Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You lot are harsh. He was fouled over and over again. The ref had a stinker. He showed great feet and quick thinking. For a lad that's played very little, that's not too bad. He was eager.
To be fair, his physicality wasn't the problem, it was the fact he kept giving the ball away.

Although it was always going to be a struggle for him to make any impact.

kept giving the ball away maybe because lack of full pace matchs, think that made me mad was he watched 70mins of the match and must have seen the ref gave very few soft fouls so why keep falling down when player cames near you ?

He’s like a leaf blowing about in the wind. So weak.

A terrible bit of recruitment buying him for £25m. Conte is obviously annoyed that he wasn’t dispatched in the summer. We could really do with that extra attacker right about now. But then again we all knew that we didn’t have enough up top.

He’s like a leaf blowing about in the wind. So weak.

A terrible bit of recruitment buying him for £25m. Conte is obviously annoyed that he wasn’t dispatched in the summer. We could really do with that extra attacker right about now. But then again we all knew that we didn’t have enough up top.
Shocking really.

Him and Emerson the real stinkers so far from Paratici.

I've lost count how many players were said to be too lightweight but went on to be amazing players.

Wasn't the same said of Modric?

You can't be a quick, agile winger and be built like Harry Maguire

Both Gil and Spence should get full games in the League Cup against Forest in early November.

You can't judge anything from last night's cameo other than he runs around a lot, tries a little too hard (understandably), goes to ground easily followed by flapping of arms, imploring the ref to blow up. Last night's ref largely ignored this.

Feel a bit sorry for him. Just looked so desperate to do well made a few mistakes but gave everything. Well done lad.
.... Sorry but these sort of posts seem a bit naive. At Premier league/champions league level we need more than trying hard. He gave the ball away most possessions with sloppy passes and got brushed off the ball the other times.

I actually think he has the ability to be of use, but to commend someone on working hard (but having a terrible performance) is a just... :s

.... Sorry but these sort of posts seem a bit naive. At Premier league/champions league level we need more than trying hard. He gave the ball away most possessions with sloppy passes and got brushed off the ball the other times.

I actually think he has the ability to be of use, but to commend someone on working hard (but having a terrible performance) is a just... :s
He’s played 12 minutes this season. To write someone off after 12 minutes is just… :s

If you read my post I said - I think he has the ability to be of use. So I haven't written him off. What I am saying, is that to commend someone for trying hard but being shit, is pointless.
At the same time, look at the way he hustled for that ball in the corner, saved it and then drew a foul. Many of our players could learn from that.

Back
Top Bottom