talent to inspire the Seagulls to bigger and better things as I hoped Poch would have done.
De Zerbi is absolutely class. He was the guy that I wanted when we appointed Nuno. If he does well at Brighton he's going to be lined up for one of the big 6 in 2-3 years.

Back
Top Bottom