Woolwich Wanderers V Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought he broke his ankle tbh.
GIF OF INCIDENT SLIGHTLY CRINGEWORTHY IMO:

iZgAqy2MFHT4I.gif

nah the other angle showed his knee bend awkward real fast like

definitely the knee

For a while before they scored we were starting to look good I think, going behind did highlight the fact that we aren't a 'team' as yet. Nobody really took control until Sandro came on, but by then Woolwich were sitting further and further back and we were always going to struggle.

Time will tell.

There is absolutely no need for that cunt to of gone down like that. Its firstly a handball. And secondly probably season ending. Yet because of a slight tug its perfectly acceptable.

Cazorla was being a cunt to him for the whole match. How he didn't get a yellow is beyond me. Ramsey is a prick as well... gets away with cynical shirt pulling etc. because he is British and looks like he is 7.

I know it was a loss but I guess there are a few positives.
Woolwich felt the need to end the game with 6 defenders on the pitch.
Next time we will have Eriksen on the pitch, so that will hopefully solve our creativity issues.
Lamela and Eriksen are our best signings but didn't get to play (apart from 15 minutes).
The only teams with more points than us are Liverpool and Chelsea.

However Walker needs to learn to cross and shoot. Our defence needs to learn to defend.
We didn't have a spark, Holtby really should have come on. Woolwich made it look easy.
We did absolutely nothing with our possession.

Townsend and to a lesser extent Dembele need to learn to release the ball more.
Also I'm a little worried we are pinning too much hopes on Eriksen being the sole creator on the pitch - Demebele/Chadli and (hopefully) Lamela need to get involved more.

Watched all Super Sunday with a Liverpool fan and a gooner finished the game with "We are top of the league" in one ear and that fucking Hey Jude Giroud song in the other....fucking cunts.

I know it was a loss but I guess there are a few positives.
Woolwich felt the need to end the game with 6 defenders on the pitch.
Next time we will have Eriksen on the pitch, so that will hopefully solve our creativity issues.
Lamela and Eriksen are our best signings but didn't get to play (apart from 15 minutes).
The only teams with more points than us are Liverpool and Chelsea.

However Walker needs to learn to cross and shoot. Our defence needs to learn to defend.
We didn't have a spark, Holtby really should have come on. Woolwich made it look easy.
We did absolutely nothing with our possession.

Summed up beautifully. Hopefully Eriksen will give Soldado the support he desperately needs.

At the 85th minute i looked up at the score and saw 1 - 0 Woolwich, i smiled. At the 87th minute i l saw Townsend on the right get the ball, all hope was lost. Not knocking Townsend, but just that Townsend had the ball in the 87 minute playing where Gareth Bale should be. Put Gareth Bale into that situation instead of Townsend, we might have another point right now. It's great we signed all these players, but simple fact is that it is still sad to see Gareth Bale not scoring late goals for us.

At the 85th minute i looked up at the score and saw 1 - 0 Woolwich, i smiled. At the 87th minute i l saw Townsend on the right get the ball, all hope was lost. Not knocking Townsend, but just that Townsend had the ball in the 87 minute playing where Gareth Bale should be. Put Gareth Bale into that situation instead of Townsend, we might have another point right now. It's great we signed all these players, but simple fact is that it is still sad to see Gareth Bale not scoring late goals for us.
Lamela was definitely on in place of Townsend by then..

Townsend was subbed:avbcringe:

The fact that Lamela doesnt speak English didnt help him. He looked very lost and I feel Walker cunted him off quite a bit. Lamela has the quality to sit where Bale used to.

I'm sorry, but Lamela isn't the quality of Gareth Bale (yet). It's just sad knowing that being in that situation this year compared to last.

Back
Top Bottom