Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Change in tone

how does it take 2-3 months to learn how conte wants you to play ?
are the players Thick or Lazy ? you go to a new job it takes time to understand how that company want's you to deal with stuff or their rules/regs etc, but you put the effort in to learn
yes the players learning will make mistakes but so do the experianced ones, with 5 subs Conte can try these players late in games

are the players Thick or Lazy ? you go to a new job it takes time to understand how that company want's you to deal with stuff or their rules/regs etc, but you put the effort in to learn
yes the players learning will make mistakes but so do the experianced ones, with 5 subs Conte can try these players late in games

It took Eriksen half a year

The experienced ones have been playing under him since last season.

Have a look at this from the game against Leicester. Just something I noticed but I felt like Conte didn't feel like he could get through to Bissouma when he was talking to him before he came on (check 3.45 mins into the video)

So clearly he is asking for things from certain players.. and maybe he is doesn't trust that they can follow his strategy/tactics yet.

So clearly he is asking for things from certain players.. and maybe he is doesn't trust that they can follow his strategy/tactics yet.
Meaning that Royal is following Conte's tactics and being utter dross when going forward?

Makes no sense. Conte is playing 3 CBs, if anything he should be favouring a pacy attack minded WB to provide an outlet.

Impossible to believe that Spence is a worse attacking wing back than Royal

Meaning that Royal is following Conte's tactics and being utter dross when going forward?

Makes no sense. Conte is playing 3 CBs, if anything he should be favouring a pacy attack minded WB to provide an outlet.

Impossible to believe that Spence is a worse attacking wing back than Royal

If all being a WB amounted was running the wing and chucking the odd cross in, Lucas would be our #1... Why isn't he?

Cos there's the whole defensive side to the position that you and plenty of others are painfully in denial of.

You got fucking comprehension issue as well as zero sense of humour. No, once again I'd play him because we already know Emerson is bad! It's not that tricky a concept. Finding out Spencer was not the answer at this point would still be useful.
That isn't what you said though is it .
Moving the goalposts here.

Really ?

How do you know ?

Saying "he can't be any worse" isn't an answer

He can't be worse than Emerson Royale is 100% my answer.

So , what exactly, have I miscomprehended ?

If all being a WB amounted was running the wing and chucking the odd cross in, Lucas would be our #1... Why isn't he?

Cos there's the whole defensive side to the position that you and plenty of others are painfully in denial of.

People are going to have doubts again. It’s football, it’s about opinions. Some opinions are definitely not right and some are right."

Reflecting on his own personal experiences of such treatment, he continued: "I remember me being at Tottenham and people were saying I couldn't defend. Now it's vice versa, people say 'he's not good going forward but he is a great defender'.

In short, if Conte is seeking a reason then he will surely find one, whether it is to play Spence or not to..

tumblr_mmwhrfPTtZ1qeqr5fo1_250.gifv

- TAA is crap defensively and has (finaly) been exposed this season.
- Walker has always been prone to brain-farts, but luckily for him he had crazy recovery pace.

In short, if Conte is seeking a reason then he will surely find one, whether it is to play Spence or not to..

Ah, so you choose to ignore everything the manager says on the subject and his infinitely better insight into the player and just subscribe to the 'Conte is politicing' conspiracy theory instead then?

.....Have fun with that. :contethumb:

Facts:

- Conte gave the signing of Spence the green light.
- He said Spence is talented, yet it would take some time to adapt to what he wanted.
- This week he said Spence is coming along nicely.

Yet:

crazy-man-wearing-tin-foil-hat-crazy-scared-man-wearing-tin-foil-hat-paranoia-conspiracy-theory-concept-124245391.jpg

It's so telling that, despite all the constant bellyaching, NOT ONE person on this forum is prepared to vouch for Spence's defensive ability on the basis of any actual knowledge of it..... Not one.....

Cos "aTaCkInG wInGbAcKs"

Cos "cAnT bE wOrSe ThAn RoYaL"

Fucking boring.

Last edited:
Good to see he's in Conte's thinking - if he wasn't he wouldn't be in matchday squad or get on pitch.

Conte said it wouldn't be instant, which is fine. But I wouldn't mind the process being speeded up !

Good to see he's in Conte's thinking - if he wasn't he wouldn't be in matchday squad or get on pitch.

Conte said it wouldn't be instant, which is fine. But I wouldn't mind the process being speeded up !

It's up to him to dislodge MD as #1..... It always has been.

Didn't bring him on when 3-1 up against 10 men Frankfurt and in turn make his Champions League debut and give him a nice moment but happy to bring him on against Everton when 2-0 up with about 2 minutes to go.

Conte is a mad man.

Unfortunately for him, he probably won't be even getting 2 min sub appearances with Doherty likely the first choice and Emerson on the bench after suspension. He won't make the match day squad for league games.

A player for next season, maybe.
Hopefully the turd Royal is flushed out - Doh first choice with Spence off the bench. Turd back at Gremio reserves or whereever the hell he snuck out from

I don't see what the big deal is, when Conte thinks he's ready he'll play more.

If Emerson wasn't so shit, there wouldn't be anything like as much clamour to see Spence. He's going through a process a lot of players go through when moving up in levels. Nothing unusual going on here at all.

I don't see what the big deal is, when Conte thinks he's ready he'll play more.

If Emerson wasn't so shit, there wouldn't be anything like as much clamour to see Spence. He's going through a process a lot of players go through when moving up in levels. Nothing unusual going on here at all.
Agree , Contes done that his whole managerial career . He won’t play them until he’s absolutely sure they know what he demands will be executed . Spence will get his chance when he’s ready .

Back
Top Bottom