The Sack Race

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This will be another Alan Curbishley/Charlton situation where they didn't understand how good they had it. Silly Burnley.

Burnley really screwed up here, I think. He didn’t have Burnley playing great football or anything, but he got them results on a shoestring budget. He’s taking the hit for the club’s failures.

Besides, I always just liked him whenever I have seen him in interviews. Seemed to be one of the most honest and realistic managers. I think he’ll find something easy enough, but would be nice to see him at a club with a little better infrastructure.

Happy that Dyche was sacked, because it makes our game against Burnley much easier. Not a fan of Dyche by any measure, but that Burnley squad is dogshit, he’s done very well with the resources he’s got. I think they’ll struggle to pick points between now and the end of the season.

Dyche won't end up at yo-yo clubs like West Brom or Watford, he's way beyond that. Everton makes too much sense not to happen.

Burnley really screwed up here, I think. He didn’t have Burnley playing great football or anything, but he got them results on a shoestring budget. He’s taking the hit for the club’s failures.

Besides, I always just liked him whenever I have seen him in interviews. Seemed to be one of the most honest and realistic managers. I think he’ll find something easy enough, but would be nice to see him at a club with a little better infrastructure.
Got Everton written all over it

Actually think he’d be a good manager for them

Not sure wtf burnley are thinking

He took them in to Europe on an average at best championship budget. They were never even anywhere near prem before dyche. They've been very unlucky with the amount of draws they've had, and, like before he'd of got them straight out of the championship without spending fuck all again. They'll be lower championship next season and league 1 within 2 seasons because that team is bang average. Shitty way to treat someone that has been so good for your club.

Horrendous decision by Burnley. Dyche performed miracles by keeping Burnley in the Premier League given the budget he had. He’s a good manager who made Burnley perform way above their level.

He’s viewed in high regard and I imagine he’ll be offered a job at a bigger club next. I’d love to see what someone like him would do at a mid table club.

As several other people have said. He'd be perfect for Everton once the Frank project is over. Either in the Championship or if they stay up. He'll put them back together defensively, but have some more resources to build with unlike at Burnley (assuming Everton can sort out their finances).

I’m quite surprised Burnley have sacked Dyche to be honest, and I think they may regret it.
I expect he’ll enjoy a bit of a break now and then perhaps we’ll see him in the Championship or at a low half premiership team.

Back
Top Bottom