The Sack Race

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sean Dyche had them punching well above their weight for years with minimal investment. Barely a village side when it comes to support. Some crooked buggers have taken significant money out of the club.

Bournemouth will probably hire a low block dino manager to try and shithouse survival. They don’t have the squad to actually play football.
FbZcUuSWAAI37gu

The cardigan waits for no man.

The clock must be starting to tick loudly at Newcastle. I can't imagine those owners putting up with these results for long.

They're as good as in the bottom half. They will be by the time this weekend's fixtures have all been played.

One win on the opening day!
Just seen little Eddie Howe walking across my Television screen. Prick. He’s not Woolwich, but he looks like Woolwich, probably smells like Woolwich and has the disturbing wiff of mouldy aftershave that I think of Woolwich fans favouring.

One win in 7 games and Newcastle are still being pumped in the media as a “big” club. Anyone would think that unlimited money = favoured press. Surely not.

And did I mention Eddie Howe is a prick ? He’s not even “little” but he looks little - and he looks Woolwich little.

Henry is just another case of a club thinking "oh he was a great player, he must become a great manager!"

So many clubs don't realize that it's two completely different skill sets.

It seemingly is that more often than not, "Great" players don't become great managers, it seems more so that simply "Good" players do.
Read an in depth article years back, not on football but mostly basketball and NFL(around the time Jordan was beginning floundering as an exec in the NBA), on the subject. One of the biggest conclusions after all the interviews and autopsies of the careers of great player turned failed managers/coaches was that they lacked the ability to communicate effectively and relate to their players.

Not "arm around the shoulder" mind, but in coaching on topic techniques, strategy, and ideas. For the greatest players so many things are natural, they're done reflexively and without thought. They do the fundamental things so very simply, that it allows them to devote their energy to a level of skill that all but the greatest will never be able to reach. They're frustrated easily by other players', who don't possess the immense talent, inability to do things they feel should be second nature but can't effectively explain because they've never had to think about them...they've just always done it.

Mediocre to good players, by way of comparison, have had to work incredibly hard at everything. They've had to think deeply about tactics and hone in on ways of perfecting technique because they didn't have the talent or physical tools to just show up and play. And, often, they've had to work on their teaching ability either by way of massive extra work with an eager assistant coach or by teaching themselves - because everyone else knew they didn't have great talent or physical ability...therefore they were expendable, if they make it they make it and if not they can fuck off back home.

It's why I think Mason will make an incredible manager one day. It's why I don't think Eriksen ever will.

This will be another Alan Curbishley/Charlton situation where they didn't understand how good they had it. Silly Burnley.

If true respect. I have no issue if he takes a none rival job like City or United or someone after all we let him go. But if it’s true he won’t go Chelsea either as well as Woolwich then he clearly does have good respect for the fans.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom