Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Alli Gold basically said even Fraser Forster would be a prefered choice at RWB for Conte than Spence. He obviously made a joke, but I don’t think we’ll see Spence playing this season lads.

Conte is a great coach. But stubborn cunt😂
I hope I’m wrong.

im a little concerned Conte will just double down on Persic as RWB when Doherty doesn't play or is not very good.
I feel Conte is being a little stubborn regarding Spence, it's not like he's super raw like Pape Sarr. He's proven himself against prem opponents, and been an outstanding leading figure in a team promoted to the top.

im a little concerned Conte will just double down on Persic as RWB when Doherty doesn't play or is not very good.
I feel Conte is being a little stubborn regarding Spence, it's not like he's super raw like Pape Sarr. He's proven himself against prem opponents, and been an outstanding leading figure in a team promoted to the top.
And it isn't like Sarr is raw and untested either. Sarr is a full international for his country and has 2 seasons of top flight football in France on his resume.

Conte either has incredibly high standards or is just super stubborn. Either fits.

Wasn't a player Conte wanted & so I fully expect to see Doherty starting instead.

Thing is he didn't sign a lot of these players, but opts to play them regardless so why cut one's nose off to spite his face?

Our DOF & scouts had Conte-ball in mind when they scouted him so Spence being entirely incompatible seems unlikely.

Besides; I'm pretty damn sure that if Conte had categorically said "don't sign him; I'll just refuse to coach him" he wouldn't be here.

And it isn't like Sarr is raw and untested either. Sarr is a full international for his country and has 2 seasons of top flight football in France on his resume.

Conte either has incredibly high standards or is just super stubborn. Either fits.

This is what made me laugh about people saying we should have sent him on loan to the champo (just cos we did it with Skipp).....

As for the talk of "Send Spence to Forest in Jan"..... Too late. They have their own RBs now.

Thing is gang, Conte's not a moron, Maybe Spence is very raw and will need time to fully understand what Conte wants of him.

he's not omitting him out of spite.

Thing is he didn't sign a lot of these players, but opts to play them regardless so why cut one's nose off to spite his face?

Our DOF & scouts had Conte-ball in mind when they scouted him so Spence being entirely incompatible seems unlikely.

Besides; I'm pretty damn sure that if Conte had categorically said "don't sign him; I'll just refuse to coach him" he wouldn't be here.

I think a combo of Spence being young/raw & not a Conte choice = risk averse manager trusts the older players. If he was a player he really went out and picked out, I think the age would be less of a factor as he'd know exactly what he provided.

Do not think he's a player he currently trusts & Spence will have to earn that. Potentially over a LONG period of time.

Thing is gang, Conte's not a moron, Maybe Spence is very raw and will need time to fully understand what Conte wants of him.

So he offers less than what he wants than Royal? Why the hell did we sign him in that case

I think a combo of Spence being young/raw & not a Conte choice = risk averse manager trusts the older players. If he was a player he really went out and picked out, I think the age would be less of a factor as he'd know exactly what he provided.

He's been keen enough to play Skipp & Sess over the last 12 months though.

Do not think he's a player he currently trusts & Spence will have to earn that. Potentially over a LONG period of time.

I think you're right; but regardless the potential 'sulky' aspect of this doesn't sit well with me.

Last edited:

Spence looked sharp in the brief minutes he got towards the end of one of the games... Can't rule out him being omitted out of spite just because the club signed him when Conte wanted someone else..

Also don't forget Spence tore Woolwich apart last season..

Spence looked sharp in the brief minutes he got towards the end of one of the games... Can't rule out him being omitted out of spite just because the club signed him when Conte wanted someone else..

Also don't forget Spence tore Woolwich apart last season..
He wouldn't do any difference because of the way we set up.

Back
Top Bottom