The Sack Race

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair, Pulis and fat Sam guarantee at least 17th place. Fuck knows why they hire Pardew though
Not sure this is true anymore. Pulis this year was unable to rely on his traditional "field six centrebacks and nick one off a set piece" schtick. I think the average talent and coaching level in the league is now high enough that you have to be better than that.

You need a coach with enough tactical nous to be able to defend in a functioning system, and then attack in an organized way as well. Some players/dressing rooms may resist this a bit (ie Palace under de Boer), but I think the reality is you can't fake it anymore in the PL.

Enter the King

Sour faced wanker.

For all reasons stated throughout this thread Hughes has become a pet hate of mine.

Irrational, as it has no bearing on my world (granted) but I'm fuming at S'oton for giving this hack yet ANOTHER crack of the whip.

Pulis PL
Games 322
Wins 98 (30.4%)
Draws 93
Losses 131 (40.6 %)
Goals for 319
Goals against 415
GD -96

Pardew
Wins 109 (34%)
Draws 68
Loses 141 (44.3%)
Goals for 386
Goals against 474
GD -88

Allardyce
Wins 171 (33.9%)
Draws 135
Losses 198 (39.2%)
Goals for 597
Goals against 689
GD -92

Hughes (win 34% loss 38% GD -53) and the 3 above all have higher loss percentages than win.
All have higher goals against figures than goals for.
Hughes is just slightly better.

Feels to me for the last 10 years Pulis, Hodsgon, Pardew, Allardyce and Hughes have all been swapping shit teams as part of some weird musical chairs game.

The fact they still keep getting work in the Premier League is beyond me and quite frankly shameful towards younger and up-and-coming managers

I hope Hughes keeps them up at the expense of West Ham though.
Nothing would be better than seeing West Ham get relegated.

The only problem is they play City when they probably have won the title 2 weeks earlier.
City may not turn up or field a few young players.
Woolwich could reach the semi final of the EL and could play it 3 days after ther West Ham fixture and rest players.

What a carousel of failure to be able to ride

Add moyes and Bruce to it

AVB got a ticket then went on the international version

Sherwood had a ticket .. lost it and just can't find it again

Just swapping jobs with each other for multimillion pound payoffs

Reckon they joke about it to each other ?

This is Jonn Gregory!!!!!
DYqFeBZW0AEezQz.jpg

Guess Megson will just take charge until the end of the season.

Hope they get some points so WE can be the ones who officially relegate them. Cunts.

Hughes is a yet another example on the merry go round of crap managers continually appointed: see also fat Sam, pulis and the worst offender: pardew!

Makes me laugh that they’re the same twats that moan about the lack of English managers when they’re pundits.

Them taking positions and simultaneously being incompetent are the reason English managers get no chances and a bad name

Back
Top Bottom