Woolwich Wanderers V Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why can't we score from open play against opposition? We have strikers but we don't give them the ball, we're firing nob shots from wingers and midfield players who can't see barn doors. Why don't we do corners at either end, why are our free kicks pants and why can't we move up a gear when we need to. One nil down, twenty minutes to go and were strolling about like were 8-0 up, somebody has got make a run or change the play, but oh no this suits us. To many Why's AVB, not enough Wise.

Watch out mate, you'll get called an Arry fanboy :harrylol:

In conclusion:

- Dawson's never say die spirit and the fact that he's a 'blood and guts' defender isnt enough anymore. He isn't good or smart enough to play in our defence.

- we need Eriksen to hit the ground running.

We had 65% possession at their place. Seriously, who does that to them. We are well placed, they played like the away team and only wanted to counter.

Positives:

Soldado will score when we give him chances.

Lloris is a fucking hero.

Our squad is immense and give it a month or so, we'll be dicking teams.

Let them paper over the cracks with this win. Don't sign anyone and see how good your season turns out.

North London is and always will be ours.

This disgusts me.. We've lost our identity for 100M.. And we're not even better
What identity are you talking about? If our identity is intrinsically linked to the 100m you referred to then that would mean our identity is/ was Bale. That's a little absurd and more troubling is the fact that it would fully support the idea of us being that one man team we so often hear about. Frankly, I'm happy to lose that "identity"

1-0 lost ...hmmm,what i read here seems that Spurs had a bad day,i hope the new comers (Chiriches,Eriksen,Lamela) will increase valour of the team soon... unfortunately i didn't see the match, i read what you say here, tv stations here broadcast spanish,italian,french,german leagues,and nothing Live from Premier League yet,i hope is just a thing of time when i will watch soon Tottenham his Premier League matches...is still the beginning, i hope Tottenham to fight for a place in Uefa Champions League for the next season...
Heads up ,boys!
COYS!

wat he said :avblol:

Same as the other games for me, defensively we were good apart from being a bit sloppy for the goal but Lloris saved us on a couple of occasions again.

Going forward is a different case as we rarely got behind their defence, Townsend skinned Gibbs early on but never kept at him. We are missing that killer pass and it was all a bit scrappy around their box but despite that we had Woolwich hanging on at the end, even with 4 fullbacks on the pitch FFS.

Eriksen is going to be the key though, we need him to hit the ground running especially with dead ball situations as we were fucking poor at those all day.

In conclusion:

- Dawson's never say die spirit and the fact that he's a 'blood and guts' defender isnt enough anymore. He isn't good or smart enough to play in our defence.

- we need Eriksen to hit the ground running.
Dawson out. Cliches sp in

Our fear of the last two 5-2 games played on selection and tactics. Couldn't afford another heavy lose so he didn't play the creative side of Holtby and Sigurdsson.

how many times did soldado touch the ball today?

not quite sure what's the problem..
was it his positioning and performance?
or the lack of chances that the lads made him?

Why can't we score from open play against opposition? We have strikers but we don't give them the ball, we're firing nob shots from wingers and midfield players who can't see barn doors. Why don't we do corners at either end, why are our free kicks pants and why can't we move up a gear when we need to. One nil down, twenty minutes to go and were strolling about like were 8-0 up, somebody has got make a run or change the play, but oh no this suits us. To many Why's AVB, not enough Wise.

Lack of urgency. Its basically our entire problem - sort that out and adding an AM or not we would be formidable IMO.

We play at touring car speeds when we have F1 players.

In each game so far this season there has been a spell where we actually play with the pace this team requires and each time the opposing team has had no reply, the ball has been in and around their box, the gaps between midfield and attack have close, the fluidity has been there and we have looked unbeatable.

Why we purposefully play so pedestrian (at which point skill is everything and an AM is essential) I simply cannot understand. We should be blowing teams away

how many times did soldado touch the ball today?

not quite sure what's the problem..
was it his positioning and performance?
or the lack of chances that the lads made him?

The plan seems to be to attack through the wings, almost nothing centrally. Our wings are inverted so they like to cut in for shots, specially Townsend. Chadli put up a few crosses but Soldado isn't the kind of striker you can just throw up crosses to. They need to find better ways to service him and that includes a central midfield approach.

- Dawson. He isn't good or smart enough to play in our defence.

Same can be said for Walker.

His brain seems to be wired to have no perception of time - and therefore he does totally inappropriate things at any given moment in a match: From the stupid early tackles to his selfish lash over the bar in the final minutes.

Straight up thick.

Back
Top Bottom